• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2016 |OT| The seasons change, but we're still Falling for Euri

Status
Not open for further replies.

phaze

Trickster cases have really been bottom of the barrel so far in terms of quality or complexity.

Edit-
Am looking for something new to watch , how is Mushishi and how does it compare to something like Natsume?

It's great, can't really go wrong with it unless you have severe allergy for non-action shows. Haven't seen Natsume but the consensus seems to be that Mushishi is a good few tiers higher.

Ascheroth

Since I just saw it on Prime, how's ViVid Strike and what would I have to watch before it?
I've watched the first 2 Nanoha seasons and most of Strikers, I think.

And yes, can't go wrong with Mushishi.

March Comes in Like a Lion is good shit.

Scorching Ping Pong Girls is good shit.

Yuri on Ice is alright.

Drifters looks like it might be a fun watch.

zulux21

it feels really weird to not have any currently airing anime that I am watching on a weekly basis.

luckily that will only last for a few weeks.

Shelter The Animation is up on YT (Porter Robinson x Madeon x A-1 Pictures music short). Looks like it was solo key animated by Megumi Kouno, in case anyone wondered where she went after Deremas.

Watching Pointless and 'Japanese Animation' came up as one of the categories for the final round, but the contestants didn't pick it. Now I'll never know if I'd have got a Pointless answer with Akari Akaza as my answer.

One of my housemates shouted "QUICK. ANIME IS ON POINTLESS." at me recently and it didn't get picked then either. We will never be rewarded for our knowledge.

Worse crime would be no if they don't screen In this Corner in the World.

Lineup is also a big joke right now like they announced to have the rights for all Kizu parts but only screen the first two ones.

I'm sure they will add a lot more stuff as the festival comes closer. And if I'm not mistaken the third Kizu movie doesn't have a Japanese air date yet. If it comes out in time I think they will add it to the lineup. For the last festival the first Kizu movie was added relatively late too.

Thud

I thought Chi's Sweet Adventure was incredibly boring. It is clearly aimed at very young children and it unfortunately did nothing for me. 12min per episode is also much too long for the contents the show presents. OP is awesome though.

Weird, the first season was like 3 mins per ep.

Clov

I went to a place where they had a lot of free anime today:
https://twitter.com/mikehattsu/status/788252456920633344

Lucky! Hope you're having fun over there.

I've liked Isao Takahata's Ghibli films more than Miyazaki's.

Favorite Miyazaki film though is Kiki's Delivery Service.

I think overall I enjoy Takahata's work more than Miyazaki's. I still love Miyazaki's work though, my favorite being Princess Mononoke (with Porco Rosso a close runner up).

Edit-
Am looking for something new to watch , how is Mushishi and how does it compare to something like Natsume?

Both seasons of Mushishi are among the best work that TV anime has to offer. It's definitely worth a look.

Jarmel

Banned
Shelter The Animation is up on YT (Porter Robinson x Madeon x A-1 Pictures music short). Looks like it was solo key animated by Megumi Kouno, in case anyone wondered where she went after Deremas.

Really good. Reminded me of Soma (the game) from last year. I would love to see a full fledged anime take on something like the end of the world in a serious manner like this.

Taruranto

Derp #25

VTtGBmb.jpg

Thanks for wasting 25 minutes of my time, Erin.

GAF, I know I'm late to the party on this one, but I just discovered that The Eccentric Family is getting a second season, which has me jumping for joy as the first season cemented itself as one of my favorite series of the 2010s.

Any details on this yet? All I know is that it's coming eventually.

Did he post in the RDR2 suicide-thread?
He did.

Goddamnit Corn. You've always dodged the bullet, how could you let yourself go like this. Wonder how long he will be gone for, I feel like with him gone this place won't be the same. Hopefully he doesn't break without access to posting or creating OTs lol.

sasuke_91

Looking at his post-history, yeah it was the RDR2 thread that took him out.

All those grey names...What happened there?
RDR2 pic only had guys on it. Some people were offended because they want diversity. Thread gets derailed and shitposting ensues.

Damn, I'd keep away from threads like that. Or threads in Gaming in general :p

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Like I'm watching the first one for the story

It was essentially foreign Die Hard with less foreigner Snapes. Or foreign Dredd only not in the future and with less chins
They both have bad stories!

The problem is that The Raid 2 is the Uncharted 4 of movies, giving us long boring walking and climbing scenes because they think they are serious filmmakers and not just action schlock producers.

They both have bad stories!

The problem is that The Raid 2 is the Uncharted 4 of movies, giving us long boring walking and climbing scenes because they think they are serious filmmakers and not just action schlock producers.

The Raid 2 felt terribly bloated in the action department, too. Some brevity was sorely needed.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
One of my housemates shouted "QUICK. ANIME IS ON POINTLESS." at me recently and it didn't get picked then either. We will never be rewarded for our knowledge.

There was once a picture round of animated films and one happened to be Howl's Moving Castle.

I thought, can't pick that, that's super obvious.

Was one of the best answers on the board.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I guess I won't be needing to finish that banner I promised him…

RIP Bread of Corn

brawly

Fairy Tail | ep 42

Haven't watched it for months, but watched 10 eps in quick succession. It's enjoyable but still nowhere near Naruto or One Piece for me, in terms of enjoyment or addictiveness. Music is great though.

And why are a bunch of episodes missing from Crunchyroll? I have to watch a crappy stream until ep 50.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom