• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2017 |OT| Makes us all rotten

That's on me. I read it as "Why would they pay somebody to write about anime?"

A specific joke about me rather than the profession itself is, for some reason...totally fine with me.

Having said that, I'll never see Some Nobody as my username. Just a lame joke some mod played because their real life is pathetic and they need to exert control in some part of their life.

Jeez they can change your username like that? Wth? What was it before?

Ascheroth

Somebody.
I have no idea. Try bugging duckroll to change it back. Unless it was duckroll. In any case, just say you like Sword of the Stranger and BONES. And don't mention Eureka Seven Ao. Godspeed.

Some Nobody

Yeah someone posted a random article about Bloodborne that was...less than kind, and because it was a contributor article they changed it to being about "Some Nobody". I thought that was kinda shitty and said so, so they changed my name too. In case you're wondering, I wasn't the writer, but for obvious reasons I don't think its cool to just trash someone's work like that outside of very specific circumstances (racism, sexism, homo/transphobia).

Doesn't matter. GAF's problem with mod abuse has never sat well with me, but I'm fine with the name at this point lol.

The least he could be done was say hi. He doesn't have it in him to even do that.

Like I said. Walking trash dump, lol. I wanna complain that Sarada gives Boruto so much shit but comparatively Boruto's living in heaven so she deserves to bust his chops for being such a brat.

Urahara 01

0kDRHD-T8Eoy5DbDIdjlRdcZJmQ=.gif

phaze

Does anyone know if that Tokyo Ghoul live action film is any good? Seems like so many live action anime adaptations are bad that I’m hesitant if I wanna go see it in theatres or not.

Dunno how much stock you want to put in them but the reviews paint it as fairly serviceable. Though from pv's, it looked pretty cheap to me. One good thing is that they're just adapting the first three volumes/Mado arc.

Qurupeke

Zaregoto [END]
I did not see any of this coming. I had my own theories for the conclusion, but it's like Nisio aimed for the most bizarre one. I really feel like a fool and I think that's pretty much what the show wanted to achieve. Just wow. I'm not used to Nisioisin's work, besides the Monogatari series, but the dialogues and the writing of the series seem like the most representative of him. Like an amalgamation of his style, his preferences and his writing quirks. It's really impressive. Zaregoto seemed like something that tried to be clever and failed, but in the end it was clever. Its mystery is very nicely paced and works really well and , even though some of the situations aren't exactly normal and the viewer can only assume why the characters do certain things
(like why did they leave the murderer alone...?)
, everything unfolds in interesting ways that only manage to keep the viewer even more engrossed.

The last episode was full of visual metaphors and a certain playfulness with what is fake and what is true. Shaft outdid themselves, maybe it was a bit on the nose, but I really enjoyed the crazy stuff they pulled for it. Funnily enough, maybe because the budget wasn't enough, this was also "cheap" in Shaft's way, with clever stills and a lot of distant shots.

The series is a must for people who enjoyed Monogatari. It has its own set of unique characters with extravagant personalities, but in an entirely different setting. It's a surprisingly good show.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Boruto - 21
Poor Sarada. She finally meets her dad and is practically dismissed almost immediately.

You can't even blame the Bort writers for that part because I believe that's the part Kishimoto wrote.

zulux21

They've made the best anime ever, Kanon 2006, though!

Ugu~

kanon would have been so much better if the females didn't all use stupid sounds to end sentences :/

at least Air only had one of those Gao~ gao gao gao~

and thankfully clannad mostly did away with that crap as well.

List of false AnimeGAFers
  1. PshycoNinja

I am the most real AnimeGAFer you will ever meet.

I love KyoAni, but not all of their shows are great as Pschyco says.

As I clarified above, I said most of them are great. Everyone has the one KyoAni show they don't like as much as the others.

They've made the best anime ever, Kanon 2006, though!

You misspelled Clannad. :p

Especially some of their LN adaptations.

The Chuni one was okay. BtB is great.

e_i

Made in Abyss episode 13

What a totally EVIL motherfucker. I hope he dies brutally.
Also, I cried like a little girl.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I briefly considered posting a Shimoneta gif in the "'Love' is not an ingredient, rules the FDA" thread before I decided I like my posting privileges.

zulux21

Clannad is top 100.
After Story is top 10.

How do you know they weren't just fakes created by the Matrix?

by my MAL the best clannad can be for me is top 265 :p aka start of my 7/10 series.

the worst after story can be is 107, or as high as 23 thus top 50 for me is actually putting it above a number of other 9/10 series for me :p

petran79

Banned
Succumbed and watched the Birdy Decode series, when I should have stopped at the 90s OVA.

Series adds basically useless filler and side characters, silly fashion background for Birdy, completely ignores Tsutomu's family and character design is much worse and lifeless. Story has not much to do with the OVA,as Gomez and his employer appear very briefly.

I liked the episodes of the first season, taking place in the alien planet. Series shined only there. Second season went overboard with violence and even then that violence had nothing of the charm and thrill of the OVA.

If they had to follow the newer manga in plot,then I pass. Preferred the more sinister villains in the OVA

The animated sequences were crazy in some episodes,especially the fights in the second season. But few seconds cant save a series. Thats a trend with many newer series unfortunately.

Cornbread78

by my MAL the best clannad can be for me is top 265 :p aka start of my 7/10 series.

the worst after story can be is 107, or as high as 23 thus top 50 for me is actually putting it above a number of other 9/10 series for me :p

Simply put, more people need to watch Clannad.

Man that first episode of UQ Holder! was actually pretty fantastic and I was not expecting the level of violence in the second half.

I was a bit confused about some of the timeline stuff as it's been ages since I saw that Negima final OVA but this looks very promising so far.

Will be watching Shokugeki later and am super excited!

Some Nobody

Man that first episode of UQ Holder! was actually pretty fantastic and I was not expecting the level of violence in the second half.

I was a bit confused about some of the timeline stuff as it's been ages since I saw that Negima final OVA but this looks very promising so far.

Will be watching Shokugeki later and am super excited!

UQ Holder
actually gets pretty violent because most of its characters are immortal
. They even eventually
start playing it for laughs later on

Kansoku

URAHARA - 1

Wat.

I'm generally quite fond of weird stuff (and boy is this weird), but this was a little too much. It reminds me of Rolling☆Girls (which I enjoyed) but worse. I think the two things that killed it to me was the pacing, which was all over the place, and the dialog, which felt soulless, mechanical.

ED and OP were nice tho.

Top Bottom