• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2016 |OT| The seasons change, but we're still Falling for Euri

Status
Not open for further replies.
Talking about people who know their audience.

xup3wbpfkrrf7sfl.jpg

Sorry Kiss Shot but dat Arararagi!

So noitamina for the next year:

- Ugly adaptation of dodgy romance manga
- Ugly season 2 of bad light novel adaptation
- Ugly naked swimming boys novel adaptation (the only way this could get more Free is if Utsumi herself had been convinced to direct it)
- Inuyashiki adaptation from Keiichi Satou and the Attack on Titans/Kabaneri CG director (guess this could possibly be interesting?)
- More Kabaneri ugh

Welp, not much for me.

Damn. There was a time when noitaminA was the most interesting thing happening in anime. Seeing the husk it's become for the past few years is pretty sad.

BluWacky

- Ugly naked swimming boys novel adaptation (the only way this could get more Free is if Utsumi herself had been convinced to direct it)

It's worth noting that not only does Dive!! predate Free, but that the original novels are by the author of Colorful - so not a total washout in terms of writing based on credits. The last time Dive!! received an adaptation it was into a shounen manga, curiously.

- Inuyashiki adaptation from Keiichi Satou and the Attack on Titans/Kabaneri CG director (guess this could possibly be interesting?)

This looks pretty good. However, the trailer is entirely CG; I'm entirely unconvinced as a result.

Welp, not much for me.

It's a shame we're back down to one show in the slot; at least when we had two shows there was a chance one would be a bit "different" still.

Worth noting that the new Yuasa film is noitamina branded, though.

duckroll

Fune wo Amu - Episode 3

This show is a motherfucking winner. Why did I waste all that time watching Flip Flappers instead... This is the most noitaminA show on noitaminA since fucking forever. I get the chills watching how people act like people, and there's so much attention to detail put into the nuance of basic character movement and what a person's posture says about their deposition or personality. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Also... <3 Maaya <3 Maaya <3 Maaya <3 Maaya <3 Maaya <3 Maaya <3 Maaya <3 Maaya <3 Maaya <3 Maaya <3 Maaya <3 Maaya <3 Maaya <3 Maaya <3 Maaya <3 Maaya <3 Maaya <3 Maaya <3 Maaya <3

OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!

Headcanon time: Mimikyu is the manifestation of all resentment towards Pikachu for hogging the spotlight and crushing other people's dreams

Headcanon? That's what Mimikyu is!

Saekano S2 PV

https://my.mixtape.moe/tmkqkc.webm

They know their audience

It takes a considerable amount of willpower for me not to fall for this obviously trash shows hooks

Flip Flap Flip Flap 11

I dunno, man.

I find it hard to give a shit about any of the characters in this show so dedicating all of the last handful of episodes to that is...misguided at best?

Mimi is God or something because Pure Illusion comes from her? What exactly did Yayaka's faction want??? What is the purpose of that stupid-ass robot?

In better news tomorrows JoJo episode looks amaziiiiiiiiiing

jgminto

Flip Flappers 11
A Pure Illusion of story, character and drama. Pure Garbage would be a more accurate title for this episode, all of this nonsense with Mimi, Salt and the Instituse is a completely unearned attempt to create a dramatic and emotional climax and they failed to reach anything outside of tedious, hokey and insulting. The is one of the worst conclusions of a show I've enjoyed so far, it's on the same level as the second season of a Sunrise mecha anime.

Flip Flappers - 11

STOP &#128079; SHOVING &#128079; 24 &#128079;EPISODE &#128079;STORYLINES &#128079;INTO &#128079;12 &#128079;EPISODE &#128079;SHOWS &#128079;.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Flip Flappers Episode 11:

Now we know the rest of the backstory and yet I am still hard pressed to care about a character like Salt because he still doesn't feel like one even with added backstory.

So apparently Chaos;Child is only getting 12 episodes, which is a massive disappointment considering the game length is supposed to be longer than Steins;Gate. Even Robotics;Notes was two cours.

Pretty sad that both Chaos games seem to be getting shafted in terms of adaptations.

So apparently Chaos;Child is only getting 12 episodes, which is a massive disappointment considering the game length is supposed to be longer than Steins;Gate. Even Robotics;Notes was two cours.

Pretty sad that both Chaos games seem to be getting shafted in terms of adaptations.

I heard the first episode is double length though, If that can make you feel any better. Also where did you see it was only 12?

Fune wo Amu - Episode 3

This show is a motherfucking winner. Why did I waste all that time watching Flip Flappers instead... This is the most noitaminA show on noitaminA since fucking forever. I get the chills watching how people act like people, and there's so much attention to detail put into the nuance of basic character movement and what a person's posture says about their deposition or personality. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Also... <3 Maaya <3 Maaya <3 Maaya <3 Maaya <3 Maaya <3 Maaya <3 Maaya <3 Maaya <3 Maaya <3 Maaya <3 Maaya <3 Maaya <3 Maaya <3 Maaya <3 Maaya <3 Maaya <3 Maaya <3 Maaya <3 Maaya <3

OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!

I'll just warn you that episode 4 is solo key animated by a single person who didn't do a very good job, but otherwise the show keeps up a pretty good level of thoughtful character animation throughout. The Great Passage is definitely the clear winner of this TV anime season.

That shit wouldn't have been any better with more episodes.

For some reason people like to imagine that shows such as this or Galilei Donna would have been much better if only they had been twice as long.

lonely

I came home from university today and found my Blurays of Mai Mai Miracale, Tatami Galaxy and the UK Ultimate Edition of Fullmetal Alchemist had arrived. I'm looking forward to watching them over Christmas, but I just popped Tatami in and it looks great in HD, much better than the DVD release we got years ago.

phaze

r47eNsB.png

this fucking guy

I find it hilarious Reina said it was Kumiko who told her and the latter didn't even protest.

To be Hero 11

The bravest man with a giant rack and alien coming out his butt that I've ever seen. ;_; 7
image.php

You've seen a lot I'm sure.
Glorious.
Sooooo, I don't need to watch S1 then ?

Saekano S2 PV

https://my.mixtape.moe/tmkqkc.webm

They know their audience

Need to finish S1 one of these days ...

Jex

- Ugly adaptation of dodgy romance manga
- Ugly season 2 of bad light novel adaptation
- More Kabaneri ugh

Welp, not much for me.

And noitaminA is back to being 100% trash.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Flip Flappers - 11

STOP &#128079; SHOVING &#128079; 24 &#128079;EPISODE &#128079;STORYLINES &#128079;INTO &#128079;12 &#128079;EPISODE &#128079;SHOWS &#128079;.

I'm clearly 'not down wid da kids', but why are you applauding them with your criticism?

Yuri Kuma Arashi could've used double the episodes tho

It definitely would have made the first 3 episodes a lot better.

I think Episodes 4-12 work pretty well as they are, but a 24 episode run of the show probably would have been more evenly paced (and might have been able to give a little more development to some of those other characters in the second half of the show).

And I wouldn't turn down another 12 episodes of Lulu being clever.

It definitely would have made the first 3 episodes a lot better.

I think Episodes 4-12 work pretty well as they are, but a 24 episode run of the show probably would have been more evenly paced (and might have been able to give a little more development to some of those other characters in the second half of the show).

And I wouldn't turn down another 12 episodes of Lulu being clever.
I certainly could have used more Yurizono and her plotting.

Sterok

Flip Flappers 11

Why should I care about Salt? Papika aged regularly, then de-aged? Is that new kid going to serve any purpose? Are the twins worth anything at this point? Did Mimi just kill everyone from the evil organization? Does Papika want to bone her best friend's daughter? Plenty of questions, and I don't think I particularly care about any of the answers. At this point I just want Mimi to blow up the world followed by Cocona bedding Papika and Yayaka at the same time.

Looks like CR will stream the movie version of Chain Chronicles starting tomorrow.

I'm pretty excited for this, it looks really cool.

Crunchyroll Adds "Chain Chronicle - The Light of Haecceitas &#8211;" Anime
The movie version of Chain Chronicle - The Light of Haecceitas &#8211;, which contains episodes 1-4, begins streaming tomorrow 12/16 at 11am PST with episode one (2-4 will be added shortly thereafter). The accompanying Chain Chronicle - The Light of Haecceitas &#8211; TV series, set for an early 2017 release, will also be available on Crunchyroll with start dates to be announced later.

Movie 1 of Chain Chronicle will premiere this Friday at 2:00 PM ET for Crunchyroll premium users. In January 2017, the simulcast will be released episodically on Crunchyroll as a normal simulcast. Movie 2 will come out in January and Movie 3 will come out in February
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-ne...chain-chronicle-the-light-of-haecceitas-anime
d3d700160a2cc32ffed5947a35f240701481820794_full.jpg

Another great news!

It also looks like Funimation will Simuldub Chains Chronicle

http://www.funimation.com/blog/2016/12/15/sneak-peek-at-funimations-winter-2017-simuldub-lineup/

We’re beginning the Winter 2017 SimulDub/Simulcast announcements early with Crunchyroll this season! To start it off, we’re announcing Chain Chronicle – The Light of Haecceitas-.

Movie 1 of Chain Chronicle will premiere this Friday at 2:00 PM ET for Crunchyroll premium users. In January 2017, the simulcast will be released episodically on Crunchyroll as a normal simulcast. Movie 2 will come out in January and Movie 3 will come out in February.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom