• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2016 |OT| The seasons change, but we're still Falling for Euri

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, if artistic integrity mattered they could just stop airing the anime until enough manga material was built up to not have to resort to a 1:1 episode to chapter pacing. But keeping the cash cow constantly flowing is obviously the most important thing here.

Yeah, that would clearly be the best option. But that path was closed off a long time ago. It's a shame, because a seasonal adaptation of One Piece would have the potential to be so amazing.

One Piece looks mostly fine-ish atm for a 700 episode long show but it could probably look as good as Mob Psycho and still feel tired just because of the pace they have to move at. Marineford era was far worse.

Still nobody should've ever or should ever watch OP over reading it, save for Baron Omotsuri/Strong World/Film Z/Film Gold I hope/Some TV specials

Squishy3

One Piece looks mostly fine-ish atm for a 700 episode long show but it could probably look as good as Mob Psycho and still feel tired just because of the pace they have to move at. Marineford era was far worse.

Still nobody should've ever or should ever watch OP over reading it, save for Baron Omotsuri/Strong World/Film Z/Film Gold I hope/Some TV specials
If One Piece's anime adaptation was handled like Gintama's where they take breaks I would die from how good it is, because the big moments in Gintama are so good, while Toei's usually pretty good for the big moments they completely botched the Dressrosa finale. Zou's been pretty good so far though.

Hell they even take the time to make a fake teaser for Gintoki's past look amazing. :lol

The Hosoda movie (Movie 6, Baron Omatsuri and the Secret Island) is amazing. It doesn't look like One Piece or feel much like it, but the way it creeps towards the finale is fantastic and the finale is thematically appropriate for One Piece. Hell there are elements of Thriller Bark and Saboady in the movie before those arcs even came out. The end of that movie is engraved into my head as much as the Eclipse is. Even if you have no interest in One Piece its worth watching.

So since I'm bored I decided that I would finally get around to watching One Punch Man since I haven't watched it before and I've heard good things about. First I try Crunchyroll, then Funimation... I find out it's on Daisuki, which I had never used before so I create an account and began watching the first episode.

Oh my god are these subtitles tiny. I'm sitting right in front of my computer and I feel like I have to squint to actually see them.Not to mention that if I ever tap the mouse, the video player controls blocks them all together. What the heck? Who designs a site like this. This is absolutely terrible

Should have specified it was Shrek 3.

Regardless I stopped. I don't hate myself THAT much quite yet. I need to waste 2 more days until Final Fantasy XV is out. Suggest me anime please. Anime that preferably isn't getting a blu ray release later in the west with better quality anything.

Man God

Non-Canon Member

Pokémon has more episodes and (currently) looks better than most short season shows.

raven777

Code Geass: Lelouch of the Resurrection

few years after zero requiem
main character is Lelouch
not confirmed to be TVA or not yet
There will be 3-part movie of the recap of the original Code Geass starting January 2017.

duckroll

Code Geass: Resurrection of Lelouch

few years after zero requiem
main character is Lelouch
not confirmed to be TVA or not yet
There will be 3-part movie of the recap of the original Code Geass starting January 2017.

Slight correction. The title would actually be Lelouch of the Resurrection, not Resurrection of Lelouch. Just like how the original series was Lelouch of the Rebellion.

The director (Taniguchi???) also supposedly said at the event that it's a simple (straight forward?) sequel.

raven777

Slight correction. The title would actually be Lelouch of the Resurrection, not Resurrection of Lelouch. Just like how the original series was Lelouch of the Rebellion.

The director (Taniguchi???) also supposedly said at the event that it's a simple (straight forward?) sequel.

Thanks for correction.

Is it confirmed that Taniguchi will be directing this?

Verelios

The Hosoda movie (Movie 6, Baron Omatsuri and the Secret Island) is amazing. It doesn't look like One Piece or feel much like it, but the way it creeps towards the finale is fantastic and the finale is thematically appropriate for One Piece. Hell there are elements of Thriller Bark and Saboady in the movie before those arcs even came out. The end of that movie is engraved into my head as much as the Eclipse is. Even if you have no interest in One Piece its worth watching.
I could write a dissertation on what exactly made this my favorite OP movie ever, thematically and its amazing animatography, but I'll just say it really hit home the futility of 'having will but no strength', and the last spurt always being the hardest. It reminded me of the consequences brought up during Water 7 from not being prepared enough or strong enough to freely sail the sea.

duckroll

Thanks for correction.

Is it confirmed that Taniguchi will be directing this?

I haven't been following coverage of the event, so I dunno. But I assume he would be if it's a straight sequel with Lelouch!

The blog also mentions that there will be new footage in the recap movies, so they're probably going to retcon a bunch of shit lol!

Line_HTX

I'm surprised that emoji still exists

I thought they were now water guns.

:V Bang

38EfMh8.gif
38EfMh8.gif
38EfMh8.gif

JCG

Code Geass was always super-popular, so something like this was inevitable.

Conceptually speaking...I don't like the idea of making a sequel to it, at a glance, but they could make things work out. Best case scenario, it'll be more interesting than we might imagine. Worst case, it'll probably still be entertaining either way.

Since they're apparently going the "compilation movies with new scenes" route too, as preparation for said sequel...I guess that might help them streamline the messier parts of the two seasons..

Frankly, I think Akito gets way too much flak. Akane is a talented director and there are lots of his quirks, positive and negative, involved. I liked it well enough.

zulux21

Code Geass was always super-popular, so something like this was inevitable.

Conceptually speaking...I don't like the idea of making a sequel to it, at a glance, but they could make things work out. Best case scenario, it'll be more interesting than we might imagine. Worst case, it'll probably still be entertaining either way.

Since they're apparently going the "compilation movies with new scenes" route too, as preparation for said sequel...I guess that might help them streamline the messier parts of the two seasons..

Frankly, I think Akito gets way too much flak.
I still need to get around to watching akito.

really I look at it this way... if they even get close to being on par with seasons 1 and 2 the new anime will be a wonderful watch.

even if it ends up being horrible worst case I ignore its existence :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom