• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2016 |OT| The seasons change, but we're still Falling for Euri

Status
Not open for further replies.
Puppetry is animation the way TF did it. The same as stop motion.

Actually, if I were to be completely honest, Thunderbolt Fantasy does not fall within any reasonable definition of animation. The reason is that it is not a stop motion production. Animation as a process, regardless of the type of animation, is defined by the frame-step nature of the production. There has to be frames of animation for it to be an animation. Thunderbolt Fantasy is a video recording, and falls under live action. It just isn't recording people.

Like I don't think that makes it fall under live action either. Its not even in a Who Framed Roger Rabbit way either, but I've always thought of puppetry as a form of animation.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Like I don't think that makes it fall under live action either. Its not even in a Who Framed Roger Rabbit way either, but I've always thought of puppetry as a form of animation.
Okay, well it is not animation and I do not know why you would think this. Lamb Chop's Play-Along or The Muppets are not animated shows and the process is not remotely similar to animation production. A camera is set on puppets and they film a puppeteer manipulating the action on screen.

Okay, well it is not animation and I do not know why you would think this. Lamb Chop's Play-Along or The Muppets are not animated shows and the process is not remotely similar to animation production. A camera is set on puppets and they film a puppeteer manipulating the action on screen.

It allows me to cheat and put Thunderbolt Fantasy on the list and give it a shout out.

Its not gonna win anyways

Number of current votes for Concrete Revolution:

Well Ill vote for it anyway even if Im the only one.
tumblr_o61fwg2Gpf1qbxqfpo2_400.jpg

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
It allows me to cheat and put Thunderbolt Fantasy on the list and give it a shout out.

There is nothing stopping anyone from giving it a write up after their ballot but it will inherently skew results if it is an eligible candidate regardless of whether or not it wins.

Exalted

I doubt it will even manage top 10. Hopefully people voting for it will give it some attention, and more people can enjoy this great series, since its rarely mentioned on lists of shows to watch elsewhere, due to its nature.

There is nothing stopping anyone from giving it a write up after their ballot but it will inherently skew results if it is an eligible candidate regardless of whether or not it wins.

Y'know you're right. Thinking about the actual textbook definition of animation, then it doesn't fit. It's just the way I've always thought of it, which isn't correct if I really think about it.

Too late now though.

Just posted my AOTY list. Phew that took a bit of work last night. I'm glad I got to watch Kizu II so that made it onto my list. Wish I had access to Your Name, but I guess that will have to wait until 2017.

Shergal

Puppetry is animation when it's stop motion. Puppet animation is actually huge (or was), but not every puppet production is necessarily an animated production.

e_i

I mean, give us some other girl x doing something anime as well? Maybe they should make an anime about that 4koma girls band manga that I forgot the name to.

Isn't the main character like the only significant male character.

Well, it's a series with fewer characters in comparison with Haikyuu, it makes sense from the perspective fo the sport they use, as dancing needs two people and volleyball needs six.

Right now they are one main male protagonist and a female character which they are building up a lot (examining her personality, her problems, her infancy in flashbacks, etc). After that, we have 3 male secondary characters and 2 female secondary characters.

Sterok

Flip Flappers 13

Pure mediocrity. There was some potential in this mess, a few episodes were actually decent, and the animation was pretty, but overall it was a mess that couldn't decide what it wanted to be about with awful characters that I could not care less for. Big disappointment considering how some people here hyped it up a lot.

Speaking of Haikyuu!!, there are some people putting in the lower positions (or not putting it) of their top 10, I wanted to remind them that not only season 3 was shown in 2016, the second half of the season season (which I remember it was pretty hype) was aired from January to March.

Qurupeke

Girlish Number [END]
Chi-sama is the best. I'm going to miss Gahahas, her random songs and her cocky attitude.

Show was a very nice surprise this season. I really liked the characters and how everyone had flaws, they were everyday people. Everyone, even characters like Towada, Momoka's manager and LN sensei added a certain personality to the show. Of course, the seiyus were the real stars. The scenes of Momoka and Kazuha around the midseason were some of the show's best. Furthermore, I liked how troubled the whole production was, even if the anime was a comedy. I know that it wasn't supposed to be realistic, but it really left me a strong impression.

Highly recommended. Best faces of the season.

Of course Thunderbolt Fantasy isn't anime. It's too good ;P

But seriously, the fact that Mob Psycho 100 is top in Iceland only solidifies in my mind that Iceland is pretty rad.

Little status update on my Kabaneri watch

I'm at episode 9 and even if I hated Biba, he wasn't bothering me too much, but when they shot the kid at the end, it was almost too much...ok 3 more, they won't be killing another kid right? right?!

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I dropped Kabaneri the episode SephirothBiba showed up in earnest.

Biba is the worst part about Kabaneri. The show got boring when he showed up.

The fact that he's a nominee for villain of the year on crunchyroll is honestly hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom