• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2017 |OT| Makes us all rotten

DNAbro

So I've watched exactly zero episodes of Dragon ball Super up to this point but

Dragon ball Super 109-110

That was fun to watch. Jiren seems just a wee bit too op. I should watch the whole show eventually.

Thud

That was fun to watch. Jiren seems just a wee bit too op. I should watch the whole show eventually.

I could never jump in just somewhere lol.

Is Bungo worth watching? IIRC the second season is rated somewhat highly in here.

Some people don’t like it, but I adore Bungo Stray Dogs. The visual direction and especially the sound direction - both the use of sound effects and Taku Iwasaki’s soundtrack - are excellent. The first four episodes of season 2 are a flashback arc with a somewhat different style, and they are generally what is most liked from the show, but the rest of the show has a lot to like about it as well.

Aki-at

Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 - 5

I've watched too many disaster series where the nice people always end up being some sort of backstabbing criminals trying to sell the main characters organs that it was refreshing to see an actual old couple that want to help people out.

I almost teared up when the old man told the story of his grandchildren. Feels bad.

I did the same, though it was from the episode where Goku helps revive Freeza and continued from there. Can't watch 90 odd episodes to catch up where everyone else is.

DNAbro

There was enough hype in my Twitter timeline last night that it made me want to watch it. Usually would never do this. I just wanted to see Goku's new form.

Also thanks to twitter I had a pretty good idea of where the plot was cause people tweet about it every week.

Thud

Definitely a contenter for anime of the year. I feel Pingu might come on top tho.

I did the same, though it was from the episode where Goku helps revive Freeza and continued from there. Can't watch 90 odd episodes to catch up where everyone else is.
I watched super since the start hehe. Although I need to catch up a few weeks worth of episodes.

mankoto

Dragon Ball Super 104
My boy Hit putting in work.
Also, I thought the Super Saiyan God form required the ritual to turn into. I guess not?

Dragon Ball Super 105
A full episode of Master Roshi. Not bad. Not bad at all.

Rinn-ne s3 Episode 5

The peeping ball adds so much to this season of Rin-ne, so many funny plots from it and the swirling eyes is amazing.

Also I still love whenever we have Rokudou's dad plots, I still wish he'd do something fatherly sometimes for his son.

Thud

Dragon Ball Super 104
My boy Hit putting in work.
Also, I thought the Super Saiyan God form required the ritual to turn into. I guess not?

Dragon Ball Super 105
A full episode of Master Roshi. Not bad. Not bad at all.

The next episode is the worst one since the tournament lol.

How to handle Narag.

fo94733m9ok4.gif

mankoto

Dynamic Chord - 01
Can't find a nice thing to say about this one. It's really boring and has no energy anywhere. Even when they decide to show music performances, it's stiff, tons of repeated shots, and lip syncing may as well not exist.

Land of the Lustrous - 01
On the exact opposite of things, this show show is pretty awesome and I can't wait to see where it goes.

duckroll

ID-0 - Episode 1-3

This is a pretty weird show. It reminds me of a lot of stuff from the late 90s and early 00s - like Infinite Ryvius, Candidate for Goddess, Nadesico, etc. Weird space setting, cool quirky designs, a cast with a lot of personality, but a script that is more interested in having humorous or immediate conflicts scene to scene instead of building up a mystery slowly. It feels packed and kinda random at times, but there's an energy there which a Taniguchi show hasn't had for a long while now. Animation's really good too. CG for the win.

ID-0 - Episode 1-3

This is a pretty weird show. It reminds me of a lot of stuff from the late 90s and early 00s - like Infinite Ryvius, Candidate for Goddess, Nadesico, etc. Weird space setting, cool quirky designs, a cast with a lot of personality, but a script that is more interested in having humorous or immediate conflicts scene to scene instead of building up a mystery slowly. It feels packed and kinda random at times, but there's an energy there which a Taniguchi show hasn't had for a long while now. Animation's really good too. CG for the win.

ID-0 does build up a mystery slowly over the course of its run, though what that mystery is is not immediately obvious. But you're right to draw the comparison to Infinite Ryvius, which Kuroda also wrote. This definitely hearkens back to that time period of Taniguchi's career.

trejo

Juni Taisen 1

I don't know what I disliked more about this. The painfully try-hard vibes that just ooze from its every orifice in a sad, sad attempt to come across as edgy as possible or the absolutely wretched character designs that feel like something I would've drawn up when I was fourteen and going through a phase.

I don't think I've been this thoroughly repulsed by a premise and/or a cast in a long while.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DJ3ah98XUAAx4Hb.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DJ3ajXoW0AMeIBD.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DJ3aknAXoAE_hjj.jpg[IMG]

What I thought of[/QUOTE]

Watching shounen battle series instead of cute girls doing cute things and idol shows.

[IMG]https://abload.de/img/1507313166286mhzgi.gif

pbayne

Rage of Bahamut VS 10

Those Jeanne and FAVARO backstories were pretty great, maybe better than anything in the first season?. Show is really picking. Lots more emotion, bigger stakes, its really motoring Maybe the angels plot is the only part that drags a bit.

Super has been an exercise in saying fuck it to power level nerds and Jiren is just the icing on the cake in being stronger then the Gods of Destruction and he just narrows his eyes to make explosions

Super has been an exercise in saying fuck it to power level nerds and Jiren is just the icing on the cake in being stronger then the Gods of Destruction and he just narrows his eyes to make explosions

the issue is look at the bullshit excuses they have to make so Goku can stand a fighting chance.

And his design and 'morality' of neutral good seem so god damn boring. It's a buff grey alien in skin tights.

the issue is look at the bullshit excuses they have to make so Goku can stand a fighting chance.

And his design and 'morality' of neutral good seem so god damn boring. It's a buff grey alien in skin tights.

Jirens design is weird, I dunno why they based it off a typical Grey alien for the strongest mortal and put him in a super sentai team.

The ultra instinct stuff Goku pulls so he has a chance idk what to think about yet. Since all the Angels and Gods of Destruction seemed to be shocked but the Kai didn't know what was going on I'm gonna assume it's the leap that lets a mortal be a God of Destruction because I don't think they are born divine since they are all different species. Maybe Jiren hit that a while ago. Introducing a bunch of different multiverses pretty much gives them carte blanche for whatever, where a few mortals in other universes could be on Gokus level. Pretty much just Hit, Jiren and Kale

Jirens design is weird, I dunno why they based it off a typical Grey alien for the strongest mortal and put him in a super sentai team.

The ultra instinct stuff Goku pulls so he has a chance idk what to think about yet. Since all the Angels and Gods of Destruction seemed to be shocked but the Kai didn't know what was going on I'm gonna assume it's the leap that lets a mortal be a God of Destruction because I don't think they are born divine since they are all different species

And now the question is what the relationship between Jiren and It is. Because it doesn't seem like it's just a mentor/tutor one. Seems sketchy as fuck.

Some Nobody

Super has been an exercise in saying fuck it to power level nerds

No, it hasn't. It's just done what DBZ's always done and not cared about its own rules. Which is why I never really care about the fact that you can drive a fucking truck through its plot holes. The writers don't care, so why should I? Having said that...

Dragon Ball Super 109-110

It's always a good day when I can see someone beat Goku's ass.

Dragon Ball Supers, Episodes 109-110 - It actually lived up to the hype! That was the most surprising thing of all. Really good episode. Outside of Toei bringing their A-Game with the fight, I think what I liked most is Beerus showing full range of emotions here. Being happy that Goku is alive but conflicted over how strong he's getting.

Low key I am surprised Magus Bride blew up on Reddit. Didn't think it would garner much attention because it isn't a action anime or isekai.

I guess the thirst is real especially among manga readers.

Edit: It seems like most of the shows I am watching are on Friday and Saturday. Recently it seems like One Piece has been an addiction for me.

And now the question is what the relationship between Jiren and It is. Because it doesn't seem like it's just a mentor/tutor one. Seems sketchy as fuck.

Even if Jiren is physically stronger then the Clown, it shouldn't really matter because the God of Destruction still has the ability to eradicate your existence, up to a certain point probably. Doubt it works on divine beings

mankoto

Kino no Tabi - 01
From my understanding, this is a reboot, so it's safe to jump aboard, right? I kinda liked it. Might go back and watch the others when this season is over. Also is there a reason why his motorcycle can talk or is it just how it is?

Is Dragon Ball Super any good or is it basically a guilty pleasure for everyone?

I really like it when it's in-between arcs developing it's characters, that said when the action does happen, it's more Dragon Ball for me which is okay for me. It's better than GT though. If you've seen Battle of Gods and Resurrection of F you can skip the first 30 or so episodes iirc.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Kino no Tabi - 01
From my understanding, this is a reboot, so it's safe to jump aboard, right? I kinda liked it. Might go back and watch the others when this season is over. Also is there a reason why his motorcycle can talk or is it just how it is?

Yes.

Just how it is.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Dragon Ball Super Episode 109-110:

There we go, there is the red meat that the fanbase craves so very much and also the reason Dragonball is never escaping its power creep problems because this is what Dragonball has become every solution boils down to power levels even if they don't call it that anymore.

Kino no Tabi - 01
Kino is an episodic series, so it's pretty safe to jump in at almost any point. The original series and OVA covers some of Kino's origins and backstory if you wanna go back for that and this new series will readapt some episodes that introduce certain characters so you won't be left out.

And yes, it is an accepted fact in the universe that some motorcycles can talk. There are stranger things happening in some of the other countries that Kino visits.

Top Bottom