• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2016 |OT| The seasons change, but we're still Falling for Euri

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sterok

Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans S2 2

You mean a sudden drop like that is bad for Barbatos? Who could have guessed? How mustache guy ended up in this position will forever be one of life's greatest mysteries. Big gamble working with Montag. Sad backstory for Hush, but I don't particularly care for him. Well gee, I wonder who this totally mysterious masked man could be.

I fested it up at the bonbori matsuri today:

CuSyMjVVYAAvZTZ.jpg

The festival that became real because of Hanasaku Iroha

CuS7vocUkAESX-8.jpg

CuS9MnQVYAEg5l8.jpg

CuS9k8YVMAIbRHY.jpg

CuS7y-xVIAA8Bt1.jpg

Saw lots of P.A. Works itasha, and even a Clannad one

CuVdiXUWgAAIzab.jpg

CuVdi3rWcAYCtxu.jpg

And some cosplayers and someone in animegao

CuTVyQKUMAAR2WC.jpg

And this guy who's apparently the original character designer for Hanasaku Iroha

CuVdoORXEAAb3GO.jpg

CuVdozpWgAAr-1x.jpg

Ate a Hanasaku Iroha bento

CuVdGR2W8AAxHX5.jpg

CuVdGzYXYAARYTE.jpg

CuVdHiDWYAAbHrq.jpg

And saw the actual festival stuff of course :p

March Comes In Like A Lion - 01
Easily the strongest premiere of the season. Visuals are beautiful. Really strong direction with emphasis on water/being submerged. Loved, loved, LOVED the scene with the butterfly as well. That being said, the sadness and depression being portrayed in this show is real.

Ascheroth

Okada Gundam #27

Well, Mikatsuki made quick work of the enemies. More setup and now thedirection this season will take is clear, for the beginning at least.
Liked seeing the 'dark side' of the Alaya-Vijnana system.

Show By Rock S2 #2

Great episode, a lot of fun. Plasmagicas new song was pretty nice. Moas planet was amusing, like how their language is just variations of Pyururu with different intonations, lol. Some fun reveals as well.
: )
President continues to have great reaction faces.

Narag

Kuromukuro 1

huh, that was a good first ep since it raised enough questions to keep one curious about how things will play out. I wasn't aware of the more historical implications either which really makes this my jam. Second half goes up on Netflix tomorrow so figured I'd start this and I'm glad I did.

They are practically the same show. Bit baffled why people I respect here are praising it. Tonal shifts so hard they break your neck.
I think the melodrama so far has been kept to a minimum I guess. I was doing a joke because of the names with the nearby months.

So far it has been the most interesting first episode of the season though. Working will still likely get my top spot of the season though

Cornbread78

Izetta ep.2
Ok, that was a great follow up episode to explain their relationship and push the story further. The visuals were still outstandibg, the OST on point and the tone matches the story perfectly.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
With only 2 more novels to adapt from (which apparently also stopped being created, the series is incomplete) I hope that it's because they want to put more of their own material.
This is not how anime works. It will just focus on other parts of the story.

Gundam IBO S2 - 02
So Mikazuki lost complete movement from his right arm when not connected to Barbatos. His mobility returns once he is hooked up. Wonder if this couldn't happen again to another limb, or worse yet, his whole body.
This is not how anime works. It will just focus on other parts of the story.
Sure isn't but I also haven't heard of anime anime adaptations of LNs that were dropped/killed by the author. If they fit 1/3 novels in 1 episode and they have 1 cour lined up, they either have to stretch out the 2 books that are left or make up their own content?

All right own up.

Which two of you people thought Occult;Nine had the best premiere of the season? Over literally everything else that's aired so far?

Me, it was really hard to deicde tho. It was Occultic or Haikyu, both hit all the right notes for me.

So, I suppose there's not a consensus on the best premiere of the season, right? It actually seems that multiple shows gathered both positive and negative reception.

http://www.strawpoll.me/11395553

Hope I included everything important.

Whoever voted with me on occultic nine, you are the best! Keep being awesome.

33a55e0ac24148463c088f826ad5f6ab.jpg

phaze

All right own up.

Which two of you people thought Occult;Nine had the best premiere of the season? Over literally everything else that's aired so far?

Why do I get the feeling you haven't even watched it.
ndaxxyizzoo7.gif

-----

Didn't realize its Hashimoto at the helm of Sangatsu's OST. Hype.

And in case people skipped the preview for next episode like me. There was an endcard from Miura afterwards:

Still have to wait for The Great Passage to be sure, but I have to wonder if it'll beat March Comes In Like A Lion (we need to come up with a shortened name for this show, fuck).

Why do I get the feeling you haven't even watched it.
ndaxxyizzoo7.gif

The fact it apparently adapted an entire volume of a LN into a single 24-minute episode seems like reason enough for me to avoid it.

There are certain rules one must follow when adapting material into an anime and that is a major one broken right there.

What am I suppose to get from this? That you don't agree with me?

Let's just say I was told who the other person who voted Occult;Nine on that poll was.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Season 2, Episode 2:

SO much in the way of Gundam Politics I was starting to zone out there and it is unfortunate to see that this is still a problem here in the second season. Once again they got way too many shadowy factions and chess players in the abstract for us to give a damn about any of it. I am not a huge fan of recycling the threat of space pirates once again as the current antagonist but I get why that is the case and unlike The Brewers this fleet actually seems to have a bit of credibility.

The fact it apparently adapted an entire volume of a LN into a single 24-minute episode seems like reason enough for me to avoid it.

There are certain rules one must follow when adapting material into an anime and that is a major one broken right there.
I think it's a goddamn feat LOL. A funny one at that, but fitting 400 pages in a 24min segment has to be the new record.

Let's just say I was told who the other person who voted Occult;Nine on that poll was.

Right made sense, I pretty much felt I was the only one who truly enjoyed it. People were so negative here, it surprised me to see another vote.

Unless it's not a sarcastic vote of course.

Touken Ranbu - Hanamaru 2
Nice to see how new Touken Danshi come to exist. Again, this was a series of shorter, comedic scenes as the two new characters were shown around followed by a number of them being dispatched for battle.

Really neat how the event visited this time was the Honnouji Incident. It brought out some nice backstory, including how a couple of the Toudan felt about being wielded by Nobunaga.

Character bloat is real though, with most of the cast getting barely more than a line or two, including the two newly-introduced characters.

blurr

March comes in like a Lion 01

Very impressive premiere episode - heart warming art and lots of cool visuals although much of its attempts to convey a story through it were more or less straight forward. Great music through out.

I'm not sure what to expect from this at this point but it has my intrigue and it has been quite relaxing to watch.

Iron Blooded Orphans S2 02

I'm not sure how the other seven star member is attempting to confront McGillis.

Yonafunu

Occultic;Nine 1

Really not that bad, y'all are weird. Trying to fit all of the charcters in one episode was weird, I did like using the television programme as a bridge to connect the scenes, I guess at least some thought went into that, no matter how elementary. They should've just left out all the other (initially) unrelated ones.

Nothing negative to say about the visuals really. Even if it turns to shit I'll probably stick with it just for the style.

This is unforgivable tho. How you gonna take off her ass and put it on the front, absolutely tragic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom