• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2016 |OT| The seasons change, but we're still Falling for Euri

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't watched this show, but the original concept that Iwakami and Shinbo had for Madoka before Urobuchi came on board and basically just did his own thing instead was something along these lines, with a more expanded cast and more frequent deaths.

Oh interesting, I didn't know that. Thanks! I wonder how that Madoka would've been received.

The Raid: Redemption

Pretty awesome fights for sure (the 2 v 1 at the end and the 4 dudes with machetes in the hallway owned) with immensely superior choreography to most Hollywood fare - its good to see a fighting movie where there isn't a cut every half second - but I don't think it can stand up with there with the greats. In fact, I liked Dredd more because when that movie slowed down to talk I didn't get bored. More martial arts movies should include machetes in their fighting tho.

Still excited to watch the sequel.

Thud

Rose of Versailles 3-4

At the end of this catfight Versailles won't have anymore windows left. There goes your retirement plan old man.

Now if only characters would act less on their impulses, they may live longer. Also I hope Oscar does investigate the Orleans case a bit further.

Tiger Mask W 3

Yeesh, showing us three/four minutes of episode 1 again. Not exactly pulse pounding stuff guys.

That said, there are moments where the art is pretty enjoyable.

download.png
good.jpg

Cornbread78

Saikano ep.7-9
Seriously, whose next to go? Almost all the main characters are now dead. This show is incredibly depressing and I'm really confused why the constant narrative between death and sex. Even the color and ambiance is dark, gloomy and lustful. (Don't get me started om Fuyumi's husband...) Death, sex, depression, destruction.. everywhere.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
I have seen the latest episodes of Occult;nine and Keijo and I realized I am not as young as I was before. They will be put on the back burner for a rainy day. I think I will have only 4 shows this season, maybe 5 max.
The Raid: Redemption

Pretty awesome fights for sure (the 2 v 1 at the end and the 4 dudes with machetes in the hallway owned) with immensely superior choreography to most Hollywood fare - its good to see a fighting movie where there isn't a cut every half second - but I don't think it can stand up with there with the greats. In fact, I liked Dredd more because when that movie slowed down to talk I didn't get bored. More martial arts movies should include machetes in their fighting tho.

Still excited to watch the sequel.

The Raid series doesn't really kick off until 2 IMO. I don't know if the table scene was in 1 or 2.

/XX/

As part of the ongoing MIPCOM 2016, for an edition in which Japan is the Country of Honour (http://www.mipcom.com/programme/country-of-honour/), there is going to be on Tuesday 18 a conference exclusively dedicated to the Japanese animation industry and hosted by Taito Okiura & Masao Takiyama (most panels are uploaded to the organisation's YouTube channel):

JAPANIMATION OUT OF THE BOX - Conferences
http://www.my-mip.com/en/Sessions/30827/JAPANIMATION-OUT-OF-THE-BOX

In MIPCOM related news; NHK's Keisuke Tsuchihashi said that The Dragon Dentist will air not only at BS Premium but on NHK WORLD too
(at a later date)
, as it shows an article from MIPCOM 2016 PREVIEW magazine presenting yesterday's dinner party at the festival... that attended Hideaki Anno in person.

Cornbread78

Wolf's Rain ep.20
Ahhhhh! That explained a lot. Watching the shamen pull Chiba
out of his coma state, stuck in a dream world
was very well done and was a great scene. I was kinda lost after the last episode, but it all makes sense and the boys are all back together again so the hunt for paradise can continue.

Oh what theres a new Show by Rock!! season? I am so out of the loop. Thought it was just the first season airing on CR since that collaboration with FUNimation.

Oh what theres a new Show by Rock!! season? I am so out of the loop. Thought it was just the first season airing on CR since that collaboration with FUNimation.

New season is airing right now on Crunchyroll. Full season of shorts just finished, and is on Funimation. (It's dubbed and subbed there.)

Shakunetsu no Takkyuu Musume 03

Didn't end the way I wanted it to end, but I get the message they were trying to send and the discovery Agari made about herself. Would have preferred to see the whole match play out, the the match itself was less the point of this episode.

jonjonaug

Kiss Him Not Me 2: The audio levels in this episode were really screwed up. It was almost impossible to hear the voices over the music. I'm liking the VA delivery, but I'm pretty sure the animation and sound staff give negative shits about this show.

Quasar

Battery is only slightly better than Tattoo Taboo.

I really liked it. An exception to my normal dislike of sports anime. It may even turn up in my top 10 assuming I vote.

My frustration probably is where it ended. Guess I need to read the source material.

So I got the Escalflowne Kickstarter limited edition in the mail today and it's looking pretty good.

I would just like to point out that the certificate is celebrating Escaflowne's 10th anniversary when it first aired in 1996.

Kiss Him Not Me 2: The audio levels in this episode were really screwed up. It was almost impossible to hear the voices over the music. I'm liking the VA delivery, but I'm pretty sure the animation and sound staff give negative shits about this show.

?? That's very odd. My wife and I just watched it on Sunday and I don't recall any issues.

March comes in like a Lion 2

Now, on one hand, I like how these new characters, comedically or not, basically force themselves into Rei's life. It further shows that Rei is focused on being withdrawn.

On the other hand, I didn't really connect to any of these characters. When this episode was finished, I didn't feel like I knew any of them, or that I knew Rei much more either. The first episode really did a really good job of showing Rei's depression, but that latter part of this episode just went over it again in more plain less fluid terms.

I also question the decision to actually break the episodes into chapters. I'm not sure if it's actually showing where a chapters breaks in the manga, or not, but it's just odd to me.

Now, on one hand, I like how these new characters, comedically or not, basically force themselves into Rei's life. It further shows that Rei is focused on being withdrawn.

On the other hand, I didn't really connect to any of these characters. When this episode was finished, I didn't feel like I knew any of them, or that I knew Rei much more either. The first episode really did a really good job of showing Rei's depression, but that latter part of this episode just went over it again in more plain less fluid terms.

I also question the decision to actually break the episodes into chapters. I'm not sure if it's actually showing where a chapters breaks in the manga, or not, but it's just odd to me.

My problem was the comedy, it felt too zany and silly with these new guys. I hadn't thought about it before but you're right that they sort of pop in and beyond a basic shtick I don't really know any of them. I did enjoy the back half of the episode more than you did it sounds like, but I agree that it kinda feels like it's treading water and not really doing too much new.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
The Raid 2

Extremely long in the tooth but better cinematography and better shot. The last hour fucking owned.

That baseball kid! THAT BASEBALL KID!!! It has an almost video-gamey set up to its plot with minibosses then a final boss that I really wish more series would pick up. The first season of Daredevil used it and that season was fantastic. Besides it, I can't really think of any other media that has this kind of plot structure.

Magical Girl Raising Project 3

Another episode exploring the dynamics of everything. Seems like we're going to get into the action side of things more starting next episode. Ruler's plan is obviously not going to work on Snow White, but I'm looking forward to finally seeing some of the fighting. The Candy Stealing adds another reason for them to go after each other, so things are definitely going to start heating up from here.

Swim Swim is definitely the
little girl whose dream Nemurin was in last episode
. Between that and Sou, they're definitely hitting home the fact that anyone of any age or gender can be a magical girl in this world. There's definitely a hag in this bunch.

Lerche definitely wanted to push the Monokuma homage/reference with Fav this episode.

psyer

Each chapter in the anime is a chapter in the manga so far.

Sterok

Rise from your grave!

Maho Girls Precure 32

Kotoha is adorable even when she's being embarrassing. I want to follow the adventures of Miss Fairy Hunter. New villain sucks like all the previous ones, but at least Topaz will save the day.

Riko's father knowing their secret is well overdue. More people should be in on the Precure thing seeing how many people know about magic. I'm actually kind of interested in the lore for once. Riko doesn't see her parents enough, and she took out her frustrations on her sister. Not the best at dealing with family. New villain is slightly better, but she's still not great. Odd that the Moonstone spirit activated when they didn't use the Moonstone, but whatever.

Love doesn't usually end well in this series. Miss Fairy Hunter continues to have the most compelling goal. I did chuckle when the Cures just walked away when the bad guy showed up in front of them. And again when he realized the corny speeches power them up. Riko continues to receive the most screen-time. The villains are starting to pile up.

Student council elections are always fun. Especially in this environment. Riko wants a taste of power. #Izayoi2016. Probably a bad idea for her to run though seeing how she probably won't be attending this school next year. Honestly I wish real world elections were a tenth as cordial as this. At least it went better than the last Precure election. Props to glasses guy and his bee spy for probably realizing that if you get rid of that teddy bear you neutralize 2/3 of the Cures. ED focusing on Mofurun is oddly funny.

Movie looks lame. Well, Mofurun will probably like it. Chikurun and Glasses Guy are already the best villains in this show thus far. Of course Chikurun is being blackmailed. Should be interesting having a traitor among them. Angry Mirai is best Mirai. And thank you for not playing the blame game. So Glasses Guy hasn't realized he needs to take out Mofurun. Disappointing. Well at least the fight was good for once.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom