• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2016 |OT| The seasons change, but we're still Falling for Euri

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hot Take:
I'm telling you the JoJo and MHA communities are going to crush the AOTY voting; There is just no way to avoid that train from crashing the party... Even Berzerk has a shot to be up there:

Look at these OTs:
Berzerk:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1240683&highlight=berserk+2016

JoJo:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1202858&highlight=jojo

MHA:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1203630&highlight=my+hero

Many of these posters will not venture in here, but can all vote.... So yeah... Good luck getting your favorite shitty anime into the top three, lol.

Rakugo will not score high because very few to no casuals have heard of it, watched it, or will care to watch it since there is no action or focus on "shipping" in the show...

Number of years that JJBA have won: 0

2013, 2014, 2015

Cornbread78

Number of years that JJBA have won: 0

Will be fun to watch pan out, that's for sure.

Also:
zmSTryl.jpg

Anyone willing/able to review/scrub the AOTY thread for me to make sure I didn't fu(k anything up?

I'll forward you a link.

Well, isn't that convenient.

I think it's the best way to avoid discussion about it, if a series should count when it starts, or when it ends, what to do with long running series, etc.

Just keep it simple: if a series aired at least one episode in a year, then the series it's eligible for that year.

blurr

I think it's the best way to avoid discussion about it, if a series should count when it starts, or when it ends, what to do with long running series, etc.

Just keep it simple: if a series aired at least one episode in a year, then the series it's eligible for that year.

Yea, I suppose so.

Kuromukuro 09

Oh wow, this episode had a really cool action sequence, not on grounds of how it looked but how it played out. That was really smart of them to simply capture him and take him away, I was totally convinced that they would but in an exciting turn of events, they managed to soil their plan and just in time. The other two mechs fend off the henchmechs leading to a swift tactical victory.

That moment was so good it practically overshadowed most of the first half of the episode haha and there were noteworthy moments right before it. I came to notice how perceptive Yukina is when it comes to her role as her navigator, in the previous battles, it didn't go beyond covering Kennousuke's blind spots unless I'm forgetting something. It's weird how it feels compelling that Yukina is capable of the role she had been forced into. She seems to have recovered from her sense of guilt and her negative feelings towards her father somehow which is something I'd like to look into a bit more but later.

I also noticed Kennousuke STILL has his metal collar, it makes sense why they let him live freely now. It was bothering me earlier.

Cornbread78

Blue Exorcist ep. 23-END
FMTJD6j.jpg

OK, that final episode was dope as fu(k!

I realize they are going to reset the clock on the final 4 episodes that went completely rogue from the main storyline, but they were pretty fun to watch. I'm hyped to watch season 2 next week now and can't wait to see where they head with the story. One of those two has to land the blond girl (I'm guessing Rin takes the sensei route for cans woman!)

Either way, that was awesome to watch visually and the story made sense after the awful transitions earlier.

Ascheroth

Blue Exorcist ep. 23-END
OK, that final episode was dope as fu(k!

I realize they are going to reset the clock on the final 4 episodes that went completely rogue from the main storyline, but they were pretty fun to watch. I'm hyped to watch season 2 next week now and can't wait to see where they head with the story. One of those two has to land the blond girl (I'm guessing Rin takes the sensei route for cans woman!)

Either way, that was awesome to watch visually and the story made sense after the awful transitions earlier.

The last 8 episodes were anime original.

Thud

Hot Take:
I'm telling you the JoJo and MHA communities are going to crush the AOTY voting; There is just no way to avoid that train from crashing the party... Even Berzerk has a shot to be up there:

Look at these OTs:
Berzerk:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1240683&highlight=berserk+2016

JoJo:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1202858&highlight=jojo

MHA:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1203630&highlight=my+hero

Many of these posters will not venture in here, but can all vote.... So yeah... Good luck getting your favorite shitty anime into the top three, lol.

Rakugo will not score high because very few to no casuals have heard of it, watched it, or will care to watch it since there is no action or focus on "shipping" in the show... (the shipping part is more for me, lol)

It's Berserk. Berzerk is a game from 1980.

Also the only award Berserk wins is being the shittest anime of the year. The insult to life award.

Syrinx

Aikatsu! Stars 37

Aren't idols not allowed to fall in love? Feels weird to hear what's-his-name Kasumi talk about being in love with Koharu so openly (fwiw, next week's new years episode would have been the perfect setup for a "Koharu stays the night at the Kasumi household" episode had you not shipped her off to Italy, nice going show).

Chainsaw Lily cements her in stone as da bes.

I remember liking Blue Exorcist quite a lot, but it's been a while so I barely remember anything. I'm hoping that by jumping into this second season I remember some things. I really don't want to go back and rewatch the whole thing.

Line_HTX

Too bad it's Cornbread counting the voices and he's the paragon of light, of vox populi and all your deleterious tricks will thus come to nothing. Brexit, Trump and now Kabaneri. Book it.

That filthy beater was rigging the vote after all. Made it so it reflects his cheating tastes. Sad!

*Shame bells gif

But I'm not a virgin on an alter. Find another sacrifice!

Give up home field advantage and then we'll talk, you cheat.

6aRBX8Z.png

Cornbread78

That filthy beater was rigging the vote after all. Made it so it reflects his cheating tastes. Sad!
*Shame bells gif
Give up home field advantage and then we'll talk, you cheat.
6aRBX8Z.png

It's not my fault your team will be a one and done, 1 pump chump, yet again.

It's Berserk. Berzerk is a game from 1980.

Also the only award Berserk wins is being the shittest anime of the year. The insult to life award.

Damn grammer Nazi

Good Guy Satan did nothing wrong.

I almost want to agree with this one, lol. It was all the boys fault..... All of it!

John Blade

So many parody in this episode that I don't know where to start but the big one is Evangelion as they is quite of it in this episode. Also, don't let the MC Yao get fired from her job and no money as she is even more scary and dangerous in Miami to the point she change into an animal form.

blurr

I just reminded myself that this is the year New Game also aired and now I am happy again.

I am rewatching scenes on YouTube.

Syrinx

WWWWorking!!! 12

I enjoyed it. Not sure if I like it more than the original or not. Key difference is that in expediting the pace of the relationship development they limited interactions between individual characters to a smaller range of other characters than the original. Haven't decided if I like that better or not yet.

Re: Eupho S2 13

That was a great ending. I didn't have the heightened "WTF!!!!??!?" reactions to the episodes in the middle of this season that others did, but I did feel they weren't being super-great episodes. What a beginning and ending though.

What reservations I had about nabbing the BD releases for Eupho S2 are now at a bare minimum (They're not completely gone, come on >_>).

God, can people stop shipping Kumiko with Shu1 already? Also when can we get Rikka adapted into anime?

T-Rex.

Banned
Shiki 1-5

Looks like I won't have to moan about there being too many pointless characters to remember after all.

I feel like one entry so the vote doesn't get diluted.
Yeah I think that'd be a good decision. If it counts as 2 separate entries it'll take the top 2 spots for me.

MSMrRound

Sound! Euphonium episode 13 (Final)

the famous Grumpy-chan is actually crying!? Show, why do you do this to us?

It's not the KumikoXReina pairing that people wanted but...

oh wow lol. Thought they would have totally went for the Shuichi route...but this eh...bravo KyoAni.

Gonna have to sleep a bit on the ending episode. Was great though.

Natsuki and Yuuko's relationship, as it's often shown, are always a great source of amusement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom