• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2017 |OT| Makes us all rotten

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Aniplex always slowly fills out the list. Some of it is based on when the theater is willing to announce what is coming. It's usually kind of a mess.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
So I went and started reading the 1st volume of Black Clover after having seen episode 1 today. They really fucked up that power reveal in the anime. I didn't have as nearly a problem with the power reveal, even generic, with how it was revealed in the manga.

Spoilers for differences in the 1st episode epilogue

In the manga the book shoots out of the building where all the other grimoires were located. It dislodges a brick to make it out. In the anime they make it seem like it appeared out of nowhere.

The first appearance of the book is ashen and tattered. It looks like a shit tier grimoire. The 5 leaf clover isn't revealed until a page or two afterwards.

They also added those nobleman assholes attacking NotAizen. The Nobleman appeared at the ceremony but never attacked him afterwards.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Aniplex always slowly fills out the list. Some of it is based on when the theater is willing to announce what is coming. It's usually kind of a mess.

This is correct. They did the same for Ordinal Scale as well.

So I went and started reading the 1st volume of Black Clover after having seen episode 1 today. They really fucked up that power reveal in the anime. I didn't have as nearly a problem with the power reveal, even generic, with how it was revealed in the manga.

Spoilers for differences in the 1st episode epilogue

In the manga the book shoots out of the building where all the other grimoires were located. It dislodges a brick to make it out. In the anime they make it seem like it appeared out of nowhere.

The first appearance of the book is ashen and tattered. It looks like a shit tier grimoire. The 5 leaf clover isn't revealed until a page or two afterwards.

They also added those nobleman assholes attacking NotAizen. The Nobleman appeared at the ceremony but never attacked him afterwards.

Yeah I noticed a couple changes like that too. I dunno that it really botches anything, imo, as it's so generic to begin with that I feel like it barely matters.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Yeah I noticed a couple changes like that too. I dunno that it really botches anything, imo, as it's so generic to begin with that I feel like it barely matters.

It's the difference for me between

"Out of nowhere"

and

"Completely out of nowhere"

Urahara 1

N-nice try? At least the backgrounds and colors are good?

You can tell the indie spirit of director Amica Kubo, but it doesn't transition to a full-length series at all. The vibrant art design contrasts painfully with the limp and lifeless direction. As far as indie directors trying their hand at a full-length TV series goes, Soubi Yamamoto did a better job with Meganebu. This is just too rough to sit through. And they're making 24 episodes of this?

TsukiPro Episode 1
DLVmmMCWkAA711s.jpg:small
DLVmmMEXcAA8qKg.jpg:small

Bring on more Soara! Awesome designs all around!

Im glad the previous groups are still around/mentioned SixGravity Procellarum, SolidS.

klaushm

It's the difference for me between

"Out of nowhere"

and

"Completely out of nowhere"

It gets worse, and then better.

The author had a bad case of speeding up things, as he did with Hungry Joker. Most of this, I think, is due to the fear of cancelation (totally a guess, based on the stars alignment). As I said, afterwards the pacing gets better and the characters/history makes more sense.

I actually thought they couldn't outdo Naruto's/Goku's/Luffy's crappy voice, but low and behold Asta came in and put things into perspective.

Love is Like a Cocktail

Is this show just watching the cute wife get drunk?

Who wants to watch someone drink?

Who wants to be the sober person?

Knights and Magic 1-13

May have been the only CGI mech show I liked because I can't remember any others.

I just wish it wasn't a blasted isekai. I did really like the whole development stuff of the mechs and the main evil dude's designs though.

Cornbread78

HxH ep.10-12
This trial was dragging a little, but that was a pretty fun ending to the third trial. Gon is a pretty good MC and this group is fun to watch..
Hey, at least old man got to feel up the girl, lol

Magical Circle GuruGuru 12

I love this show so much.

I was entranced by it when I noticed that it had an old fashion art style from a bygone era. I tend to miss the party members everytime they depart. This time Juju and the dark lady (I think it was RunRun?) I mean Nike finally looked cool for once even.

Pacing is pretty brisk taking into mind of the older version of this show.

Cornbread78

Love is Like a Cocktail

Is this show just watching the cute wife get drunk?

Who wants to watch someone drink?

Who wants to be the sober person?

Dudes got it made. She works and makes all the money. He can just play games all day and just make her dinner and get her drunk...

Gundam SEED Destiny - 16

I can't hate Shinn for doing what he did. Him going out of his way to save a bunch of random civvies tied into him being in a similar position and not wanting to repeat the mistake that cost his parents and sister's life.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Gundam SEED Destiny - 16

I can't hate Shinn for doing what he did. Him going out of his way to save a bunch of random civvies tied into him being in a similar position and not wanting to repeat the mistake that cost his parents and sister's life.

Shinn is a piece of shit and has no right to pilot a dangerous weapon like a Gundam.

daveo42

Banned
Black Clover 1

I guess I can see why some people might like this based solely on the end. The rest of the episode was just plain bad. Hell, the ending was super clichéd as well. Asta's voice doesn't help either with the yelling and growling and the "I'm a shounen protagonist, dammit" slant.

I might watch episode 2 if I can stomach the tropes and Asta.

Eusis

Black Clover 1

Yeah, Asta has one of the most annoying performances I've ever heard, made me think of an angry chicken half the time. And I've seen enough for this to be blatantly formulaic.

Sölf

Danganronpa 3
And now, I am done with this. Danganronpa V3 next!

Anyways, I actually really liked this. Which makes me probably one of two people on this entire forum who liked it. There were basically only a few things I really did not like:

1.) Episode 7 of the Future side: Ultra Despair Girls.
While it was probably the most Danganronpa like thing they did, Monaca flying into space just made all of UDG feel completely unneccessary in retrospect. The only "relevant" thing that is still left is probably the relationship between Komaru and Toko, but overall, this ending was completely unsatisfying.
2.) Kirigiri.
She should have stayed dead. While I have to admit that it was teased at several point throughout the show that she would survive, I still did not like it.
The victory just felt too clean, even with all the things that happened. It also meant all of the DR1 cast really did have plot armor.
3.) The final episode: Hope.
While I overall did like it, Naegi in the end just felt unneeded. Which begs the question why he was even there, because the Class 77 students basically ended the whole tragedy, while Naegi did exactly nothing in the end.
And unless I remember it wrong, this basically was supposed to be a end for his story arc, but this end also felt like, overall, nothing really happened.

I still likd it though. Much better I would have thought after all those reactions back then. Also, all OPs and EDs are awesome. <3

Kickz

Digimon Adventure Tri Dub ep 3

Mimi comin on a little strong on Izzy, this is probably gonna end in tears for the poor sap.

For note, the dub is doing 4 eps in one chunk, but you can tell when one ep begins by the 20 minute structure of events.

New Game!! S2 Ep. 3

TzLDADF.png

So happy this season has a lot more of the best girl <3

Nene is so much more bearable now. I really like the student - mentor relationship she started to develop with Umiko. I can totally relate to Aoba. I hated being in meetings where I felt like I had nothing to add and it made me feel really stupid. Sometimes I would try and force something and it would make me feel even dumber.

Lol at Rin getting jealous of Hifumi. They're really pushing the yuri angle with these two hard.

Aaaaaand now I wanna make games u_u

Digimon Adventure Tri Dub ep 3

Mimi comin on a little strong on Izzy, this is probably gonna end in tears for the poor sap.

For note, the dub is doing 4 eps in one chunk, but you can tell when one ep begins by the 20 minute structure of events.

Man you can see where he popped a boner for the first time

daveo42

Banned
Juni Taisen 1

Knew it'd be violent going in, but good lord that was more than I expected. I want more and more and more and...

Clov

Trying to get some reservations for the Fate/Apocrypha cafe, but I can't seem to make more than one application for some reason. Using Google translate it says that the schedule has reached it's maximum capacity, but I don't know if that's right. Did they just cap the amount of applications?

That's pretty different from the Animate Cafe. I hope I can make some more applications for that week in case my first one doesn't work out, I really want to get in as soon as I can... I guess I'll try more after work.

Top Bottom