• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2016 |OT| The seasons change, but we're still Falling for Euri

Status
Not open for further replies.

jman2050

www Working 13!

Long-hair Miyakoshi is an upgrade for sure.

Great show, great ending, all the guys ended up being cool dudes in the end. Now when's season 2?
lol :(

Dragon Ball Super 72

The reason Goku didn't die is really dumb, but its balanced out by the reason Hit came after him being really good

Fuck Hit tho. He isn't satisfied with having one JoJo final boss stand, he has THREE

Branduil

Amagami 1-4
01.jpg
02.jpg

03.jpg
04.jpg
The fuck

Occultic;Nine - End

All said a pretty good ending, but still left a lot to be desired.

Some things never got fully answered or explained (the vanguard kid, the emperor, Ririka, etc.). I don't mind an open ending, but some more explanations would've been nice. In the end, some characters still never felt fully developed, and didn't get as much time in the sun as they should've. Frankly, in some ways the ending felt like a tease for the VN (want all the answers? want the real good ending? Play the game!).

I'd say it probably needed another episode to fully explore all the stuff in the last episode.

I maintain that this reads better as a LN and probably a VN. The LN does a much better job of developing the characters, giving them all time to do stuff, foreshadowing, and explaining things as it goes, but then again it also doesn't have the pacing issues of the anime.

All that said, I did find Occultic;Nine an enjoyable ride. There was intrigue and some good foreshadowing throughout. It all just needed more space to breathe. I wouldn't readily recommend the anime, but I would say keep an eye on the VN and check out the LN.

Monster Hunter Stories Ride On Episode 13 – A Lioleia Is Born!
Wow Lute and Laeus got amazing with that random power up when he needed most, truly the best reward for that strong dedication and teamwork over protecting his friends. Best moment.

Hope Cheval doesnt really give into revenge even while facing the dreaded blight stone.

Cornbread78

Kizu 1
msIduUH.gif

That was definitely something.. The visuals were great, the story was great and now I want more and like soon! Cat girl was pretty good though...

Merry AoT 2 trailer everyone!

As resident nr1 AoT defender (surely the most honorable title) I hope the season will deliver. While I've read the manga further than S1 ending I eventually stopped because I deemed the anime adaptation superior despite some drawbacks like the pressing. I'm moderately hopeful even though a bunch of folks here keep lamenting the manga's content. After all pretty much everyone here initially praised (or at least favored) Kabaneri when that was rancid nonsense from the get go and thus can't be taken seriously!

jonjonaug

Occultic;Nine - End

*words*

P much all this, yeah. I enjoyed it, but I can't say it was anything more than just "pretty good".

I think my favorite part of the last episode was the one guy at the evil headquarters who was just completely lost at everything going on despite being part of the organization planning it in the first place.

CorvoSol

Melody of Oblivion 23

It doesn't make any more sense in context.

One minute this show just invents a space ship outta nowhere, the next girls are being milked.

jgminto

Gundam Tekketsu 38
What a depressing episode, the scenes with Mika were rough to watch and the pressure continues to build and build on Orga's shoulders from Gjallarhorn, Teiwaz and Mika. I can't imagine either of them will be happy if they do become the Kings of Mars.

duckroll

Iron Blood Orphans - Episode 38

This is the best episode of the series so far for me, and it encapsulates everything good about the series dialed up to the max. A dark and bleak space mafia tale about child soldiers who pilot mechs like a character action game by Platinum rather than a team shooter. The were some ups and downs in the earlier part of the new season, but at this mid-way point, I can easily say the second season has surpassed the first one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom