• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2016 |OT| The seasons change, but we're still Falling for Euri

Status
Not open for further replies.

Line_HTX

Jojo Phantom Blood 05 - The Dark Knights (Dub)

It's no accident that we now find ourselves held by these restless cadavers.

I've been trying to steel my spine leading up to this little Tete-a-tete, but it's like the Grim Reaper's breathing down me neck. I'm all a-sweat.

HE ALMOST KNOCKED ME OFF MY FEET WITH A BLAST OF PURE HATE!

Masterful block, by the by. IT'S USELESS!!!

Mi dispiace.

Godspeed, you brave bastard.

Methinks this boy is a champion of his day. He shall make the perfect target upon which to practice the Art of War.

And now I will transform this sleepy village into a Necropolis. The zombies I create will devour England like a plague!

javac

Your Name is showing in UK cinemas right now, but when will be able to get our hands on a home release in the UK?

anime_andrew said:
Afraid our licensor holdbacks are not great on this one for VOD or homevideo :(! Really want to release as soon as we can though so as soon as we can it'll be done. Draft date that will go round is October but if we can do sooner, we will.

AP

October 2017 according to Anime Limited head.

Taruranto

Lion 6

This is like that one VN in which the characters keep explaining you their character development.

Except anime is a visual medium so it's even WORSE.

Can anyone tell me the name of the (I think recent) anime where the mc either physically or mentally time traveled back to their childhood and had something to do with a friend or classmate.
I think it was a mystery.

phaze

I should really finish that someday.

1478303816425rrko9.gif

Jex

Your Name is showing in UK cinemas right now, but when will be able to get our hands on a home release in the UK?

October 2017 according to Anime Limited head.

All the more reason for people to try their best to get to a screening!

Narag

Tiger Mask W 8

Naoto's agent constantly trying to hustle tiger mask merch is the secret best part of the show. The show addressing the issue of Naoto's dream being compromised by his lust for revenge is very welcome too as it hints at things being handled well in the future.

jman2050

www Working! 9

Oh my god that Engrish was glorious.

Great episode, Adachi/Muranashi is a go and I like the gag of Nagata slowly realizing that she has no reason to even like Higashida at all.

he was a fucking terrifying grandpa that haunts my dreams. Every night I close my eyes and I see his wrinkled face with blank eyes and swirling fucked up tongue approaching me.

Fuck whoever designed that guy. That's true horror.

Eumi

Just watched this whole 'bunch of arcs in one day' thing since I fell behind due to work and stuff. Pretty solid, the art really did fall a bit but the skill of the studio from earlier still helps carry it, as it kept the fun transitions and the like.

But man, you've just got to wonder why none of these stand fights ever get interrupted. I mean, Enigma was outright fought on the street, did no one see him? His stand powers fairly conspicuous.

Ah well. Time to go chomp on some dirt I guess.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Izetta Episode 9:

Well things went from zero to shitty in record time but that needed to happen since we are 3/4 done with this tale.

Eumi

Home stretch now. I can't really remember the end of this fight at all so I'm looking forward to this. There better be an op variant next time. Kira Yoshikage deserves nothing less-

---

Home stretch now. I can't really...

Thud

Just watched this whole 'bunch of arcs in one day' thing since I fell behind due to work and stuff. Pretty solid, the art really did fall a bit but the skill of the studio from earlier still helps carry it, as it kept the fun transitions and the like.

But man, you've just got to wonder why none of these stand fights ever get interrupted. I mean, Enigma was outright fought on the street, did no one see him? His stand powers fairly conspicuous.

Ah well. Time to go chomp on some dirt I guess.

That enigma theme tho. Plays right when he pulls the taxi including the driver out of a piece a paper.

javac

I remember feeling really...comfy the first time I watched Texhnolyze, maybe content is a better word? Watching it at 3am one night in a pitch black room under the bed covers, I feel oddly nostalgic thinking about it.

first couple of episodes are the weirdest, it gets less abstract, just keep going
Ah, cool. I was gonna give it a few more eps anyway.

Another lost soul. Tragic :(
Not lost yet!

I remember when I watched stuff like Ghost Hound, Ergo Proxy, and Texhnolyze late at night with all the lights off. That was fun.
I thought Ergo Proxy was really good. I meant to watch Ghost Hound when it was on Netflix, but never got around to it.

Narag

I should make a Texhnolyze thread in OT, urge people to watch it....

WE NEED TO TAKE IT TO THE MASSES!

First few eps effectively weed out the unworthy. It's something that should be found rather than recommended in the sense that you risk a lot of blowback due to the early "slow" episodes.

jonjonaug

Utapri Season 4 episode 9: Hikaru Midorikawa seduces and mindbreaks the most vanilla member of the main cast so they can sing the ultimate edgelord song together. This entire episode was just "Midorikawa says things" and it was the best.

Thoraxes

Speraking of Mahouka, i've owned these for a while now lol. I still gotta buy volume 3. I'll probably do that when I purchase the full Asterisk set after all of that is released.

2016-11-2617.28.45jwkd2.jpg

Jex

First few eps effectively weed out the unworthy. It's something that should be found rather than recommended in the sense that you risk a lot of blowback due to the early "slow" episodes.

Yeah, it's not really something meant for general audience consumption. It requires the viewer to want to understand the series, rather than trying to lure them in with a hook.

Eumi

That enigma theme tho. Plays right when he pulls the taxi including the driver out of a piece a paper.
The DIU soundtrack has been thoroughly fantastic. Every character has a theme that fits them perfectly, no matter how little use they get. I think enigmas theme plays like once?

Magical Girl Raising Project Episode 9

Well, I did not expect Sister Nana to commit suicide like that. Kind of scared for Alice though, if you can't kill her as a Magical Girl the next obvious conclusion is killing her as a Human, and now they know exactly where she lives. I really hope that she doesn't end up being offed this easily. It would really make her character meaningless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom