• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2016 |OT| The seasons change, but we're still Falling for Euri

Status
Not open for further replies.
KyoAni will return stronger with that Dragon Maid show.

600full-hayao-miyazaki.jpeg

Sterok

Girlish Number 10

Kuzu is someone who once he became trash never got out of the gutter. He's lucky he's still technically has some power right now. Chitose couldn't even get that far. She's always been terrible, showed potential and improvement once, and then squandered whatever chance she had. She's basically on her last leg as a voice actress. Either she figures something out now, or she's out of the industry. She's lucky she's got a caring brother and other people trying to help her.

Yuri On Ice Episode 11
CzqboAzXEAQiO3R.jpg:small

Yes so glad JJ is pretty much eliminated from winning and that Yurio is almost assured to win, please deliver anime gods. I need most improved Yurio, who actually put in tons of hardwork, effort, dedication, and determination, to win his championship.

Phichit had the best song followed by Chris.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Girlish Number 10

Kuzu is someone who once he became trash never got out of the gutter. He's lucky he's still technically has some power right now. Chitose couldn't even get that far. She's always been terrible, showed potential and improvement once, and then squandered whatever chance she had. She's basically on her last leg as a voice actress. Either she figures something out now, or she's out of the industry. She's lucky she's got a caring brother and other people trying to help her.

Still think it would be hilarious if they had just made this series a sidestory following Zuka from Shirobako as she crashes and burns in her attempt at a VA career.

jman2050

Still think it would be hilarious if they had just made this series a sidestory following Zuka from Shirobako as she crashes and burns in her attempt at a VA career.

See it just woiuldn't be the same because Zuka is the polar opposite of Chitose. Zuka is a not-particularly-special talent who worked her ass off and did everything she could to pursue her dream despite never catching a break until the very end and even then it's unclear she'll ever truly reach stardom. And most of all, we already saw that story, it was in Shirobako!

Chitose on the other hand is given every outside advantage possible to succeed in the VA industry, from having a supportive family and literally having a man on the inside as her brother to being put front and center as the star of a VA idol vehicle just because she's cute and was at the right place and right time. And by all accounts she's portrayed to at least have the potential to reach legitimate stardon. Yet she's blown all those advantages by being lackadaisical, hardheaded, egotistical, and unwilling to put forth any effort to improve herself.

These are two very different stories we're dealing with here.

e_i

A little while longer until the Summoning homage album. I imagine since it's coming from England, the tracks will be released shortly.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Yuri!!! on Ice Episode 11:

This series does improve a lot when I can actually give a shit about the participants and the stakes involved.

MSMrRound

As much as I like Sound! Euphonium, episode 11 felt pretty weak after coming off two back-to-back episodes that was very well put together.

Oh well. At least maybe that's the end of the drama and we can finally focus on the competition.

P.S need more footage of Midori lugging around her contrabass with her tiny body. Please take note. Thanks KyoAni.

Yuri on Ice 11

Minute and a half of recap at the start of the episode....Beyond that I feel like I'm watching reruns aside from the JJ and Otabek parts. If you re-organized these episodes into a random order, it would be difficult to tell them apart chronologically. Am I crazy? I was zoning out something fierce in this episode because of the intense deja vu.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Yuri on Ice 11

Minute and a half of recap at the start of the episode....Beyond that I feel like I'm watching reruns aside from the JJ and Otabek parts. If you re-organized these episodes into a random order, it would be difficult to tell them apart chronologically. Am I crazy? I was zoning out something fierce in this episode because of the intense deja vu.

No, they are all pretty samey.

Clov

Trailer for the just-announced movie from Masaaki Yuasa, adapting Tomihiko Morimi's 2006 story "Yoru wa Mijikashi Arukeyo Otome". Opening April 7.

I was excited enough at a new Yuasa work, but this looks like it takes place within The Tatami Galaxy's world; my hype is officially off the charts. This is going to be incredible!

So is that like, Tatami Galaxy 2 or why are the character designs and general art direction that damn close? From what I get via google this doesn't inherently have anything to do with one another except the similar setting?

It's the Tatami Galaxy staff adapting a work by Tatami Galaxy's author, so I suppose they decided a similar visual approach was appropriate.

Eupho - 11

Well, fuck all that. Reina's infatuation with Taki has never been particularly compelling and...CAN SOMEBODY IN THIS SHOW JUST TELL HER THAT JUST MAYBE SHE SHOULDN'T GENUINELY BE PURSUING HER TEACHER AND FATHER'S FRIEND?

She's obsessive and downright creepy, confronting Taki himself about his wife and even visiting her grave, making promises and shit.

While I can't say I'm enthralled with this kind of drama to begin with, it would be nice if it were at least portrayed in a way where Reina's behavior seemed problematic. But no, the teachers are oblivious to her crushing on Taki hard and Kumiko apparently doesn't even consider her pursuit questionable at all? This episode made me think less of Kumiko and much less of Reina. Blergh.

And judging by that trailer it takes place in the same universe.

I spotted Higuchi in the trailer, so there might be a few shared characters.

Yeh that's basically what I'm wondering about. I guess it has to be shared to some degree in which case matching the visuals that closely would seem more appropriate.

Clov

Speaking of anime films, Gkids is not only putting Ocean Waves into theaters, but they're also going to be releasing it on home video. While I'm not a big fan of the film, it makes me hopeful that they'll try and grab Yamadas next.

Quasar

Girlish Number 10 - Whats that I'm feeling? yeah, sympathy for Chitose. And this episode moreso as I've had circumstances very vaguely similar. I've really enjoyed this show...I just hope it doesn't end on as much of a down note as I'm imagining right now.

Quasar

KyoAni's lost the thread.

I must admit I am a bit confused given I'm enjoying it as much as last season and pretty sure it will be in my top 5 when I make my list.

Which I guess is a step down from last year when it was my #2. But this does have both Grand Passage and Rakugo which I'm pretty sure with be my top 2.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
I must admit I am a bit confused given I'm enjoying it as much as last season and pretty sure it will be in my top 5 when I make my list.

Which I guess is a step down from last year when it was my #2. But this does have both Grand Passage and Rakugo which I'm pretty sure with be my top 2.

The dramatics have been a lot more forced this season and are pretty much taking up the screen space.

Jex

[Yuri On Ice] - 11

Did anything...y'know...happen this episode? I would argue that it did not. There was lots of sequences of skating but it all felt so empty.

phaze

TO BE HERO 11
I could buy Yamada buying the farm but not the
daughter too.

Great ep, sure didn't expect this show to try tug my heartstrings like that even if it doesn't quite succeeds at that.

Jex

Regarding, Yoru wa Mijikashi Arukeyo Otome, let's face the facts here:

Tengu, confirmed, Tanuki, confirmed. This clearly only means one thing! This is the 4th anime in the Tomihiko Morimi Cinematic UniverseTM which includes Tatami Galaxy, The Eccentric Family, The Eccentric Family S2 and now Yoru wa Mijikashi Arukeyo Otome.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
[Yuri On Ice] - 11

Did anything...y'know...happen this episode? I would argue that it did not. There was lots of sequences of skating but it all felt so empty.

JJ basically collapsed under pressure and Yurio is in the lead going into the final episode, outside of that, not really.

Regarding, Yoru wa Mijikashi Arukeyo Otome, let's face the facts here:

Tengu, confirmed, Tanuki, confirmed. This clearly only means one thing! This is the 4th anime in the Tomihiko Morimi Cinematic UniverseTM which includes Tatami Galaxy, The Eccentric Family, The Eccentric Family S2 and now Yoru wa Mijikashi Arukeyo Otome.

The best cinematic universe.

Taruranto

Yuri #11

Yikes, yeah, this was pretty bad and uninspired. Even the final cliffhanger was ineffective, should have ended it with Victor's reaction.

I think the previous episode final shot did a better job at hyping the final competition that this whole episode did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom