• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avatar Community |OT| Live. Die. Repeat.

tumblr_noj1nkvqVm1rwpx30o1_r6_1280.png

tumblr_noj1nkvqVm1rwpx30o4_r8_1280.png

tumblr_noj1nkvqVm1rwpx30o3_r7_1280.png

tumblr_noj1nkvqVm1rwpx30o9_r5_1280.png

tumblr_noj1nkvqVm1rwpx30o2_r11_1280.png

tumblr_noj1nkvqVm1rwpx30o5_r10_1280.png

tumblr_noj1nkvqVm1rwpx30o7_r6_1280.png

Decided on a whim to crack open the art of Book 4. The original concept for the airbender wing-suits was so much cooler than the final product. Konietzko's desire for a more modern look led him to alter the design, which I can understand to an extent, as the robes do look pretty old-fashioned. But the skintight superhero costumes they ended up going with were just awkward.

Decided on a whim to crack open the art of Book 4. The original concept for the airbender wing-suits was so much cooler than the final product. Konietzko's desire for a more modern look led him to alter the design, which I can understand to an extent, as the robes do look pretty old-fashioned. But the skintight superhero costumes they ended up going with were just awkward.

This along with not going with Kuvira's original design makes me wonder what was going through their heads.

Confession: Legend of Korra gave me a fetish for fit/muscular anime girls and this drawing is totally doing it for me. Anyone else have a similar experience?
You're not the only one. I'm actually quite sure Kuvira turned some of the Tumblr fan artists lesbian.

They're both by Nikkipet who made phone wallpaper cersions of her art.

Was going to use this one

But decided on the thirst trap instead
That whole set Nikkipet did is good. If my girl wasn't my wallpaper it would still be Kuvira. I honestly think SSKuvira has the best Korvira concepts cause I think she just lives and breathes that shit, but Nikki and Korraku are tops so far, and I think Ravenbornfighter is getting better too though.

You're not the only one. I'm actually quite sure Kuvira turned some of the Tumblr fan artists lesbian.

Lmao, I've definitely noticed the love for Kuvira. Though I'm still confused by the Korvira shippers. Though considering Korrlok and Korraloq were also ships, I guess I shouldn't be.

Lmao, I've definitely noticed the love for Kuvira. Though I'm still confused by the Korvira shippers. Though considering Korrlok and Korraloq were also ships, I guess I shouldn't be.
Kuvira and Korra actually have shit in common. It's very easy to picture these two getting into a wrestling match before it turns into a full on scissor session. That's actually why I like their fan art so much. They can easily just feed into their competitive natures while at the same time being quite playful.

Kuvira and Korra actually have shit in common. It's very easy to picture these two getting into a wrestling match before it turns into a full on scissor session. That's actually why I like their fan art so much. They can easily just feed into their competitive natures while at the same time being quite playful.

Actually, let me rephrase that. I can understand the ship itself; it's mostly the popularity of it that confuses me. Maybe it's just who I'm following on Tumblr, but I feel like I see almost as much, if not more, fan art for Korvira than I do Korrasami, which, for a one-season villain, is pretty surprising.

Actually, let me rephrase that. I can understand the ship itself; it's mostly the popularity of it that confuses me. Maybe it's just who I'm following on Tumblr, but I feel like I see almost as much, if not more, fan art for Korvira than I do Korrasami, which, for a one-season villain, is pretty surprising.
Seeing more Korvira than Korrasami is the way it should be. I just can't accept Korrasami cause their chemistry just comes off as forced to me.
tumblr_nwscyvqo511qix1c2o3_1280.png

tumblr_nwscyvqo511qix1c2o5_1280.png

tumblr_nwscyvqo511qix1c2o6_1280.png

Pretty much you can see actual relationship building in the fan art, not the whole "wham bam we're a couple" thing that Korrasami actually has going for it.
You should also look for the Laundryverse fanfic, it's Korvira done right in a way more modern setting.

Seeing more Korvira than Korrasami is the way it should be. I just can't accept Korrasami cause their chemistry just comes off as forced to me.

Lmao. No arguments there. Frankly, the chemistry between most of the characters in Legend of Korra felt lacking; Korrasami epitomizes that.

I've never really read fanfics, but I'll look into Laundryverse.

Sokka looks particularly cool in this. And I like Katara's moon spirit vibe. Toph would look a lot better without the boob window. Makes the upper half of the outfit way too busy.

Lmao. No arguments there. Frankly, the chemistry between most of the characters in Legend of Korra felt lacking; Korrasami epitomizes that.

I've never really read fanfics, but I'll look into Laundryverse.
The Krew are complete opposites to Team Urameshi, I loved their interactions. The Krew just come off as a bunch of people that tried to date and are just forced to deal with each other when it comes time to job to the villain and wait for Korra to find a way to eventually win against the villain. Korvira fanfics will eventually lead you down a very perverted path. You better have a high smut tolerance if you want to read the good stuff.

Hey Avatar-GAF.

I'm looking for some fans of the series to beta-read a chapter for the a Korra-fic I'm writing, and I was wondering if any of you would be interested in doing it.

I saw something like this happen in the Writing-GAF thread, so I thought I would try it here.

So, if any of you are interested, post a reply. I'm trying to get some other people's opinions on the chapter so I can make it the best it can be.

Is the fanfic smut or am I supposed to take it seriously?

It's supposed to be somewhat serious. I say somewhat because there are A LOT of references in the story. For example, Chapter 4 has a conversation involving lemons, which ends with Tenzin yelling that he doesn't want any. There's also a lot of humour in the story. For example, there's a car chase where Korra, Lin, and Tenzin, are chasing down robbers, trading banter the entire time.

It sort of has the same tone as the show itself. Comical in some places, serious in others.

Okay. That's great to hear. Thanks for doing it. I'll PM you two either tomorrow or Tuesday with more information, and to try to figure out the best way to get the chapter to you guys.

Korra is on Nicktoons right now if any of you want to watch. I am and it feels so good to watch Korra again. Caught last night's too which was the season 1 finale.

"Happy" Legend of Korra Finale Anniversary! New artwork from Bryan:

Wikipedia tells me the finale was a year ago today. I hope it was a good year for everyone! It was a weird one for me—but ultimately a good one, I think—full of new challenges and adjustments, and plenty of decompressing from the five intense years of making Korra. Thanks to everyone for the continued support of our/my work, old and new. Here is a sneak peek of a thing I drew for a thing. I hope you all have a safe and happy end of the year!

Love, Bryan

Here is a sneak peek of a thing I drew for a thing.

Wonder if it's the series box set.

Top Bottom