• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2016 |OT| The seasons change, but we're still Falling for Euri

Status
Not open for further replies.

blurr

Amazon Prime is now available in India. A handful of shows but nice to see the anime streaming scene growing along with Netflix, Daisuki and CR.

The Great Passage
Durararara S1
Haikyu S1&S2
Ano Hana
SamFlam
FMA
Blue Exorcist
and more stuff

Szadek

RUQh0n8.jpg

First look at Kirakira Precure's characters. Pick your poison. Yup, they all have animal ears/tails.
SO CUTE!!!!

Anyway,
Sugar Sugar Rune - Ep. 28-33
Shockingly, this anime actually has a plot and lore, more importantly it's actually somewhat interesting.
The other episodes focued mostly on Chocolats' development, which is also very nice to see.

Amazon Prime is now available in India. A handful of shows but nice to see the anime streaming scene growing along with Netflix, Daisuki and CR.

The Great Passage
Durararara S1
Haikyu S1&S2
Ano Hana
SamFlam
FMA
Blue Exorcist
and more stuff

And yet still no Great Passage in the US.

/XX/

And yet still no Great Passage in the US.
Have they given any solid reason for that absence? Because the Amazon Prime Video just launched here in Spain also has The Great Passage, and is rightfully promoted as an exclusive show for the platform.

Crayon Shin-chan Gaiden: Aliens vs. Shinnosuke is available too! I knew they wouldn't miss the opportunity to feature it here!

duckroll

Flip Flappers - Episode 4

This was boring and stupid. The backgrounds are super duper good and everything is so pretty but I just can't give a shit about their relationship. If they remained stuck on that island and died, I wouldn't have cared.

Flip Flappers - Episode 5

I watched half of this episode and almost fell asleep. I resumed it later on and the second half was much better. I think I like the show best when nothing is actually "happening" other than some weird wacky scenario. I really can't stand the "plot" about the characters, the flashbacks, or whatever. I just don't care. I find that me falling asleep while watching this show is a recurring theme. I wonder why.

Branduil

Flip Flappers - Episode 3

This was boring and stupid. The backgrounds are super duper good and everything is so pretty but I just can't give a shit about their relationship. If they remained stuck on that island and died, I wouldn't have cared.

Flip Flappers - Episode 4

I watched half of this episode and almost fell asleep. I resumed it later on and the second half was much better. I think I like the show best when nothing is actually "happening" other than some weird wacky scenario. I really can't stand the "plot" about the characters, the flashbacks, or whatever. I just don't care. I find that me falling asleep while watching this show is a recurring theme. I wonder why.

Man, you're not going to like the second half of this show.

I'm guessing since it has apples and honey in it (its the sweetest of the brand Japanese curry brands and if I want something spicy I'll just have a normal Indian or Thai curry.) .

Yep, that's it (according to a variety program on Japanese TV that touched on this subject that aired about a year back). Apparently for the Japanese, Vermont=Apples.

Although personally I find Vermont curry too weak so I'm not a fan. Golden Curry 4 lyf.

Eureka Seven 1-43

This show is a god damn mess. Low lows and the few fantastic moments don't really feel deserved (with some exceptions). The story material, designs, music, VA-- everything, is the marking of a great series but the execution fails. It feels like whoever planned the series really had no idea where they were taking it, possibly hinging on whether they would be renewed past each cour or something.

Now there's at least 3 of us!

You mention my two biggest issues with the show. As a whole it feels like an unstructured mess and many of the characters really just cycling through the same motions.

blurr

I liked E7 for most of the part, wish I could articulate my thoughts more precisely, been a while since I've seen it.

At the very least, I won't shy away from suggesting it should anyone ask.

Have they given any solid reason for that absence? Because the Amazon Prime Video just launched here in Spain also has The Great Passage, and is rightfully promoted as an exclusive show for the platform.

Crayon Shin-chan Gaiden: Aliens vs. Shinnosuke is available too! I knew they wouldn't miss the opportunity to feature it here!

Amazon made one comment on the matter to ANN:

Amazon U.S. confirmed with ANN on Thursday that its Amazon Prime Video service will stream The Great Passage, ViVid Strike!, and Chi's Sweet Adventure anime series. The company told ANN that it "sometimes [releases] programming at different times in different countries." The company added that it doesn't have a specific release window to announce yet for when the three anime will stream on Amazon U.S.

So yeah...

Clov

vRyIEQX.png

Now duckroll can start banning peeps for not watching Key the Metal Idol like how I was banned for not watching Shin Godzilla.

also kyouwhatever bds in feb

Can't believe I missed this last night! That's what playing Ace Attorney instead of watching anime gets me.

Both Kyousougiga and 5cm Per Second in the same month? That's on top of Funimation's release of Innocence and Nichijou... that's going to be tough on my wallet.

I've been doing a series of Ajin Anime/Manga comparison articles to see exactly how much was changed and in what way between the anime and the manga. It's really been getting me hyped for the second season. From my comparisons I feel like this studio, Polygon Pictures, doesn't get enough praise for how much effort goes into making these really tight adaptations. It fills in a few 'holes' of the manga, and fleshes parts out that it kind of skimmed over or didn't put too much thought into. It's really incredible, for the medium, how much effort has gone in here compared to other manga/light novel adaptations.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Now that Centaur's Worries has an anime, please look forward to the next hotly anticipated adaptation announcement for Is It Wrong to Eat Monsters in a Dungeon?

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Hibike! Euphonium 2 Episode 11:

Not going to lie, I had to shut off this episode half way through because of how much burning contempt I have for it as they finally did it, they combined the inane petty drama with my absolutely least favorite part of this show. I don't really care how much seriousness and such you try to give it, Reina is a high school girl who is seriously trying to hook up her very adult teacher and that can go fuck right off six ways to Sunday. God help us and get to the fucking Nationals already and end this wetched fucking season.

Jex

For some reason I've been looking at the promo material for Flip Flappers and I found this interesting synopsis:

How does the world look in your eyes? Papika and Cocona, the heroines of the story, hold the keys to open the door. When the two girls meet, their adventures in a different time and different overlapping dimension called "Pure Illusion" begin. Many things in Pure Illusion will stand in the girls' way on their search for the mysterious crystal called the "Shard of Mimi," an item that is said to grant any wish. However, when the girls find themselves in danger, the Shard of Mimi shines, and they are able to transform.
Hmm...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom