• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2016 |OT| The seasons change, but we're still Falling for Euri

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sterok

Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans S2 13

Amazing battle. Mika showing everyone how it's done. But not without a big cost. I'm not sure what's more depressing, how crippled Mika is becoming or how he doesn't care that much. Atra is growing bolder. Julietta wants to get much better now that she's seen true power, and Macky has some new ambitions. Thankfully Iok is still around to provide some comic relief.

Narag has gone too far

iBhEsAO.jpg

blurr

Garo: The Animation
Haikyu!!
Mushi-Shi -Next Passage-
Ping Pong
Shironako
Space Dandy
The Tale of Princess Kaguya
Crayon Shin-chan Movie 22: Serious Battle! Robot Dad Strikes Back!
The Wind Rises
20 Minutes Walk from Nishi-Ogikubo Station

Shashinkan
Concrete Revolutio
Death Parade (?)
Fafner in the Azure: Exodus (Not that you can watch this without watching the original series 1st, but it's all worth it in the end)
When Marnie Was There
Yamato 2199: Odyssey of the Celestial Ark
The Diary of Ochibi
Kagewani
Miss Hokusai

Thunerbolt Fantasy
Mob Psycho 100
Shōwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjū
The Great Passage
Girlish Number
Space Patrol Luluco
Kiznaiver

Kizumonogatari: Part 1
Kizumonogatari: Part 2
A Silent Voice
Your Name
Girls und Panzer Film
Garo: Divine Flame

wow, nice to see I've covered most of 2016's good stuff (way better than the years before heh and if this list is anything to go by)

2015: I've only seen Death Parade which I did not like at least narrative-wise

2014: seen 3 out of 10 of them, Kaguya is one of the best things I've watched.

convo

IBO 38

Dat fight was just

Atra with the master plan! Even if Mika dies before the end of the series she'll have something to remember him by.
Mika predictably doesn't care about being crippled.Getting all Zone of enders 2 on us.

blurr

Iron Blooded Orphans S2 13

Naze's seed of doubt is strong in Olga but that's a good thing, it did feel like a hasty decision.

Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans S2 13
download.png

I don't wanna be a pirate!

Anywho, save for one very silly line, this was a good episode. That final scene was dark...

Taruranto

Yeah, I've been calling this whole threesome subplot super vomit inducing for months now, it feels good to have my opinion validated now.

blurr

Kuromukuro 07-08

Yukina you poor and silly little girl. It's interesting that they don't shy away when it comes to Yukina's incompetence physically or mentally. This reminds me of Gunbuster's protagonist in many ways, Gunbuster had no obligation to retain her aside from her legacy(which isn't much of an obligation) but Yukina does have an obligation given the fact that the artifact does not activate without her and yet we have people insisting on ignoring the lack of her will to simply use her as a tool hah. Wouldn't Noriko from Gunbuster envy her at one point.

There's something about her father her mother is not talking about, there's something about this Alien race that we don't know about, I'm not keen on finding out but I just want to savor whatever I am shown in every episode. There's so much happening and it almost always does a compelling job at relaying that.

The one thing I don't understand is if her uncle knew Yukina came back and went to the valley with Kennousuke (even if it wasn't with him) why didn't he frigging inform her mother. That scene had me puzzled, I actually checked if I was watching the right episode (8th).

I honestly think Atra is more infatuated with Mika than anything. Deep inside however, she knows she doesn't stand a chance. Kudelia however seems to really have a thing for him.

Kuromukuro 07-08

The one thing I don't understand is if her uncle knew Yukina came back and went to the valley with Kennousuke (even if it wasn't with him) why didn't he frigging inform her mother. That scene had me puzzled, I actually checked if I was watching the right episode (8th).

Yukina's uncle has a very lackadaisical personality and was earlier shown to not treat Yukina's disappearance as a big deal. So it seems in character for him to not inform his sister about Yukina showing up.

My Christmas Haul was Yokai Watch 1 & 2, so hyped for another level5 franchise, hope its as fun as LBX.

finally finished Assassination Classroom anime, so good.

i guess the manga ended the same way?

damn im gonna miss the show :(

Yes.

Now you can watch
Koro-sensei Quest! (started this season)
Assassination Classroom live action movie
And then watch the epilogue movie.

blurr

Yukina's uncle has a very lackadaisical personality and was earlier shown to not treat Yukina's disappearance as a big deal. So it seems in character for him to not inform his sister about Yukina showing up.

Yea, that's what I assumed but I still feel he should've informed her knowing she was worried sick.

I forgot to watch 3gatsu and it's already too late in the night!!!

There's still Eupho to go, totally forgot about that finale. Not sure if they can make me change my opinion and disappointment with the last piece, but I'll give the show the benefit of the doubt. My AOTS standings will only come on Wednesday.

Girlish Number - 12

This show ended up being surprisingly good. Do not sleep on it. If you haven't watched it yet, you totally should.

ngower

Maybe y'all can help me out here. I'm perusing through Netflix/Prime trying to find something that's story-based (as opposed to action) and slice-of-lifey, but not like...high school dramas or whatever. I really dug Non Non Byori and while I'm not looking for a 1:1 of that, something similar in tone to that or some of the less fantastical Ghibli flicks (Only Yesterday, Whisper of the Heart, etc). Anyone able to point me in the right direction?

Verelios

Pokemon Sun and Moon Episode 1

Other than Ash being a bit more childish than I'd like, it was a great revamp. Characters look fluid in motion, writing was honestly better than X&Y's first episode and battles were a lot more dynamic and less shiny, if that makes sense. One thing kind of gave me pause while watching-- did anyone notice how touchy Mr.Mime was with his mom? Like...something going on or nah?

My top 7 of 2016 so far*:
  1. Mob Psycho 100[Finished]
  2. Osomatsu-san[Finished]
  3. Love Live! Sunshine!![Finished]
  4. Yuri! On Ice!
  5. Re: Zero[Finished]
  6. JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 4[Finished]
  7. Flip Flappers
Runners Up:
  • Izetta: The Last Witch
  • Konosuba!
  • New Game!
  • Sound! Euphonium 2

*Subject to change after shows are finished.

Gi(a)rlish Number 12 END

C0i2mQjUoAA2qHG.jpg

At the end of the OP the REC. light turns off instead of on like usual. Nice touch.

Heh, think the having the finale episode be a recap and how only a big series could get away with that with the chance of becoming legendary was a nod to Shirobako.

Enjoyable show

----------------------

Anyone want to explain why the Transformers Movie and the Animatrix are on MAL but Thunderbolt Fantasy isn't

convo

Yeah same , that scene was completely random and came out of nowhere in the last episode.

Ah she had this plan since season one. But since we are reaching a breaking point everyone in the show is accelerating their plans. Mika is gonna die sooner than later.

Cornbread78

Maybe y'all can help me out here. I'm perusing through Netflix/Prime trying to find something that's story-based (as opposed to action) and slice-of-lifey, but not like...high school dramas or whatever. I really dug Non Non Byori and while I'm not looking for a 1:1 of that, something similar in tone to that or some of the less fantastical Ghibli flicks (Only Yesterday, Whisper of the Heart, etc). Anyone able to point me in the right direction?

Is Barakamon or Usagi Drop on those services?

Narag

Anyone want to explain why the Transformers Movie and the Animatrix are on MAL but Thunderbolt Fantasy isn't

Both were made for the JP market as well, I think. It's why the Punisher/Black Widow anime isn't on there since it never had a JP release.

ok they added that finally

Magic Kyun Renaissance! Episode 13 [END]
C0ipIXzW8AEATVf.jpg:small

Bleagh. Well that was a lovely final episode. Enjoyed everyone saying their lines to wake Aigasaki up.

Enjoyable singing, Teika's VA is best when singing in english.

Please Kiss My Heart For Me is such a good song.

Gundam IBO - 38

EASILY the best episode this series has ever delivered. Goddamn. It had me on the edge of my seat. Also after this week's ending, I think it's pretty clear what kind of fate awaits Mika.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom