• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2016 |OT| The seasons change, but we're still Falling for Euri

Status
Not open for further replies.

Background is a tad too busy and dark to 'comfortably' look at.

Mind using this instead?

gl28dCL.png

That kotaku anime thread has become rather silly and circular.

Well no shit. Its an entirely one-sided discussion. Without actually including someone involved with the industry or at least a dedicated translator its shouting into a vacuum. It's especially amazing the kind of accusatory stuff that gets thrown around to women and LGBT people when the manga/anime industry actively caters to women and LGBT on a wide and successful level.

jman2050

www dot Working!! 3

MIyakoshi's stupidity is starting to reach Aho Girl levels, and that's a really hard tower to climb. New ghostlysickly girl is pretty funny. Feels like the characters are coming into their own, lots of funny interactions just like with the other group. Definitely enjoying this just as much as the other seasons.

Child Yuuta was a prick.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Watashi ga Motete Dousunda #2

Wasn't this show about a fujoshi that would rather ship the member her harem with each other instead of herself?? Because this was straight up a reverse harem. And not even particularly funny.

Yeah, someone here said it just turns into a generic shoujo with a female otaku lead soon after. Oh well, it's still Yuu Kobayashi so I'm watching. lol

---

Girlish Number 2
7DZSR40l.jpg

IxhGQfXl.jpg

I'm not one to "waifu" anime characters, but I genuinely think I am in love. lol

I was almost tempted to change my avatar into a Thunderbolt Fantasy character, but I decided against it as I'm not ready to stop representing Majin Bone yet.

Ascheroth

Izetta #3

An action-packed episode, and a great one at that. I'm really liking Izettas use of magic and boy is she OP. Princess continues to be a great character. It's also still really good looking.

But someone messed up the text on the grenades, smh.
It's not "Vor Gebrauch Sprengkapsel einsretzen", it's "einsetzen". So close!

I also continue to be impressed at Japans ability to pronounce german in such a way that it's clearly german yet still nearly impossibly to understand. Could only make out bits and pieces of their hymn, lol.
Majin Bone 1

No real thoughts yet. Just thought I'd let nintendoman know I watched this.

You're not going to be disappointed.

3 Gatsu no Lion 2

I mean the show is heart warming, but I'm getting very... creeped out? Bothered? by the design of the sisters. The giant eyes/iris with light colors and the always smiling gigantic mouths is too much for me. I feel like they're going to turn into spoopy monsters at some point. Or at the very least their always sunny disposition will eventually be revealed to be fake.

Outside of that big sis has zero fucking chill lmao. You're all having a good time and "oh hey remember when REALLY FUCKED UP SHIT HAPPENED?!"

:O

Thud

Shiki
Couldn't help myself and watched everything.
Just like life, everything breaks down eventually.

It didn't do anything new, but it was entertaining at least. I liked the slow progression in the first twelve or so episodes better than the hunt.

I was expecting something more unsettling to watch, but it never reached the level of Higurashi for example. This is a series where you applaud when people die.

So I rate it a werewolves of london/10

March comes in like a lion 02

I'm liking this show a lot, but I don't really have a lot to say about it. Its a very calming show.

3 Gatsu no Lion 2

I mean the show is heart warming, but I'm getting very... creeped out? Bothered? by the design of the sisters. The giant eyes/iris with light colors and the always smiling gigantic mouths is too much for me. I feel like they're going to turn into spoopy monsters at some point. Or at the very least their always sunny disposition will eventually be revealed to be fake.

That's the point I feel. They are a real offset to Rei's mopeyness, but it feels like the older sister is putting up a facade for the younger ones.

godisntheradio

Neo Member
No lies detected.

Btw, has anyone already watched Occultic;Nein episode 2? My morbid curiosity keeps growing against my better judgement.

ep 2 raises more questions about the cliffhanger in ep1 and build up on that, it's also not as fast. ultimately, it's more of the first episode

i liked it better than ep1 but if you didn't like ep1, it's safe to say you probably won't like ep2

Wanderer5

Izetta, The Last Witch #3

That was great. Lots of nice action and Izetta was just rocking.

Classicaloid #2

Well that continue to be really weird and silly. Poor Kanae dealing with these guys.XD The musik scene in this episode was pretty enjoyable and beethoven getting his wish was hilarious.

Seems like this series is now confirmed to be 25 episodes.

blurr

Girlish Number 02

I quite like the OP's visuals, animations and transitions.

I'm assuming we will see more shows that give their own take on anime production in a post-shirobako world and this is one such show. Chitose is barely even trying to be likeable beyond her split-second funny reactions. That smug attitude ticks me off more than the first episode heh, to a point that I'm increasingly hopeful for some strong drama to trigger asap.

Visually I find this show going from looking very good to just down-right awkward. It ends up leaving a bad aftertaste personally. I'm not speaking about the framing of the scene but the character art itself.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Girlish Number 02

Visually I find this show going from looking very good to just down-right awkward. It ends up leaving a bad aftertaste personally. I'm not speaking about the framing of the scene but the character art itself.
It's a meta commentary on the production of anime, since the show within the show has the same problem!

Not this season but I finally got around to finishing Thunderbolt Fantasy today, and I'm so excited to see that a sequel is in production.

What an awesome show, the detail they put into everything, the quality of the voice acting and cinematography offsetting the lack of facial expression and limited movement of the puppets, the way the CG effects work so well with the rest of the practical scene.

Just wow, a real achievement. Plus it helps that all the normal elements are there as well, great characters, simple but engaging story, Sawano's music working really well in tandem with the action.

Possibly my favourite show of last season.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Izetta Episode 3:

Ah yes, we at last get the requisite war is hell for the men in the trenches, and they are literally in trenches here. I can understand why Fine doesn't want Izetta fighting but I think she forgot that she does have a dog in this fight on her own accord, they did kind of destroyed her home and family after all. Anyway, I am not sure how you keep this a secret but I suppose we find out next episode.

Grexeno

So Amazon has Great Passage?

Izetta: The Last Witch 01

Henceforth this series shall be christened "Magical World War II Lesbians"

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
3 Lions Episode 2:

SO in this episode we are introduced to various, well, I wouldn't use the word friends seeing as how they are awful people who are awful to Kiriyama. At any rate, I have already developed a rather robust dislike for all of them not only because they are awful people but they don't really fit the series. I guess making them exaggerated caricatures was another contrast idea but that doesn't make any of them remotely tolerable. Rest of the episode settled into a strangely conferrable slice of life groove as we learn the background on Akari, her family and how they met Kiriyama.

duckroll

So Amazon has Great Passage?

Amazon has exclusive international streaming rights for all noitaminA shows moving forward I believe. But it seems they have determined that while Japanese and British audiences are worthy of simulcasts, Americans only deserve Attack on Train and nothing more.

Ascheroth

Amazon has exclusive international streaming rights for all noitaminA shows moving forward I believe. But it seems they have determined that while Japanese and British audiences are worthy of simulcasts, Americans only deserve Attack on Train and nothing more.

They also simulcast everything in German.

Grexeno

why

Amazon US did stream Battery this past summer (although for one episode they didn't put up English subtitles until almost a week later). It's only this month that they've stopped posting anime simulcasts.

Thud

That will teach them!

duckroll

Amazon US did stream Battery this past summer (although for one episode they didn't put up English subtitles until almost a week later). It's only this month that they've stopped posting anime simulcasts.

Damn I forgot that show existed. I'm beating myself over it now. Thanks for recharging my memory. I'm going to shamefully walk back to the artillery line now.

Kiss him, not me - 02

Watashi ga Motete Dousunda #2

Wasn't this show about a fujoshi that would rather ship the member her harem with each other instead of herself?? Because this was straight up a reverse harem. And not even particularly funny.

Pretty much that.

Would be nice if the guys had some more genuine reactions to her extreme fujoshi lifestyle but apparently no one gives a damn? It's really just 'MC turns beautiful and has boys fighting for her attention'. Oh and she's now that generic popular school girl that helps out other clubs and such.

I still found a few moments funny but on the whole I was bored.

If you're so kind as to provide me with a nicely edited image, how could I refuse?

Damn straight you couldn't ;)

*stores knife away*

Sölf

Thunderbolt Fantasy 09-13 END
Man, what a ride. The last few episodes just became better and better and holy shit that finale episode! God, I am still hyped, that was so damn good. Definitly one of Urobotchi's best shows, maybe even his best. I can't wait to see what they have in store for us in S2.

I recommend this show to everyone, especially fans of Wuxia movies and shows. It wouldn't get my AOTY vote, but so far it would probably be rank 3-4 behind Gintama and 91 Days and maybe Hero Academia. I don't want to start the discussion "Is this an anime?" yet again, I just want to say how much I enjoyed this ride and where I would rank it overall. Damn, such a good show. But I still don't know names. xD

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Kiss him, not me - 02

Pretty much that.

Would be nice if the guys had some more genuine reactions to her extreme fujoshi lifestyle but apparently no one gives a damn? It's really just 'MC turns beautiful and has boys fighting for her attention'. Oh and she's now that generic popular school girl that helps out other clubs and such.
If the objective of the show was for the main character to just pair the boys together they would not have made her a romantic interest for them in the first place. It was obvious early on that it was just a reverse harem.

Narag

Tiger Mask W 3

Feels like past the wrasslin', machismo, and revenge, the fraternal conflict could mature into a more complete human interest angle rather the half baked implementation it is now.

Also, barring ANN didn't lie to me, Ryōichi Tanaka is reprising his role from the original series:
PY1wx5w.png

Continuity is starting to make a little more sense now.

Ascheroth

Sölf;220229194 said:
Thunderbolt Fantasy 09-13 END
Man, what a ride. The last few episodes just became better and better and holy shit that finale episode! God, I am still hyped, that was so damn good. Definitly one of Urobotchi's best shows, maybe even his best. I can't wait to see what they have in store for us in S2.

I recommend this show to everyone, especially fans of Wuxia movies and shows. It wouldn't get my AOTY vote, but so far it would probably be rank 3-4 behind Gintama and 91 Days and maybe Hero Academia. I don't want to start the discussion "Is this an anime?" yet again, I just want to say how much I enjoyed this ride and where I would rank it overall. Damn, such a good show. But I still don't know names. xD

Who needs names when you can call them by their badass nicknames!

Edgeless Blade
Enigmatic Gale
Bones of Creation
Night's Lament
One-Eyed Impaler
Screaming Phoenix Killer

Thunderbolt Fantasy was so good.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Kiss him, not me - 02

Pretty much that.

I still found a few moments funny but on the whole I was bored.

Yeah, for that you need to read/watch Fujoshi Rumi or Fujoshi Kanojo. Kanojo in particular has the inevitable "guy is shocked when he founds out what yaoi is" reaction that probably won't happen here.

Taruranto

If the objective of the show was for the main character to just pair the boys together they would not have made her a romantic interest for them in the first place. It was obvious early on that it was just a reverse harem.

It was obvious it was a reverse harem at the core, no one is going to deny that. But the premise and main theme were that the main girl was a fujoshi that would rather have them kiss each other than her, what's the point of having that premise if you are not going to at least play on it and make jokes based on that? It's not like them having an interest in her gets in the way of the premise. (Which can be turned around eventually when she starts to get interested in one of the guys)

The first part was not even tangentially related to it, she turns hot so she's good at sport so she joins the football team and helps them win. The second part was 15 minutes of the guys trying to help her study and even when they come in contact with her fujoshi side they are barely bothered by it/barely get a reaction.

I mean, maybe it gets better later, but this episode was uuuh.

I wrote too much for a show like this.

I mean, I had no expectations but simply hoped for more. All in all, 2 episodes is still 'early on' and after episode 1 I already concluded that this likely wouldn't be any good.

Besides, I expected her to be a romantic interest while also stringing the guys along for her actual goals. I wouldn't have been interested in merely her pairing up the guys without being closely involved herself.

Yeah, for that you need to read/watch Fujoshi Rumi or Fujoshi Kanojo. Kanojo in particular has the inevitable "guy is shocked when he founds out what yaoi is" reaction that probably won't happen here.

Hmm, might give either of those a try then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom