• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2017 |OT| Makes us all rotten

XAL

New Dragon Ball Super episode.

sad_jon_snow.gif

Clov

The Reflection 12

This episode felt way too drawn out. I really enjoyed episode 10, but 11 and 12 made for a bit of a limp finish. Definitely not my favorite Nagahama work, though it had some interesting episodes in the middle at least. Still, I'm glad that Nagahama tried something new.

What's with him and cliffhanger endings that will likely never be resolved, though?

Land of the Lustrous 01

I was slightly turned off when I first saw PVs of this and honestly wasn't sure about this show. Glad I gave it a chance. Maybe I just have a extremely high tolerance for bad CG but I honestly didn't find much to dislike about how the characters looked considering they are effectively livings gems except for the antagonist and their master. I enjoyed how they're naturally teaching the audience about the world without it being info-dumpy boring.

Phos is a lovable idiot and must be protected. Or broken, whichever is cuter.

Yuki Yuna 01

I need to find this website. Otherwise great episode, bit of a downer since I know things are going to go to shit real hard soon.

LL Sunshine S2 01

My other gang of lovable idiots has returned.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Wow these girls have been literally objectified into gems.

I have to wonder if CR and Funi did any type of preparation in advance for the Super special, given the amount of downtime we've had and the fact that this isn't the first time Super has crashed CR.

Sterok

Aikatsu Stars 76

That's the new op? Eh, I'm not really feeling it. Maybe we'll get a surprise replacement. So, the much hyped Aria. I guess she's okay. Her being spacey is a bit funny, but I'm going to need more time for her to endear to me. So she's from Finland. Is it a requirement for all idols to know Japanese? Or is she Japanese and was just living in Finland? And why was friggin Hime Shiratori in Finland a decade ago? For better or worse I don't think she's the next Akari, which I'm fine with. The stage for her song is neat, but the song didn't grab me. And now she has wings? Going a bit far shilling the new girl show. That means one of Rei or Ako isn't getting wings. Rei needs to be hyped up, so bad omen for best Aikatsu. That song for the ed. The animation is cute, but still not fond of the song. Please don't mishandle Aria.

So I previously tried out VRV earlier this year back in like April but cancelled after realizing how slim their Funimation collection was. Since signing back up this pack week, they've really added a whole lot more titles. They finally got more of the backlog like Trigun, Claymore, and Hellsing Ultimate.

The only real glaring omission now is the lack of One Piece. No DBZ either but the vanilla Z is pretty bad.

Hamst3r

Heybort! - END - So. Uh...I mean, yeah. Okay.

Well that was an experience. Brain-melting is right.

Guy: Double Target - I either forgot what this was or didn't notice that it said hentai on it and laughed pretty hard when the sex scene kept escalating, culminating in a side-view internal penetration shot. WELL THEN. But that was it. After that it went back to just being an action show.

Tanya the Evil - 05 - Did they make Viktoriya so weird looking so that Tanya wouldn't be the weirdest looking character in the show? That aside, I'm into this.

Salamander - Haven't watched it yet, I was just surprised there was a Gradius anime.

Also digging the new Matsu Bros. and Gintama. Both were amazing!

RedEther

Welcome to the Ballroom 14

We finally get see some character development for Chinatsu this episode with the introduction of a new character Akira.

I like that you can start to see Tatara is already changing depending who he's partnered up with. Overall good episode and I can't wait for next weeks episode.

Quasar

Blade Runner 2049 - Really liked it. Definitely a worthy successor to what I'd say is my favourite sf film. Not perfect though...really missed Vangelis, and I didnt much like Gosling or Leto. Ford was great though.

Dragon Ball Super 109

Uhh what the fuck how does Ribrianne's teammates powering her up from outside the ring not count as outside assistance? Unless its just for show and didnt actually do anything.

But then the people that are out on Goku's team give him power for a spirit bomb so what the fuck

Dragon Ball Super 110

Based Naoki fucking Tate

daveo42

Banned
Dragon Ball Super 109-110

That's how you do an hour long special.

Dragon Ball Super 109

Uhh what the fuck how does Ribrianne's teammates powering her up from outside the ring not count as outside assistance? Unless its just for show and didnt actually do anything.

But then the people that are out on Goku's team give him power for a spirit bomb so what the fuck

Here's your reason:
DDq_F5q_YVw_AAKZay.jpg

Kickz

Digimon Adventure Tri Dub ep 8

Well damn, we Mega level now out of nowhere, good to see Joe finally break out of the emo/quarter life crisis mode.
Damn now to wait until December for next arc of dubs.=\
Good job by the dub team bringing most of the dub cast along with digimon evolution voices,
maybe its the nostalgia but this was alot more watchable than the subbed version.

Mulgrok

id-0

watched the first 3 episodes

story is a trainwreck

It contradicts itself in the first episode, making what happens illogical in a bad way.
The main protagonist's central conflict is resolved off screen before episode 2 begins with no explanation, but the story acts like it is unresolved.
3rd episode stuff happens with no setup.

It isn't even entertaining bad, like Neo Yokio kind of is, just confusing and boring.

Jotakori

Ancient Magus Bride ep1

Pretty interesting so far, I look forward to seeing where this one goes. Really like the music to it, too.
I hope they explain the world setup a bit more as it goes, though. I felt a bit lost trying to understand the context for everything.

Kekkai Sensen & Beyond ep1

Oh no.... this is a super obvious step down from anything from the first season. Art, animation, and music were all super lovely of course, but the story telling and how they present everything just felt like it was trying way too hard.
I hope it's just an awkward start, and once it gets into its stride it'll smooth out and be super good. Cuz, man, I'm gonna be hella disappointed if this season just ends up spending the entire time chasing after season 1 jfld;asd
But dang, I knew I felt nervous for a reason when season two was announced.. D:

pbayne

ID-0

It ends a lot better than it starts imo. That last third where the main antognist and his conflict with one of the main characters is pushed to the fore is pretty strong. I still think it has serious pacing issues and tires to cram way too much in and yet dosent focus on anything in particular enough. For example i found the majority of the characters decent(except Maya) but not particularly engaging until the last third or so. The themes the show brings again are interesting but are only lightly touched upon as plot moves at a million miles an hour.

Overall its a solid good but not great.

Tsurezure Children

Like injecting pure sugar into your blood

Quasar

Twocar 1 - the logical next step after bicycles and motorbikes. Kind of ashame this all we can get for girls sports anime, club shows in sport clothing.

New Natsume always makes me happy.

Ascheroth

Is this what happened? I was very confused and and surprised there was another work so similar to this lol. The first one is where the school form like 5 person teams and one team member gets to be the king for the day, right? Or is that something completely different? It's been quite a few years since I've read it.

As for this anime, the writing is really bad and it's really hard to get into it.
I just remembered what you were talking about.
That manga is called Kingdom Game. Close enough :p

Bones panel @ Machiasobi

https://twitter.com/liborek3
- Production of AICO has already finished (A studio).
- New original title in works for Spring 2018 (reveal in Dec)
- Yet another original title is in developement for Spring 2019.
- BBB&B #1 used 9800 animation drawings.
- Takuya Igarashi solo storyboarded the Bungo movie.
- Second season of Space Dandy will happen if Minami finds a treasure.

Thanks Netflix for give Bones time and yay, more Bones originals lol.

Two Car 01

I have never heard of this racing style but boy does it look more dangerous for the sidecar girl than the driver.

Blend S 01

MY eyes see this as a sillier version of Working! and that's ok with me because I liked that show and I enjoyed this first episode.

pbayne

Rage of Bahamut VS 1-5

Might as well watch this before my prime membership runs out in a few weeks lol
I think Mina is a bit at odds wit the darker stroryline but she is fun enough that im not too bothered by it and i like the angle of the naive trump card stuck in the middle of everyone else. Its alright so far not really swelling up about it or anything..Get FAVARO! on screen asap

Jex

Kino's Journey -the Beautiful World- the Animated Series 01

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa how do people put up with hideous crap like this? Nonsensical editing that feels like it's jerking you around. Blown out color choices. Awful image composition, like some of the worst I've seen all year. Misaligned perspective because of flat character work and poorly executed background work. Horrible issues with scale. Insane levels of blur that only emphasize the sloppy planning. And the work with shadows is just maddening.

Tons of weird continuity stuff too. Maybe there are explanations for some of these things but they just seem....bad. How is the bike upstairs at the inn? Is it magical? Is it imaginary? Did it vroom up the stairs? There are landscape shots that cut in and people are positioned in different places, or people not drawn in the landscape suddenly appear. Even the dumb meeting with passing travelers seems like it takes place in almost exactly the same spot but small pieces of the environment are jumbled around. This is the kind of background work that makes you wonder if the artist has even been outside. The artistic incompetence is just wildly distracting and the story is poorly paced and lacking any substance or drama.
Ah, there's the language which I was searching for to describe my own reaction to this episode.

I didn't find it quite as repulsive as you clearly did, but just about everything seemed 'off' by some noticeable degree.

Top Bottom