• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2016 |OT| The seasons change, but we're still Falling for Euri

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure customer service has limited information, especially when it comes to international rights, but apparently multiple people have contacted Amazon US and been told that they will not be streaming The Great Passage because they do not have a license for it.

Aki-at

WataMote - 3

Okay, that was painful how she tried to hold a conversation with those guys in the shelter, I had to keep pausing it to get through when she tried to talk about poop with them. Then she tries to tempt her brother and tease him he's getting a boner over her eh what?

jgminto

Gundam Tekketsu 28
The strategy of battle was one of the best elements of the first season and it's great to see it return again in new ways. A battle that focuses on attrition is an interesting dynamic and something that makes sense with Tekkadan's greater resources at this point. I enjoyed the scenes of the Mobile Suit pilots dealing with resource restrictions, it felt like a meaningful impact compared to the previous space battles. I also appreciated how completely BONKERS Akihiro's mobile suit modifications are, not only does it have four automatic rifles, it also has a retractable pair of what are essentially giant fucking pliers for cutting mobile suits in half. The Gundam Guison Rebake Full City is as absurd as its name and I love it.
5WsDm3x.jpg

Magestic...

L.O.R.D

Tiger Mask W Episode 1

i like what i hear,don't like what i see.
the animation is weird,the OST is like Naruto Shippuden or Fairy Tail.
who is the composer?

Thud

Rose of Versailles 1

The adventures of Reinhard and Kircheis. Alcoholic grandma plays the role of Yang Wenli.

Dis gunna be gud.

Sniped by Netflix in the US maybe???

One of my twitter followers responded to me claiming that Customer Service told them it was about generating fan interest. Seems to be conflicting information coming from Amazon. My guess is they probably do in fact have the rights, but just aren't exercising them?

Either way it's frustrating. I want to watch it, but I'm remaining legal in my anime consumption.

Well that was indeed pretty good and refreshing production. Not my favorite show ever but one of the best ones I've seen all year for sure. Will watch season 2 whenever it drops.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Yaoi on Fire 2
Why is victor so moe moe kyun?
The reason why Yurio don't want to bath with another person is probably because he has big pink nipple or a mole on his butt.
The more i watch it the more i like it. Love the comedy bits with Yurio immediately post on instagram after he bought tiger sweatshirt.

Based on how Victor treat Yuris it was obvious he just using them for his own benefit, which i think would be one of the main conflict in later episode.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Season 2, Episode 3:

Ah yes, at last we reach the first battle of the season and it is pretty good. Though not going to lie, it is annoying to see Dawn Horizon so thoroughly reduced after 2 episodes of build up.

Anne Happy ep. 1,2 & 10
Started because I listened a damn catchy rap on youtube from this series. Alas, it was one of the worst shows I've yet seen, bland characters and annoying character interactions. Dropped the series but the rap is still going on my head :/

Occultic Nine episode 2

Another great episode! Still ok fast, but it never really bothered me. Liking detective boy design a lot and that doujin part made smile a bunch.

Big boobies are funny to watch bounce they don't bother me at all. They are so big I don't even count them as fan service anymore to tell the truth but more as comedy relief.

Also I started reading the LN since it's now in similpub on j-novel and just from chapter 2 they skipped a bunch of stuff from the TV interview and since it's important stuff for one of the character I'm sure they will come back on it later.

So far they did not adapt all of volume 1. From the chapters I red anyway.(2)

Also this has the best opening and ending this season.

Gundam IBO 28

Man Mikazuki is so cool! I love the double mace wielding Barbatos. Akihiro and is Gusion full city were also very HOT.

Very pleased with this episode.

IBO is probably so far one of my favorite gundam show since like SEED.

Haikyu S3 2

Still the best anime of the season. Each episode gives me more of what I like so no complaints here.

March comes in like a lion 2

Not feeling this one so much. The characters fall flat for me, the comedy is bad and the MC has glasses...but HEY it's pretty.

Poco's udon world 1-2

Man this is so good! Cuteness overload! Poco's smile is just too much..I have been shot through the heart. Will most definitely keep watching! I need those happy feelings more!

blurr

Iron Blooded Orphans S2 03

Curse cliffhangers!

I now see what the Iok gang was up to. It's weird though, aren't they even bothered that they will be reported for interference - utterly irresponsible. If peace is maintained by people like him, I suppose it was only a matter of time it all crumbled. It's not that him interfering is a bad thing in itself but his reasons have holes to say the least.

I'll be honest, I couldn't understand who the guy in the mask was but it was clear the instant he opened his mouth/spoke in this case lol. That makes things interesting.

Action was great on the other hand, one of the things I like is the sense of weight and impact the battles give.

Tonkatsu DJ Agetarou 04-05

First gig sucessful!

Sterok

Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans S2 3

The pirates had a nice trick at first, but after that they mostly got bodied. Attrition is fairly new to this show, with Tekkadan actually having to stop and refuel frequently. The Guison is ridiculous, in an awesome way. Really, who could this super mysterious masked man be? Of course Gjallarhorn has to mess up a perfectly good thing with either lack of communication or glory seeking. Though to be fair Tekkadan was also glory seeking. Always need to watch your backs, even from supposed allies.

Iron Blooded Orphans S2 03

Curse cliffhangers!

I now see what the Iok gang was up to. It's weird though, aren't they even bothered that they will be reported for interference - utterly irresponsible. If peace is maintained by people like him, I suppose it was only a matter of time it all crumbled. It's not that him interfering is a bad thing in itself but his reasons have holes to say the least.

I'll be honest, I couldn't understand who the guy in the mask was but it was clear the instant he opened his mouth/spoke in this case lol. That makes things interesting.

Action was great on the other hand, one of the things I like is the sense of weight and impact the battles give.

Tonkatsu DJ Agetarou 04-05

First gig sucessful!
Guy in the mask is obviously Gaelio, and that was obvious since the first time we saw him

duckroll

Kuromukuro - Episode 23

Wow this might be my favorite episode of the series so far. No action, no plot twists, just the end point of a ton of character development across the entire series resulting in something so silly and dumb, but at the same time so human. One sign of a well written TV series is that when the episode comes near the end where characters come to terms with who they are and what their relationships mean to them, it feels super satisfying. This is definitely one of those times.

duckroll

Kuromukuro - Episode 24

Damn, this could have been the series finale. I kept waiting for the episode to end with a cliffhanger in the middle of any of the battles, but it just kept going and going, then I was expecting something -else- to happen, but instead the show once again chooses the less dramatic route to proceed, which makes it a stronger story.

I dunno how I should feel about Sebastian being alive, but hey, with a beard like that, I can't hate. I totally thought the episode would end when the "final boss" showed up and posed. I also expected the episode to end when he escaped into the ship, so they could spend a whole other episode trying to chase him down. But nope, they didn't do that either. When Zell killed the commander and it was one of his race, I was soooooooo afraid they would pull the "Zell was bad and trying to regain control of his own ship all along" twist. But nope, they didn't.

And at the very end, the fact that the threat continues, but it won't happen for almost a whole year, is the sort of expansion I don't really expect with just two episodes left. It makes sense for them to have a failsafe, but it also makes sense that the fall back plan has draw backs. But usually for dramatic purposes, the impact is immediate. I'm excited to see what the story has planned by giving them so much more time.

March comes in like a Lion - 02

Those over the top and comedic Shogi rivals of Rei...

tumblr_mnyfd9eswf1sq9crubl.gif

From the fantastic calm and low key match against the old man to this, sigh. Not that I expected everything to be the same but the kid that opened his mail...urgh.

Y'all have already said everything. Pretty major downgrade from a very nice opening episode.

Kemono no Souja Erin - 31 (OP)

After another 95% recap episode we get a 'new' OP at last...though with similar visuals and a new composition of the same song... And my god are those vocals absolutely infuriating. The woman's singing is constantly on the verge of 'breaking up' or what you wanna call it. Overall I'm not fond of its new tone either. Major downgrade that I'll likely never get accustomed to after listen to the previous versions often and gladly.

The Great Passage 1

Move over Yuri on Ice, this is the real men's couple of the season!

Jokes apart, we usually wish for 'real' Noitamina shows, seinen works that are more mature and less focused on fanservice or fantasy worlds, and with adults and not 13 years old as main characters; unlike those seasons with 'fake' Noitamina shows, and we have one here, we can't complain. In fact for a niche story like this, it looks pretty good and it's competently directed, nice. It even uses a classy slow piano as background music, all very appropriate.

That said, I wish this first episode would have a better hook. One thing is to make a seinen series, and another something as uninteresting as story as a publishing company searching a new editor for a dictionary. In comparison I think Rakugo had a better hook.
If despite that premise there is something really interesting in the plot, they are keeping it from us for now, although this could be potentially a slow burner, and improve slowly over the coming episodes. In a way the story core seems to be a bit more typical you could imagine, as in the end it's about a 'weird' protagonist which discovers he had a hidden talent which can develop for the good, with the help of a trainer who sees the potential. It's almost a sport series! :p
Character-wise, nothing mind-blowing for now, but at least they feel realistic and well-grounded.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Is the Rakugo "hook" recycling an OVA for an easy double length premiere?

Ascheroth

Okada Gundam #28

My god, Akihikos upgraded Gusion is completely RIDICULOUS, I love it.
The space battle was great and ended right before it got really intersting, with what's essencially a 2-way fight turned 3-way. Really enjoyed the focus on resupplying and combat maintenance, very nice to see how Tekkadans position now really is different.
Still, Orga is as reckless es ever.

Show By Rock S2 #3

Pretty standard episode with a festival and ShinganCrimsonZ being ShinganCrimsonZ. They never fail to entertain, and it looks like they might get a bigger focus soon? Yes please.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I'm talking about the setting, story and characters. The fact the first episode is basically the OVA with a few scenes deleted is beside the point.
I think there's something to be said for having additional resources and extended time for an establishing episode. I dunno. I have not watched Great Passage yet.

I think there's something to be said for having additional resources and extended time for an establishing episode. I dunno. I have not watched Great Passage yet.

Well, obviously comparing 45 min. episode vs 25 min. episode it's a bit unfair, buuuut I don't think that's the root cause of my impressions here.

duckroll

Kuromukuro - Episode 25-26 (End)

That was amazing. The best mecha series in ages. Perfect ending. Best thing Okamura directed since Wolf's Rain.

Maybe I`m just retarded but Occultic;Nine is hella confusing and I have no idea what`s going on.

I`ll probably gonna have to re watch the last 2 episodes again. I love the animation, op and ed though.

Narag

Maybe I`m just retarded but Occultic;Nine is hella confusing and I have no idea what`s going on.

I`ll probably gonna have to re watch the last 2 episodes again. I love the animation, op and ed though.

That's been a common complaint given how quickly it's torn through its source material.

Dragon Ball Super 62

Can't believe that they are going to use the Mafuba (the technique that was used to seal Demon King Piccolo) to beat Black and Zamasu, but they're immortal so it makes sense.

Master Roshi is the key to all this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom