• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2016 |OT| The seasons change, but we're still Falling for Euri

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quasar

So the service formally known as hummingbird is doing a full on reboot. A total revamp including name and brand changes. Currently in beta and with the feature set pared back as they get the core just right.

I do mostly like the interface revamp. It certainly looks a bit nicer and clearer and the whole feed is much more coherent and the privacy options seem much better for people who care about those kinds of things.

Pein

Banned
Hey any recommendations for somebody looking for a show like moribito? Something with swords at least lol. I've barely watched any anime for the past 3 years so I'm open to suggestions.

Hey any recommendations for somebody looking for a show like moribito? Something with swords at least lol. I've barely watched any anime for the past 3 years so I'm open to suggestions.

I did not watch Moribito, but judging from the cover, maybe The heroic legend of Arlsan.

For things with swords.

Sword of the Stranger
+1 Seraph of the end
+1 for Noragami
Seven deadly sins
Magi
Tales of Zestiria
Blue exorcist.

Quasar

Well, with Prime Video starting in Australia I took a look to see if its including the Noitamina shows. Happily it does including Great Passage.

And the 3$ intro price might keep me around for a while even if its just for noitamina anime and a few other things like Man in the High Castle.

Hibike! Euphonium S2 11

Meh I don't see the issue with this episode. Reina's thing for her teacher reminds me of the countless sitcoms I've seen where the teenaged girl or guy has a crush on their hot teacher but you know it is completely one-sided and isn't going anywhere just like in this. Visiting the grave was odd though.

Aki-at

Girlish Number - 11

This new manager in insufferable, please Towada take him out back like you did Kuzo. Chitose continues to think the world revolved around her until new "Everyone do your best!" girl finally knocked some sense into her by seeing just how everyone prefers her to Chitose. Then I start to feel bad for her, especially towards the end when she's so down she muses if she could have changed she would have already.

At this rate I kind of wonder if the series might end with her just bowing out of the industry like her brother before her.

So yea amazon prime video is working in Canada now! I tried watching The great passage, it's all there up to episode 9 with subs.

I gotta watch a few shows now!

How is Vivid strike? any good?

Quasar

So yea amazon prime video is working in Canada now! I tried watching The great passage, it's all there up to episode 9 with subs.

I gotta watch a few shows now!

How is Vivid strike? any good?

Its weird in Australia given Amazon does not sell fire devices here, so aside from game consoles I'm not sure how you are supposed to watch prime video on a tv. Well there's apps built into smart tvs I guess.

Andrew J.

Euphonium S2 11

"What did you ask her?"

"To win gold. To fulfill Taki-sensei's dream!"

You're not fooling anybody, Reina. We all know you asked Taki-sensei's wife's ghost for permission to bang him.

Its weird in Australia given Amazon does not sell fire devices here, so aside from game consoles I'm not sure how you are supposed to watch prime video on a tv. Well there's apps built into smart tvs I guess.

I don't think we even have a console app here in Canada or the Amazon fire device, so I pretty much resigned myself, just like with Daisuki, to watch those shows on PC even if I prefer watching my anime on my TV.

Niks

Hibike! Euphonium S2 11

Meh I don't see the issue with this episode. Reina's thing for her teacher reminds me of the countless sitcoms I've seen where the teenaged girl or guy has a crush on their hot teacher but you know it is completely one-sided and isn't going anywhere just like in this. Visiting the grave was odd though.

Reina as a character was dumped under a bus. Her motivations are wacko, not to mention creepy.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
tumblr_mpkabxzmmi1qisauso1_500.png

wL8veLI.png

Reina as a character was dumped under a bus. Her motivations are wacko, not to mention creepy.

Sound Euphonium S2 has been a parade of dumb characters acting dumb. If only Dezaki had been resurrected from the dead to direct this, he might have been able to get some hammy enjoyment out of all this melodrama.

Quasar

I don't think we even have a console app here in Canada or the Amazon fire device, so I pretty much resigned myself, just like with Daisuki, to watch those shows on PC even if I prefer watching my anime on my TV.

well with consoles you just get the app from the us store. works fine.

John Blade

It might be a bit too early but I think it might be a good time to compare note of anime show/move/ova you have manage to finish this year and maybe choose what you think of them. Was wondering if they is a topic we can made or maybe post here of what anime you have watch and what you think is the best, worst, disappointing, controversial (aka: popular anime you don't like), hidden gems, and many more if needed. Also, it might not have to be recent anime but anime you have watch during this year.

Wonder if anyone want to participate with this or just me only and I post all of this up here. Just asking.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Is Centaur's Worries considered yuri? There's a whole chapter centered around girls kissing girls.

Probably not. I think to be considered yuri, the whole story need to resolve around it. From what i've read so far, the yuri element in centaur worries is not the major part of the story

Cornbread78

It might be a bit too early but I think it might be a good time to compare note of anime show/move/ova you have manage to finish this year and maybe choose what you think of them. Was wondering if they is a topic we can made or maybe post here of what anime you have watch and what you think is the best, worst, disappointing, controversial (aka: popular anime you don't like), hidden gems, and many more if needed. Also, it might not have to be recent anime but anime you have watch during this year.

Wonder if anyone want to participate with this or just me only and I post all of this up here. Just asking.

Post a thread in OT and link us to it.

Thud

I finished Berserk. 2016 was weird.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
See it just woiuldn't be the same because Zuka is the polar opposite of Chitose. Zuka is a not-particularly-special talent who worked her ass off and did everything she could to pursue her dream despite never catching a break until the very end and even then it's unclear she'll ever truly reach stardom. And most of all, we already saw that story, it was in Shirobako!

Chitose on the other hand is given every outside advantage possible to succeed in the VA industry, from having a supportive family and literally having a man on the inside as her brother to being put front and center as the star of a VA idol vehicle just because she's cute and was at the right place and right time. And by all accounts she's portrayed to at least have the potential to reach legitimate stardon. Yet she's blown all those advantages by being lackadaisical, hardheaded, egotistical, and unwilling to put forth any effort to improve herself.

These are two very different stories we're dealing with here.

You're not helping here! We can make it work with some creative writing! :p

Thoraxes

All this suffering talk is going to make me start Texh tomorrow.
Do it, do it, do it.
Try to prove the chart wrong.
Hibike! Euphonium S2 11

Sitcoms? Try real life. I've even lived through the receiving end of that experience too :/

Though not the grave thing lol

Durarara X2 Shou 4.5

The one OVA of DRRR that I didn't get too until now. It was good. Best part was when it showed how Shizuo and Tanaka met. Would have liked it if it had actually showed us how Kadota, Karisawa and Yamasaki had met but eh, can't get everyone in one episode.

TrueBlue

I gotta say, these Eupho impressions are giving me bad vibes. Reina has beem just kinda there for the whole season. That when we finally refocus on her it happens to be on her least interesting/convincing aspect - and that it's not done that well here - is disappointing.

Still, reserving judgement until I see it for myself.

So can anyone here give a recommendation to a totally noobish anime watcher.
I've only ever watched a few anime's mainly Dragonball Z and Pokemon when I was younger but recently tried getting back into it.

I watched and loved Death Note, One Punch Man and Avatar+Korra (not sure if this is considered anime). I watched and hated Attack on Titan and Akira.

So can anyone give me suggestions in the same mold as the anime's I liked that don't have an insane number of episodes or even Stand alone anime movies.

I'm not really into space or Sci/fi and aliens but I did enjoy DBZ when it was on, but nothing with robots.

So can anyone here give a recommendation to to totally noobish anime watcher.
I've only ever watched a few anime's mainly Dragonball Z and Pokemon when I was younger but recently tried getting back into it.

I watched and loved Death Note, One Punch Man and Avatar+Korra (not sure if this is considered anime). I watched and hated Attack on Titan and Akira.

So can anyone give me suggestions in the same mold as the anime's I liked that don't have an insane number of episodes or even Stand alone anime movies.

I'm not really into space or Sci/fi and aliens but I did enjoy DBZ when it was on, but nothing with robots.

Humm I recommend

My Hero Academia
Seven Deadly sins
Noragami

Start with these

jgminto

Mob Psycho 100 is probably the best recent option, Ping Pong is the best show of the decade so far so I'd give that a chance even if the genre is different than your usual thing. Jojo's Bizarre Adventure could be your thing and it's currently airing on Toonami so you could join in for that if you're interested. Other than that there's plenty of classics over the last two decades that always get recommended like Cowboy Bebop and Fullmetal Alchemist, someone should really create an obvious recommendation list so it can be easily posted.

Disliking Akira though, smh. It's a masterpiece.

Moaradin

Hunter x Hunter (148 episodes so I don't know if it's too long, but it's the best of the best when it comes to shonen fighting anime)
Yu Yu Hakusho (classic shonen anime made by the same guy that does HxH, but it's 112 episodes)
Mob Psycho 100 (same guy who did One Punch Man, so you'll probably like this too)
Fullmetal Alchemist (2003 and/or 2009 series, you can't go wrong)
Fate/Zero
Kyousougiga
Haikyuu

All great shows

duckroll

Just watch Sword of the Stranger.

Humm I recommend

My Hero Academia
Seven Deadly sins
Noragami

Start with these

Damn all three of these seem to be right up my alley compared to the other suggestion but I'm not sure why.

I watched the first episode of Mob Psycho 100 because it was made by the same guy but didn't get anything from it and didn't hook me like One Punch Man did.

As for not liking Akira, I maybe saw it when I was too old and it didn't have a good impact on me and I found the ending just dumb. I realize it was a pioneer at the time like Star Wars, but I also watched that when I was older so I lost all of the appeal of it and didn't find that special. I guess I'm just not into the futuristic worlds of those and other films like Blade Runner and would take a fantasy genre more like Lord of the Rings or Superhero movies.

kewlmyc

So can anyone here give a recommendation to a totally noobish anime watcher.

Try Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood and Cowboy Bebop. One is 64 episodes, the other is 26 and a movie.

I'd also recommend at least giving Mob Psycho a chance until episode 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom