• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2016 |OT| The seasons change, but we're still Falling for Euri

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shun Shun looks so good here.
Cz7IPopUsAAqfLw.jpg:large

Sengoku Basara S2 10

A lot better than Shin Itagaki's earlier episode. The action was well animated this time, and the direction of the Satsuma battle in particular was quite strong. The partial resolution of Yukimura's internal conflict was convincingly displayed. Both in this episode and in Itagaki's S1 13, there's a greater ambition in the digital photography than the show's usual standards. Quite a bit of multiple layers and dynamic camera motion. In the latter I can see some similarities to what Itagaki tried to accomplished in Berserk, though with much less success in the more recent work.

Cornbread78

Izetta /END
Nice cozy ending of this decent anime. I was amazed that the 1 million death flags for
Izetta
never came to fruition. That battle with Sophie and Izetta was pretty damn cool though.

jman2050

Seeing Chitose's reaction after the "surprise" and how she clumsily attempted to hide how she was really feeling at the time really got me, and then there was that scene with Gojo's superior suddenly acting serious as hell (even though it was later defused and explained as literal acting)...

I really liked that scene, you could just as easily explain it as his jokey, jovial manner being him acting if you wanted.

I just hope BLack Clover gets to be a long running anime or at least 48+ episodes like Twin Star Exorcists, Naruto SD, etc. No more of these 12 episode jump adaptations please.

Will be glad to pick up these BDs from Viz I hope.

blurr

Hi I want to watch Ojamaja Doremi but I need to finish 7 shows I started and all my time is going away for airing shows T__T

Dragon Ball Super 71

Hit isn't content with one bullshit OP ability. On top of The World, he needs to be completely unhittable!

Not buying Goku actually died since he has no halo in the next ep preview

It's not like Black Clover is anything more than painfully mediocre though regardless

Yeah I mean, I like aspects of it, but the manga is barebones shonen, and recently was so uninterested in doing proper character development/world building between arcs that I just gave up on it.

I mean heck. When the main character
has his arms permanently broken and cursed, but gets that reversed less than five chapters later, it just feels rushed, lazy and uninterested in actually engaging me with anything other than flashy 'cool' moments.

JulianImp

i recently watched Ano Natsu de Matteru and i liked it enough, crunchyroll recommended kokoro connect, how is it? is there another romance like ano natsu worth checking out on crunchyroll?

Kokoro Connect is awesome... too bad we are unlikely to ever get the remaining LNs adapted (still, you can enjoy the anime adaptation just fine even without the later chapters). I'm a sucker for good character drama, and this show delivered in spades. Each story arc introduces an anomaly (such as body-swapping for the first one) that leads to the cast having to open up to and bond with each other, and the main cast goes through lots and lots of character development as a result. The series also avoids mood whiplashes rather well, and handles boy-girl relationships pretty well outside of the very first time two characters swap bodies.

By the way, you'll have to try and look some OVA episodes up elsewhere, since Crunchy doesn't carry those.

As generic and easily predictable BC is, it's great fun! likeable characters and great battles.

If studio Pierrot does things right, backed by an awesome OST, Black clover is perfect for an anime.

Sadly the only thing that seems to be an obvious lost is the awesome art-style from the manga.

jbug617

Banned
Kokoro Connect is awesome... too bad we are unlikely to ever get the remaining LNs adapted (still, you can enjoy the anime adaptation just fine even without the later chapters). I'm a sucker for good character drama, and this show delivered in spades. Each story arc introduces an anomaly (such as body-swapping for the first one) that leads to the cast having to open up to and bond with each other, and the main cast goes through lots and lots of character development as a result. The series also avoids mood whiplashes rather well, and handles boy-girl relationships pretty well outside of the very first time two characters swap bodies.

By the way, you'll have to try and look some OVA episodes up elsewhere, since Crunchy doesn't carry those.

Kokoro Connect brought us hope
when the best girl ends up winning.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
What kids? The only people watching one piece these days are weebs in their mid 20s.

Mailbox

We should all get drunk one time and watch whatever the equivalent of 'The Room' in Anime is. What was it called? Garzeys Wing?

I've already watched all of Garzey's wing already, so no thank you.

Though i would love to just have a gaf meet-up to watch a 12 episode horrible bottom of the barrel anime. (and i don't mean "gaf- horrible', but actually horrible)

like green green or dog&scissors.

Dragon Ball Super 71
download_1.png

Dragon Ball Super everybody.

Oh, and Goku seemingly died.

download.png

Though he'll probably just be brought back via Whis.

Also people over in the Super thread are sassing Tate's animating style, and I won't have it. I won't have it.

I mean, I'll permit it, but begrudgingly.

Gintama 304

Wow this episode was great. Kondo, Hijikata, Gin, and everyone going ham on the Yato was amazing.

Also finally we get to see the fated match between Shinsuke and Gin.

Quasar

Poco 11 - So its going to end with the secret finally revealed? I do hope at least some find out rather than returning to the status quo.

FFXV

Ending crushed me completely. Taby made me care so much for these characters that seeing the story's end left me with this huge sadness. Last time this happened was with Persona 4. I feel sad, yet I also feel great about this game. For all its shortcomings, it easily is my GOTY/AOTY and everything in the middle. This ranks pretty damn high on my FF favourites list. Noctis, Prompto, Ignis and Gladiolus are by far the closest I've gotten to any FF characters.

Narag

Mob Psycho 100 8

Brotherly dynamic finally righted itself this ep. Until now, the younger brother always acted in the capacity of the older what with how Ritsu acted compasionately toward Mob and how Mob looked up to him. This was a function of Mob living in Ritsu's world and his inability to do so easily. Once Ritsu finally entered Mob's, the older brother archetype naturally sprang forth from Mob as he rushed to protect his little brother. He showed little compunction about consciously using his power against another human being despite seven episodes of him acting as if it were law.

The show continues to be so excellent in how it builds upon itself, even with the action. The fight involving Mob was wonderfully tense, not because of the perceived danger he was in, but because of the increasing counter. He was set to explode and the tension centered around how the explosion would manifest itself. I found myself caught off guard for a brief second when he was rendered unconcious as well as I thought he had lost. The impression left by the Teru fight was so strong though that I quickly realized that the current sense of threat I felt wasn't centered on his opponent facing the other students but the unconscious Mob lashing out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom