• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2016 |OT| The seasons change, but we're still Falling for Euri

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jex

Flip Flapping - Episode 8

There was action. There were explosions. There were robots. But I fell asleep twice watching this. This series is the most unengaging sakuga action series I've seen. I don't even understand what is going on anymore, nor do I care.
It's a bad show, is what it is.

Narag

From November 21 to December 25, the official website for Tokyo Anime Award Festival accepted online votes to choose the best 100 anime of 2016 from 550 titles that were aired/screened between October 18, 2015 and October 15, 2016. The total number of votes was 480,004. The results were revealed as below yesterday. Anime industry experts will choose the "Best Title" and "Individual" awards from the 100 candidates, and the fans will be also able to vote for the "Anime Fan" award from the candidates from January 16, 2017.
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-ne...ward-festival-announced-top-100-anime-of-2016

Top 10 film of 2016

1. "Detective Conan The Darkest Nightmare" - 41,601 votes
2. "High Speed! Free! Starting Days" - 18,056
3. "Yu-Gi-Oh! The Dark Side of Dimensions" - 14,210
4. "Yowamushi Pedal Spare Bike" - 10,970
5. "KING OF PRISM by PrettyRhythm" - 5,835
6. "Kuroko's Basketball: Winter Cup Compilation ~Shadow and Light~" - 3,329
7. "Girls und Panzer der Film" - 1,576
8. "Wake Up,Girls! Beyond the Bottom" - 1,052
9. "Koe no Katachi"- 844
10. "GARO DIVINE FLAME" - 793

Top 90 TV anime series of 2016

1. "Yuri!!! On ICE" - 64,774 votes
2. "Joker Game" - 50,610
3. "Cute High Earth Defense Club LOVE! LOVE!" - 24,711
4. "Mob Psycho 100" - 19,088
5. "Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans" - 17,238
6. "DREAM FESTIVAL!" 15,931
7. "Gintama" - 15,648
8. "K RETURN OF KINGS" - 11,108
9. "Fafner in the Azure: Dead Aggressor EXODUS" - 8,983
10. "World Trigger" - 8,337

Ascheroth

Little Witch Academia - The Enchanted Parade

Stil looking really, really good and the new characters were a fun bunch.
Wasn't that much of a fun of the drama though.

Anyway, now I'm all ready for the TV anime.

Gundam IBO Mobile Armor Arc

Yeah, that was definitely worth sitting through the dumb earth war arc.
Fantastic action, fantastic sense of 'power' from the mobile armor and boy was it hard to watch Mika battle.
By the time the show ends he'll be a vegetable without Barbatos, won't he.
This was easily the best this show has ever been and I hope it keeps this up.

Quasar

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-ne...ward-festival-announced-top-100-anime-of-2016

Top 10 film of 2016

9. "Koe no Katachi"- 844

2. "Joker Game" - 50,610
7. "Gintama" - 15,648

Clearly not enough people watched Your Name.

And once again its made clear that I'm not anything like a japanese anime con goer.

Rainy

Banned
WWW. Working!! 9

Can't believe they actually got together, you go Adachi.

I just got spoiled for the end game ships and I'm a pretty disappointed
that Daisuke ends up with Hana...

Though I suppose you could see that from a mile away so I don't know why I thought differently.

Jex

It's looks like aggregate websites and popularity polling has again failed to accurately select the best anime of 2016. Hopefully the NeoGAF Shadow Council can demonstrate that leaving these hard choices to the elites of society is truly in everyone's best interest.

Narag

Too bad, it's Cornbread counting the voices and he's the paragon of light, of vox populi and all your deleterious tricks will come to nothing. Brexit, Trump and now Kabaneri. Book it.

Didn't even air in 2016 afaik. Oo

If he were mysteriously banned for some reason, it'd fall to the rest of us to pick up the slack. Also the voting was for Oct 2015 - Oct 2016.

DiGiKerot

Too bad, it's Cornbread counting the voices and he's the paragon of light, of vox populi and all your deleterious tricks will come to nothing. Brexit, Trump and now Kabaneri. Book it.

Didn't even air in 2016 afaik. Oo

The poll used an October to October window, rather than the calendar year. That's why Girls und Panzer was also eligible as a movie.

Taruranto

I'm no expert, but Ufotable appears to be doing pretty well:

GW7qhCm.gif

All that animation wasted on Alisha...

I don't think I'm mentally capable of playing such dated looking game. :(

Oh come on now. We are talking about one of the last PS1 games, not first generation NES lol.

phaze

I turned off Last Remnant within half an hour cause it looked awful among other things so ... anything beyond last stages of PS2 is pretty much a no go.

If he were mysteriously banned for some reason, it'd fall to the rest of us to pick up the slack. Also the voting was for Oct 2015 - Oct 2016.

lol

I forgot about re: Zero when thinking about popular but monocle panned show, smh.

Top 10 film of 2016

9. "Koe no Katachi"- 844

2. "Joker Game" - 50,610
7. "Gintama" - 15,648
Does not fucking compute.

Szadek

Top 10 film of 2016

9. "Koe no Katachi"- 844

2. "Joker Game" - 50,610

7. "Gintama" - 15,648
What in the world is this list?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Rumour has it that the Shadow Council is going to fix the results so Pan de Peace wins - partly because they just want to see the meltdowns and partly because they all love it.

Taruranto

All these people hating on Binan, I bet you haven't even watched it!

Also holy moly that vote difference between first and second movie.

Well, it happened
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-12-28/welcome-to-the-ballroom-manga-get-anime/.110413

The February 2017 issue of Kodansha's Monthly Shonen Magazine is announcing on January 6 that an anime adaptation of Tomo Takeuchi's Welcome to the Ballroom (Ballroom e Yōkoso - Sweep Over the Dance Hall) manga has been green-lit.

This is one of the bests comics I've read in this year. It's actually a pretty typical 'shonen sports' series, but the author makes it work with great charm, style and a beautiful drawing style to die for.

That said, there is ZERO HOPE to have it translated to the anime correctly. This is one of those mangas where good part of the magic is the very detailed, expert b&w drawing (from ink, to pencil, to textures) which can't be translated to animation.

elyetis

Well, it happened
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-12-28/welcome-to-the-ballroom-manga-get-anime/.110413

This is one of the bests comics I've read in this year. It's actually a pretty typical 'shonen sports' series, but the author makes it work with great charm, style and a beautiful drawing style to die for.

That said, there is ZERO HOPE to have it translated to the anime correctly. This is one of those mangas where good part of the magic is the very detailed, expert b&w drawing (from ink, to pencil, to textures) which can't be translated to animation.
And the manga hiatus should stop early next year right ? Imported the first 2 volume a couple weeks ago, I wonder if the anime release mean it will be licenced in France, I hope so ( I don't mind importing, but the price with delivery make it pretty 'expensive' ).

Well, it happened

Synopsis:

Feckless high school student Tatara Fujita wants to be good at something - anything. Unfortunately, he's about as average as a slouchy teen can be. The local bullies know this, and make it a habit to hit him up for cash, but all that changes when the debonair Kaname Sengoku sends them packing. Sengoku's not the neighborhood watch, though. He's a professional ballroom dancer. And once Tatara Fujita gets pulled into the world of the ballroom, his life will never be the same.

And the manga hiatus should stop early next year right ? Imported the first 2 volume a couple weeks ago, I wonder if the anime release mean it will be licenced in France, I hope so ( I don't mind importing, but the price with delivery make it pretty 'expensive' ).

I think it will resume on January 7th.

Like Urasawa works? :p

Naoki Urasawa? Uhh not the same. Him is more having a slightly weird character style than it's ok in manga but in anime it can be weirder.
Here the problem is that the high quality of the drawing can't be transferred over to anime because animators don't have 4 hands and days with 36 hours on them.

Taruranto

Have you heard of "fujoshi power"?

Apparently Joker Game was a result of 2ch spamming the vote to knock down YoI tho', or so I'm reading.

I wonder if women tend to vote these kind of polls more compared to male otaku? Gundam and Tales of popularity polls always tend to be screwed toward the female demographics too.

The start is actually pretty much "Hajime no Ippo, the dancer version" in how it works. Though thanks go the MC is much better than the MC in HnI.

That reminds me I've yet to watch Hajime no Ippo, though I've come to understand it's primarily a show about horse schlongs and I'm not sure I care much for that.

Cornbread78

I can't believe the new season starts in exactly a week! Too many good shows....

Also, in regards to AOTY voting, the thread will be posted this Friday and run through 1/31 (same dates as last year)

I will also be accepting bribes for votes on my personal list since I just got Final Fantasy XIV
loved that $9.99 Amazon sale!
and will need airtime soon enough, lol. ;) No "Shadow Council" needed; I'm a transparent man, lol.

Apparently Joker Game was a result of 2ch spamming the vote to knock down YoI tho', or so I'm reading.

I wonder if women tend to vote these kind of polls more compared to male otaku? Gundam and Tales of popularity polls always tend to be screwed toward the female demographics too.

Who knows.... That is a terrible list regardless...

Cornbread78

All that animation wasted on Alisha...

Oh come on now. We are talking about one of the last PS1 games, not first generation NES lol.

How about Alisha x Rose:
Mno7xOF.gif

or the bros:
8K4XMOm.gif

Also, I'm really hoping SE announces some FF1-13 remasters at their 30 anniversary FF event coming up. Would be awesome to play through those older titles once again..

Cornbread78

Hey, offhand do you remember the guidelines given for gifs on this thread? I'm just.... asking.

hey, Hey, HEY!!!!

Don't get any ideas; there's no guidelines in the OP!

besides the gifs posted are all hosted in imgur, not tumblr, lol

Why do you hate me so much Ducky? : (

Thud

Gintama 115-118

Ryugujo arc.

You kids with your Mega Drives.

That reminds me I've yet to watch Hajime no Ippo, though I've come to understand it's primarily a show about horse schlongs and I'm not sure I care much for that.

Lol.

He doesn't punch them with his horse schlong.

Top 10 film of 2016

9. "Koe no Katachi"- 844

2. "Joker Game" - 50,610
7. "Gintama" - 15,648

90 fucking titles and they still can't even find enough people to vote for Digimon to get it on the list?

Well, at least GAF has a very low hurdle to climb over to be an improvement.

Top 10 film of 2016

9. "Koe no Katachi"- 844

2. "Joker Game" - 50,610
7. "Gintama" - 15,648

That DreamFes and World Trigger love. Nice.

And High Speed too. Best list so far.

How about Alisha x Rose:
http://i.imgur.com/Mno7xOF.gif[/mg]

or the bros:
[img]http://i.imgur.com/8K4XMOm.gif[/im

Also, I'm really hoping SE announces some FF1-13 remasters at their 30 anniversary FF event coming up. Would be awesome to play through those older titles once again..[/QUOTE]

I hope so I need to finally experience NoHope. Dont know if Id replay ff13. My 100 hr playtime and grinding .

Deadly

I can't believe the local theater near me is getting One Piece Movie Gold and the Girls Und Panzer movie of all things but no signs of Your Name at all :(

Cornbread78

If the shadow council chooses that snorefest rakugo as Anime of the year, I'll form another shadow council.

With Psycho Pass. And blackjack. And hookers

Hot Take:
I'm telling you the JoJo and MHA communities are going to crush the AOTY voting; There is just no way to avoid that train from crashing the party... Even Berzerk has a shot to be up there:

Look at these OTs:
Berserk:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1240683&highlight=berserk+2016

JoJo:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1202858&highlight=jojo

MHA:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1203630&highlight=my+hero

Many of these posters will not venture in here, but can all vote.... So yeah... Good luck getting your favorite shitty anime into the top three, lol.

Rakugo will not score high because very few to no casuals have heard of it, watched it, or will care to watch it since there is no action or focus on "shipping" in the show... (the shipping part is more for me, lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom