• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2016 |OT| The seasons change, but we're still Falling for Euri

Status
Not open for further replies.
Drifters Episode 2:

I generally really enjoy it's darker tones, the action, the copious amounts of blood-- but god those comedic breaks really damage the flow, especially towards the end of the episode. Still enjoying it however, that's probably my only big criticism so far. (Wow bad sentence, almost makes it sound like me enjoying it is the big criticism.)

Cornbread78

Oh I was just being snarky about that on twitter, I didn't know you actually said no.

Stay outta this neko-kun!

*sigh*

I'm gonna have to respectfully decline.

KEY and I...have had a bit of a falling out. There was a time when I enjoyed their works like Clannad as much as the average anime fan, but that time has passed.

Sorry.

Oh well, I tried. Maybe I'll find sonething non key.

Have you watched Anohana yet? Strike the blood, Yona of the Dawn?

Copper

It's happening

3k4mK9W.jpg

Self-deprecating humor is a thing you know.

Yeah I don't think it's meant to be taken too seriously. I'm sure there's a bit of truth to it, as not all voice actors, actresses, producers, directors are rays of sunshine. But I think the author doesn't mind throwing himself under a bus either. Most writers I know don't.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I don't mind throwing LN authors under buses either. It's a common ground.

Haikyuu!! S3 Ep 2

Does Ushijima have 3 names? Ushijima, Ushiwaka, and another one his team mates call him. Got confused who they were talking about for a second.

Looking forward to Tsukishimas transformation. HAVE SOME CONFIDENCE YOU BITTER FOOL

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yeah I don't think it's meant to be taken too seriously. I'm sure there's a bit of truth to it, as not all voice actors, actresses, producers, directors are rays of sunshine. But I think the author doesn't mind throwing himself under a bus either. Most writers I know don't.

Just look at Curb Your Enthusiasm and all the clone shows about Hollywood that it spawned, culminating with 30 Rock.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I've alluded to this before, but I feel it's pretty icky to have a light novel adaptation advertise its novel by trashing light novel authors and all of their colleagues in the industry. This is some Wake Up Girls territory right here.
I don't really see the problem personally. It's not some systematic dismantling of light novels as a medium, nor does it present itself as an authority on the industry. I heard that the anime does not really use the light novel as source material, but that they are just more generally connected as a property. This was from ANN so I can't really verify that claim though.

The stance is not even really against light novels, it's just the characters perspective, and more than anything it comes off as her not wanting to read.

The Great Passage - 01

OP of the season? OP of the season.

Needless to say this was excellent. Guess the showdown for new anime property AOTS for me will be between this and Sangatsu.

duckroll

Couldn't post impressions at all last night because GAF was so fucking slow...

Kuromukuro - Episode 18

Lol onsen episode. Of course. The entire dinner scene was great. Are they really discussing a cosplay promo video or could they be in fact describing the next PA Works original anime?! Maybe we can get a Kuromukuro x Shirobako crossover out of this. Lol. Poor Spanish guy though.

Oh my, that cliffhanger. Noooooooooooo.

Kuromukuro - Episode 19

Oh looks like this is the "answers" episode. Wait, nope. This is the "there will be answers SOON" episode. Lololol. Trolled.

Kuromukuro - Episode 20

Okay, looks like this is the "answers" episode! That's interesting. This kinda reminds me of Majestic Prince a little. I'm sure there's more to that backstory. Looks like shit is REALLY happening now. For a race of aliens with Wolverine healing factors and super advanced mecha tech, they seem really incompetent though.... Whatever, Kennosuke rocks!!!

Narag

To Be Hero 2

Like Muromi-san, I expect this to have some nicely animated bits and humor that aggravates me half the time.

I don't mind throwing LN authors under buses either. It's a common ground.

I can certainly understand the appeal for certain people. I'm sure someone like Cindi Mayweather would love a show that is so cynical and disparaging of the light novel and anime industry, to judge from that OT thread.

I want an anime about a light novel brainstorming idea between two friends.

"What do we write about?"

".... I got it!"

"Huh?"

"Our main character, how about if it's a male"

"Yeah all right"

"And he's a regular high school kid"

"O..........k?"

"But here's the hook. He was a regular high school student.... UNTIL"

"OH SHIT. WRITE IT DOWN BARTHOLOMEW. WRITE IT DOWN!"

I imagine light novel brainstorming usually goes like this:

You got a guy who's got decent story ideas but lives with a giant monster clown he doesn't know how to say no to.

So the guy says: "I'm going write a story about a bunch of teenagers trapped in a virtual online video game and have a large focus of it be about the human condition."

But then the giant monster clown starts smashing a rubber mallet all over the room yelling: "Harem and waifus! Harem and waifus!"

Lostorage Incited WIXOSS - 2
Man, they are really layering on the feels with Chinatsu. She's already on the ground and life just keeps on kicking

blurr

This is my problem, I cannot stand characters making idiots out of themselves or suffering from social anxiety, it hits a bit too close to home and I always have to pause or start skipping scenes.

I mean, I'll give it it's dues that just on the first episode it made me feel uncomfortable.

I get the feeling but personally, the spirit with which the show delivers humor did not come off as "harsh" as such. While it did exaggerate for sarcasm's sake, there's no denying they can result in funny situations but much of that has to do with the way the person thinks or behaves which is what the show explains as well through Kuroki's monologues/thoughts, than simply ridiculing her - I believe there are times when the show comforted Kuroki when she was down.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
It's happening

Don't fall for it. I won't be satisfied until music teacher falls for his co-worker (older lady) and Kumiko's childhood friend either finds someone else to fall for or die, the latter preferably. Those two obstacles need to be removed ASAP before I can truly get excited.

Keijo - 01

So this show.... yeah. LOL

duckroll

I'm a little out of the loop on this, is it just a short or is there something more substantial coming down the road?

It's a short which is technically a new theatrical exclusive entry for Animator Expo. It started a limited run in cinemas today along with a compilation of a few other Animator Shorts.

But. We live in a world where:

- Death Billiards spawned a TV series.
- Little Witch Academia got a longer sequel Kickstarted, and subsequently a TV series via Netflix.
- Endless Night gets a spiritual successor TV anime via Yuri on Ice.
- Dragon Dentist is getting a 90 minute TV feature sequel.

So never say never. More than ever now, creative anime shorts seem to be pilot launch pads for bigger things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom