• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2016 |OT| The seasons change, but we're still Falling for Euri

Status
Not open for further replies.

Narag

Woah there Narag. Let's not bring logic into the DBZ world.

but i mean

The story of the series involves an ordinary high school boy who after an accident finds himself reincarnated in the body of Yamcha in the world of the Dragon Ball comics. Using his knowledge of what comes later in the manga, the young man trains hard to transform Yamcha into the strongest hero around.

Aki-at

Keijo!!!!!!!! - 9

Watching your daughter's victory reel that shows her ripping her underwear and fondling her breasts whilst feeling like an accomplished parent.

Yes that was what made me laugh more than erect grappling nipples.

Erigu

Im sure it'll be hilarious but how much can you realistically do with just knowledge?
Apparently,
he had the Nameccian Great Elder unlock his potential before the Saiyans even showed up on Earth. They didn't say how exactly, but "Dragon Balls!" seems like an appropriate answer
. Gives you an idea.

Cornbread78

Concrete Revolution on only one persons aoty list is very offensive.

No morose mononokean or super lovers is sad.

Ducky will pimp Concrete, but the others are all you buddy..

Izetta ep.11
Hmmmm...

There's no way these witches live past this next battle. I'm betting they kill each other off in tbe next battle so the world is on equal footing going forward..

Well, at least we got a nice yuri romance scene bundled in this episode..

Seriously, this show was a big bunch of nothing. I still don't get how they managed to craft a series were I was never able to give a damn about any single character, and those that were even slightly entertaining got killed while the survivors were limited to the most boring and underdeveloped characters out there.

Snow White got so little screen time I almost forgot she was supposed to be the main character of the show, and her character development so far has been limited to not wanting to fight and getting away with it while everybody but her is killing and getting killed.

The writing's just laughable... like, how the hell did the scenario writers not come up with any better narrative devices for developing the characters than creating ham-fisted expository flashbacks that were only shown to the audience? The way not a single character has actually been developed during the events portrayed in the show makes things even more stupid, since the only development we actually got was "Swim Swim is an ammoral, devious monster" and "everybody and their mother entrutst their hopes to Snow White, who does absolutely nothing". We could've been treated to Snow White struggling to come to terms with what was going on and finally doing something about it, but instead we are told she cares a whole lot about people she's barely ever met and knows nothing about such as freaking Sister Nana.

Just to try and make sense out of this mess, let me attempt to summarize the events so far:
  • Snow White becomes a magical girl, meets up with La Pucelle, a magical boy she was friends with a long time ago
  • Fab introduces the dropout game
  • Nemurin drops out... from life (oh, the twist!)
  • Swim Swim is unwittingly encouraged by Nemurin to overthrow (read: kill) Ruler
  • Cranberry fails to kill Winterprison, but manages to kill La Pucelle
  • Magicaloid teams up with Calamity Mary and attempts to kill Snow White, but is killed by the new girl in town, Hardgore Alice
  • Mary tries her darnest to kill Alice, but fails
  • Sister Nana tries to forge an allegiance with Alice, Snow White and Swim Swim
  • Swim Swim sets Nana up, and her cohorts kill Winterprison at the cost of one of the angle twins' lives. Nana commits suicide shortly afterwards
  • Calamity Mary forces Ripple and Top Speed to fight her, and gets killed by them
  • Swim Swim shows up out of nowhere and kills Top Speed (surprise, she was pregnant!). Ripple vows to avenge the one person she could call 'friend'
  • Swim Swim learns about Alice's real identity and kills her
  • Cranberry goes to fight Swim Swim and kills the remaining angel twin
  • The clumsy-as-hell Tama somehow manages to land a sneak attack on Cranberry, killing her
  • Tama also walks into Swim Swim as she was lying unconcious in her normal form, so the latter kills the former to protect her secret identity
Notice how the only thing Snow White ever does by herself is becoming a magical girl at the very start of the show? Like, are you freaking kidding me?!

To me, it looks like the writers wanted to have a reluctant character that got to watch while despair spread around her like Madoka, only they failed to make her matter in the overall plot at all, unlike Madoka Magica. The worst part is the show doesn't even manage to be so-bad-it's-good unlike Big Order or other crappy shows... Magical Girl Raising Project to me is just the dullest, most formulaic and badly written piece of crap show I've watched in years.

Well I'm glad I decided to drop it early on to eventually hit Madoka Magica clone of WIXOSS which aired 2 years ago.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
ODmOMTm.jpg

they're definitely girlfriends

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

duckroll

*a picture of the biggest idiot ever*

This guy is pure idiocy given human form.

I love how he was SO pro he didn't even bother to check what the outcome of him firing that shot was. One moment he fired the shot off, and the next moment he's hiding 100000000000 miles away going "OOOOH FUCK YEAH! I SURE SHOWED THEM!!!"

??????????????????

Fucking ROFLMAO.

Cz_Zsb_Af_WEAAD5_SQ.jpg

This guy is pure idiocy given human form.

I love how he was SO pro he didn't even bother to check what the outcome of him firing that shot was. One moment he fired the shot off, and the next moment he's hiding 100000000000 miles away going "OOOOH FUCK YEAH! I SURE SHOWED THEM!!!"

??????????????????

Fucking ROFLMAO.

IOK IS BEST BOY AND YOU ALL WILL RESPECT HIM!!! Ya'll just don't understand the truskill that Iok has.

HE GON FUCK UP MIKA WHEN THEY MEET!!!

Jarmel

Banned

??????????????????

Fucking ROFLMAO.

Real pros never confirm their kills.

Narag

Mob Psycho 100 4

Didn't really expect to find the Body Improvement Club to be so endearing as I figured they'd be throwaway characters. Instead they're sorta important what with how they make elements of the show so overt like not abusing strength simply because you have it. Of course, the episode ends on with Mob telling Teru just that.

Narag

Mob Psycho 100 5

Well that one was decidedly harder to watch than the previous episodes given how raw and ugly (not the visuals) it was. Reigen's words coupled with Mob's personal trauma made a strong case for him resisting using his power against Teru but christ, I didn't expect Teru to so greatly fear the loneliness he expected to encounter if he was simply normal so much that he'd lash out at Mob as he did. Strong contrast between the two given how everyone that knew Teru respected (read: feared) him due to his weaponizing his power as opposed to Mob's peers accepting him as one of their own in spite of his abilities.

Lostorage incited WIXOSS | 01

Oh boy Selector Battles are back I wonder what psychic/magical shenanigans are taking place this time and if said shenanigans will ever be properly explained or if I'll have to take it for "its cause magic and reasons duh!"

Regardless, having guys being part of Selector Battles is nice and refreshing, gotta get that gender equality in. And instead of wishes like the previous season(s) this time the battle system is tied to memories; I wonder if the LRIG and Selector
switch
happens if all coins go black, but then again the deal with black-haired girl I already see being Chinatsu who lost her memories due to being a Selector before and failing at it, does said memory loss also apply to the immediate family as well? On that note, I wonder if Mayu is pulling psychic/magical shenanigans again or if it's another entity.

Theory-crafting aside, I'm not sure if it's just me but animation quality has improved to what I saw in the previous season(s) so that's another plus. Will continue the anime but, again, I'm hoping that the overarching plot is explained compared to the previous season(s).

Edit: You think after the previous season(s) the people/company that makes WIXOSS would do something about magical/psychic crap hacking into their card game; it's bad business for girls to lose their souls and shit.

jman2050

Girlish Number 10

Things are getting realer and realer.

Seems like after 10 episodes of being a brick wall who can't take a hint Chitose might finally be doing some useful introspection that isn't either wallowing in self-doubt or delusionally hiding her faults. She's a fascinating character for sure, can't wait to see what they do with this.

And I liked how despite how they showed it Kuzu's little character "arc" amounted to literally nothing at all.

Wanderer5

Just drop the TV anime and watch the movie. So much better.

Blue Exorcist? Probably still watch till the halfway point least, before it then starts really derailing from the manga.:p The movie was pretty good through.

I going to guess they are going to do something similar for the upcoming season like Black Butler, which I believe forgets about the anime stuff with the last couple "books" that are based on later arcs in the manga series.

Apparently,
he had the Nameccian Great Elder unlock his potential before the Saiyans even showed up on Earth. They didn't say how exactly, but "Dragon Balls!" seems like an appropriate answer
. Gives you an idea.
Only thing I can see this meaning is that
he can fly around and do a bunch of ki attacks before anyone else

But it still wouldn't make him all of a sudden able to defeat a saiyan or one of the main baddies post dragon ball original series.

It'll be fun to see what it's like though. Lord knows I'm in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom