• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avatar Community |OT| Live. Die. Repeat.

Even though they completely butchered the landing with Amon, I still enjoyed the character in every episode until the last.

Zaheer was good too though. That very first breakout scene was goddam incredible.

when you base your expectations only on what you see

you blind yourself from the possibilities of a new reality

I'm trying to decide whether to give you guys Korra or Asami next.

The thing is that I am trying figure out is when is the precise moment Asami joins. She is part of the equalist conflict and a player in the story early on. However, I see her as somewhat like the toph character, who joins AFTER the initial group of Korra Mako and Bolin are established. Just as a matter of pacing, I feel it'd be better to have someone come in to shake things up, and the show didn't really have room to do so since 4 main characters, plus tenzin who pretty much is that too, is plenty, while not even including all the side characters like tenzins family. Alternatively, I could have Asami join early like the show has it and hope the group would be entertaining enough on it's own. Maybe I can have a different character join later on, like Opal, since she was...basically a part of team avatar, but not really. Sort of like Suki.

What about Tahno as the Toph character.

Florida Man done fucked around and did it

tumblr_nt4gdvFKar1u9w6dio1_1280.jpg

Hamlet

Looking forward to picking this up next month

Bryan
Today I came back from a nice lunch with Mike to find a box of *B E A U T I F U L* advance copies of the fourth and final The Legend of Korra: Art of the Animated Series book from Dark Horse. I am thrilled with how it turned out and can’t wait for people to be able to get these in just a few weeks. For me, it is like having a nice family photo album that gives me the warm fuzzies. Thanks to everyone whose incredible work is showcased within.

I did the cover with help from Lauren Montgomery, Melissa King, and William Nanqing Niu. It’s taken me a while to warm up to spot gloss treatments, but I actually asked for it on this cover, and I’m really happy with how it came out. I hope you all enjoy it too! (Plush Naga not included, although those are available from Dark Horse too.)

Veelk

Banned
I have zero interest in the TLA comics. TLA is a precious commodity that can actually be ruined by the continuity that happens in the comics. LoK, on the other hand, is heavily damaged goods. Comics can't do worse to it than what it did to itself.

I have zero interest in the TLA comics. TLA is a precious commodity that can actually be ruined by the continuity that happens in the comics. LoK, on the other hand, is heavily damaged goods. Comics can't do worse to it than what it did to itself.

I'm actually interested in the Korra comics for this exact reason. The writing can only get better!

Or it'll stay the same.

Jacob

I basically agree, but I just mentally block out the existing comics when I watch or think about ATLA. Actually I do the same thing with Korra's Avatar State lore. The original series still stands strong on its own.

Bryan fucked up.
Bryan Konietzko said:
tumblr_ntgqqdN60k1rptk5lo1_540.jpg

UPDATE: Wow, I’m really out of it. I reblogged the wrong post for this update. I blame the heat. Anyway, the following was meant to be in regard to this post:

Due to me not being fully clued in, and also to me jumping the gun on posting this without getting the official release information, I was not aware that the LOK complete DVD/Blu-ray series is currently only planned as an international release (non-U.S.), starting with Australia on November 15th. I don’t know what other territories will follow after that, or if or when the U.S. might get this release. I’m sorry for my part in spreading the misinformation! I was just eager to share the artwork.

I wouldn't have thought that Korra would have a buttchin as a man, but it really does make sense. Liking Lin as a dude too.
Yeah Korra having hyper masculine features as a dude just makes so much sense since she was hyper masculine as a female. Kuvira was more feminine than she was.

Jacob

Picked up a copy of the ATLA poster collection from work using my employee discount and an old gift card I found recently. About half of the images are actual posters/promotional images and the other half are still images/background art from the series proper. Its the latter that really attracted me since it's almost impossible to find high resolution images of the show. Hopefully I can scan some of these in and finally have a cool ATLA wallpaper. Trying to use SD screenshots just doesn't cut it, especially not on my new computer's resolution. I might even hang one or two on my wall, but they're so nice they kinda demand to be framed rather than clumsily shoved in with thumb tacks.

Kinvara

Picked up a copy of the ATLA poster collection from work using my employee discount and an old gift card I found recently. About half of the images are actual posters/promotional images and the other half are still images/background art from the series proper. Its the latter that really attracted me since it's almost impossible to find high resolution images of the show. Hopefully I can scan some of these in and finally have a cool ATLA wallpaper. Trying to use SD screenshots just doesn't cut it, especially not on my new computer's resolution. I might even hang one or two on my wall, but they're so nice they kinda demand to be framed rather than clumsily shoved in with thumb tacks.

I got this too.

Some of the background images are nice but the one I really want to frame and hang up is the Appa poster. haha

Can I get an order of poison with a side of walking in traffic. Yes, I'll just die here.

http://metro.co.uk/2015/09/09/exclu...e-the-last-airbender-2-5381979/#ixzz3lf7rWSOv

2015 has been a bit of a comeback year for M. Night Shyamalan.

Not only has he garnered critical acclaim for the TV series Wayward Pines, starring Matt Dillon and Juliette Lewis – but is back to his thrilling best with new documentary-style horror The Visit.

The director has also confirmed that he will be behind the sequel of Avatar: The Last Airbender, despite the film getting panned worldwide.

The fantasy film starred Noah Ringer as lead Aang, Dev Patel as Prince Zuko, Nicola Peltz as Katara, and Jackson Rathbone as Sokka, but it failed to impress fans of the Emmy-Award winning Nickelodeon show.

However, Shyamalan has exclusively told Metro.co.uk that The Last Airbender 2 won’t be his next project.

‘It takes so long to make those CGI movies,’ Night explained, ‘It’s hard because it takes two/three years and I don’t get to make two of my own movies so there’s always a struggle of choosing someone else’s material over my own.

‘Right now I’m going to go do another one of my own first, another thriller.’

The thriller must be the project scheduled to star filming this November his his hometown of Philadelphia. His leading man from The Village, Joaquin Phoenix, was in negotiations to star in Shyamalans’ new flick.

Let’s hope that worked out!

His latest film, The Visit, tells the story of two kids staying with the grandparents they had never met for a week while their mother (Kathryn Hahn) goes away on holiday. The siblings document their time there only to find that Pop Pop and Nana are not quite what they seem after 9.30pm.

Toa TAK

Banned
That's one of the most amazing things I've ever seen in my life.
Probably one of the best pieces of fan art posted in the thread
Damn straight.
Do it.
Can I get an order of poison with a side of walking in traffic. Yes, I'll just die here.

http://metro.co.uk/2015/09/09/exclu...e-the-last-airbender-2-5381979/#ixzz3lf7rWSOv

2015 has been a bit of a comeback year for M. Night Shyamalan.

Not only has he garnered critical acclaim for the TV series Wayward Pines, starring Matt Dillon and Juliette Lewis – but is back to his thrilling best with new documentary-style horror The Visit.

The director has also confirmed that he will be behind the sequel of Avatar: The Last Airbender, despite the film getting panned worldwide.

The fantasy film starred Noah Ringer as lead Aang, Dev Patel as Prince Zuko, Nicola Peltz as Katara, and Jackson Rathbone as Sokka, but it failed to impress fans of the Emmy-Award winning Nickelodeon show.

However, Shyamalan has exclusively told Metro.co.uk that The Last Airbender 2 won’t be his next project.

‘It takes so long to make those CGI movies,’ Night explained, ‘It’s hard because it takes two/three years and I don’t get to make two of my own movies so there’s always a struggle of choosing someone else’s material over my own.

‘Right now I’m going to go do another one of my own first, another thriller.’

The thriller must be the project scheduled to star filming this November his his hometown of Philadelphia. His leading man from The Village, Joaquin Phoenix, was in negotiations to star in Shyamalans’ new flick.

Let’s hope that worked out!

His latest film, The Visit, tells the story of two kids staying with the grandparents they had never met for a week while their mother (Kathryn Hahn) goes away on holiday. The siblings document their time there only to find that Pop Pop and Nana are not quite what they seem after 9.30pm.
It'll never happen. It can't.

Now I am imagining a kid Kuvira trying on Su's armor in an attempt to imagine herself grown up to be just like her.
Well it definitely fits my views on their relationship. Kuvira modeled numerous parts of her personality off of Su's. They differ in a lot of ways, but I'm not the only person to think that Kuvira idolized Su. Half of Kuvira's rage against Su is just Kuvira just attacking her as a failed idol. I can actually imagine Su walking in on that and saying, "one day you'll get your own armor."

Veelk

Banned
Well it definitely fits my views on their relationship. Kuvira modeled numerous parts of her personality off of Su's. They differ in a lot of ways, but I'm not the only person to think that Kuvira idolized Su. Half of Kuvira's rage against Su is just Kuvira just attacking her as a failed idol. I can actually imagine Su walking in on that and saying, "one day you'll get your own armor."

I should really get back to writing that LoK remake outline

But...school....:/

Top Bottom