• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2016 |OT| The seasons change, but we're still Falling for Euri

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taruranto

The Great Passage #9

31210Ah.jpg

6bVOhph.jpg

It will be funny when this end up selling nothing
like the anime.
Also zzzzz. I'm not even sure I understood the cliffhanger.

How do you fucks even keep track of all these Fates and Sabers?

Saber is shit anyway, the only thing that saves from being the worst character in the novel is that Shirou, Rin and Sakura exist.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I was actually surprised that after FSN:UBW they didn't do a Tsukihime adaptation.

FSN sold a shitload so I figured they'd be more gung-ho to milk the whole universe.

The StuCo President becoming a totally unhinged sexual deviant totally came out of left field.

Then again considering the rest of the series I'm dumb for being surprised.

Its because the MC girl is actually super reserved and scared of dicks.

The 'ol classic pure girl whos actually a deviant vs deviant girl whos actually pure

The Ancient Magus' Bride: Those Awaiting a Star 1

I really like the depiction of the fantasy elements of this world. The little creatures constantly fluttering about the edges of the screen, and the mundane oddities such as the mechanical delivery bird that are taken for granted. I really like the animation of many of the fantasy creatures as well, which treats them as liquid effects as they slosh across the image. I should get around to reading the volume of the manga I bought; this is the kind of fantasy setting that really appeals to me.

I wasn't expecting the second half to get as dark as it did, using the Mushishi/Natsume-esque concept of a child who sees supernatural beings no one else can and so creeps everyone else out. The creatures here seem excessively malevolent towards Chise. The atmosphere, both here and the warmer atmosphere in Elias' house and the library at the very end, was conveyed quite well, primarily due to some really strong music. The quality of the soundtrack is probably my biggest surprise. The photography could be better, but all in all a satisfying beginning to this miniseries.

The Great Passage #9

It will be funny when this end up selling nothing
like the anime.
Also zzzzz. I'm not even sure I understood the cliffhanger.

It's pretty straightforward. They're looking over the final proofs for the dictionary and realizing that one of the words which was intended to be included was omitted from the proof text.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
*3 pages discussing a saber figure*
Please. The WZSabre is a beautiful work of gunpla craftsmanship bringing together two beloved figures, and utterly unique.

Yeah Ancient Magus' Bride is very fairy tale-y and Druidic in its depiction of magic. Its not fantastical or extremely powerful, its the kind of magic you think of when you think of generic European magic, but its not the generic you get like how in Dragon's Dogma you fight old-ass D&D monsters but nobody makes games where you fight Evil Eyes

T-Rex.

Banned
Speaking of Fate, I read a bit of the Kaleid manga and man next year is going to be a great year to be GAR. Well, assuming the movie's going to be released next year.

Cornbread78

3-gatsu ep.10
Exellent episode. Kyouko managed to fuck with Rei once again and cause mental anguish because of his talent. The release at the end was heartfelt and just so well done...

Sengoku Basara S2 11

Good ol' Keiji, idealistic to the very end. Whereas the climax of season 1 was Oda vs. The World, this climax is considerably more complicated with a lot of moving parts (Toyotomi, Date, Yukimura, Mori, etc.), even necessitating a rather awkward if justified exposition dump by Sasuke getting Yukimura up to speed on what's going on. Out of all the things set up for the finale, what I'm most curious about is how Mori's fortress is going to be stopped.

Sengoku Basara S2 12

The problem with a complicated climax, of course, is that you have so many simultaneous conflicts going on that things become rather scattered, darting from one to the next. The lack of focus impaired the sense of building excitement that should have been happening. Also, I was hoping the story would deal with the conflict between Toyotomi declaring he had no use for the weak and his right-hand man Hanbei being sickly, but those two dots were never really connected. Too bad.

Still, I enjoyed quite a bit of this episode, particularly how Mori's fortress was defeated because Yukimura's spirit burned so bright he literally shattered all the fortress' mirrors. That's the Sengoku Basara cheese I enjoy. Some bits of really great animation as well, though I could have done with more. I had to laugh when the ED song kicked in while Takeda and Yukimura were going back to their old punching routine. Withholding that for most of the season makes their reunion all the more satisfying.

I assume the two new characters who showed up super-briefly under Toyotomi's command here will get further screentime in the movie.

If we're talking about the worst mecha shows, for me it has to be the Gundam 00 Movie.

When the best thing about your Gundam movie is its characters acting out the events of the TV series in a mini-movie within the movie, you know something's wrong.

I don't think I have any mecha show I regret watching....hummmmm yea no. They all had things I enjoyed.

The number of show I actually regret wasting time on can be counted on one hand actually.

Sky wizard Academy
gangsta
Absolute duo
Big Order

Gundam IBO has this problem where it feels like, not all, but a lot of episodes end just as they're about to get awesome.

Case in point, this week's episode...

...ends right after showing us this.

Come on show, quit kissing just the tip...

Gotta leave em wanting more.
Though, after last time seeming like a tease, this episode just gave us a double tease. That's getting a bit silly.

It probably is just a massive continuity error.

Maybe, I also got the impression that's how it worked though. One regular body, one magical girl body. It could just be a continuity error though. I wouldn't call it massive however, it was just one shot.

Does 0083 count or we just doing tv?

Still disagree, especially after rewatching, that 0083 is anything close to bad mecha.

Mine would probably be Genesis of Aquarion, at least I think that was it. Drab, boring, uninteresting, etc. No, wait, M3 The Dark Metal. That was worse.

Aldnoah.Zero incorporates everything wrong with the mecha genre.

Everything about Aldnoah.Zero is wrong.

Or this. I like S1 but S2 just destroyed anything and everything I liked about S1.

Edit: Wait, maybe Reco in G.... too many contenders....

Captain Earth is the worst mech show I've seen. Most others I can think of had SOME aspect I liked, hell even the worst gundam show G-Reco is better than Captain Earth.

E7: AO might be close.

Narag

Mob Psycho 100 11

The greatest cult of all was the cult of personality.

Glad I didn't watch this as it aired too because the end of this previous ep and this one would have outright tilled me.

Taruranto

The worst thing about C. Earth for me was the love story, to be honest.

I don't even have an adjective for it. It was there. It was like watching air.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom