• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avatar Community |OT| Live. Die. Repeat.

Wow just making him give a shit about his kids is a huge step up. I'm still not even sure who's a worse dad, him or Ozai. I mean at least Ozai tried to raise his kids. He fucked that shit up royally, but he still put forth some effort. Unalaq pretty much just declared one of his kids dead at the scene and didn't even try to help.

Veelk

Banned
Wow just making him give a shit about his kids is a huge step up. I'm still not even sure who's a worse dad, him or Ozai. I mean at least Ozai tried to raise his kids. He fucked that shit up royally, but he still put forth some effort. Unalaq pretty much just declared one of his kids dead at the scene and didn't even try to help.

Yeah, which is why Unalaq is such a flat character in the show compared to Ozai despite them being both the doomsday character archetypes.

being engrossed in veelk's story and realizing it will never be real

Thanks. It's only an outline at best and actually sitting down and writing it would make it different in experiencing it, but I honestly don't know if these ideas are worth a shit or would they only work if I actually materialized them on paper. Plus, writing them off the cuff means they're rough draft versions by default. Still, I'm a pretty good story guys, and a lot of it sounds reasonable to me, so I'm glad it does to you too.

Veelk

Banned
Can we get links to all of Veelk's fanfiction? Would love to read the rest.

I don't have anything written out, lol. I'm just dropping the outlines I've had in my head for about a year. That's why it's so rough and unpolished.

I had far more detailed outlines for a Naruto fanfic I wrote a part out of once. But then I realized that to really fix that series, it would require like a a couple dozen 500,000 word novels. And if I'm going to put that kind of effort into something, it might as well be original fiction. LoK is fucked up in a lot of ways, but Naruto is a work of art in bad writing the likes of which I have never seen since.

I don't have anything written out, lol. I'm just dropping the outlines I've had in my head for about a year. That's why it's so rough and unpolished.

I had far more detailed outlines for a Naruto fanfic I wrote a part out of once. But then I realized that to really fix that series, it would require like a a couple dozen 500,000 word novels. And if I'm going to put that kind of effort into something, it might as well be original fiction. LoK is fucked up in a lot of ways, but Naruto is a work of art in bad writing the likes of which I have never seen since.
hotvrK2.png

That's maybe level 4 douchery, out of 10. 5 at the worst. He goes up to 12.
Holy shit that sounds like epic character assassination. It sounds like Naruto is really going to piss me off later. I'm already annoyed by the show constantly shoving Sakura down my throat, she's not even my favorite female character and Team 7's not even my favorite team. I like Team 8 the most so far cause they're all competent weirdoes.

Veelk

Banned
Holy shit that sounds like epic character assassination. It sounds like Naruto is really going to piss me off later. I'm already annoyed by the show constantly shoving Sakura down my throat, she's not even my favorite female character and Team 7's not even my favorite team. I like Team 8 the most so far cause they're all competent weirdoes.

You have no idea.

What especially sucks is that Sasuke's sucks is the catalyst for Naruto's and Sakura's worst moments.

You have no idea.

What especially sucks is that Sasuke's sucks is the catalyst for Naruto's and Sakura's worst moments.
But Sakura has practically been shit ever since begging Sasuke to take her along with him on his murderous rampage. "Sasuke I'll help you get revenge" I was like "what the fuck is this woman screaming about?" Naruto is like Goku levels of stupid as well. I mean the cast has their moments but they're not balanced out too well between the bad.

Veelk

Banned
This is getting seriously off topic.

But let me now when Sasuke finally squares off against Itachi. I need a live feed to your reactions on that shit.

This is getting seriously off topic.

But let me now when Sasuke finally squares off against Itachi. I need a live feed to your reactions on that shit.
Sounds like it's a fight full of broken bullshit jutsu's. I'll probably PM you about where I'm currently at.

But do you rike it?

I haven't fully read it but i trust you over the actual writers anyways so.

Also i'm game for some Naruto tears even after being so disappointed when that series shit the bed the way it did.

If Sarada remains cool then maybe i will think about checking out that new series....maybe

I didn't think much of him before the movie because I knew they were going to at least try to explain him soon, so I was reserving my judgement until then.

I overall like him after seeing the movie.

Veelk

Banned
Even if boruto is written okay on an individual level, I don't think you can make a truly good show on such shoddy foundations. Even if you ignore the character history, the combat system and mythos at large is permanently fucked.

Does Boruto act like Naruto?

Kinda (trying to make his own way) but he seems to be aiming for the other direction ala Sasuke (Boruto wasn't a fan of his pops at the time and not too enthused path/way that he has laid out) .

But without the massive asshole phase the Sauce ended up in...hopefully

IIRC.

Kinda (trying to make his own way) but he seems to be aiming for the other direction ala Sasuke (Boruto wasn't a fan of his pops at the time and not too enthused path/way that he has laid out) .

But without the massive asshole phase the Sauce ended up in...hopefully

IIRC.
The Sauce got drunk off his own sauce. He's like a badly written Hiei.

I can't watch LoK anymore :(

Idk, I just sat there and marathoned ATLA with no problem, but I'm trying to watch LoK and it just seems... meh now ,

Despite ATLA being the better show, I've actually always felt like Legend of Korra is a bit easier to re-watch. The relatively focused standalone plots for each season + the fact that there's a pretty sweet action scene to look forward to in almost every episode makes each book fly by imo.

Though I still haven't re-watched Book 2 yet. It'll be a while before I can expose myself to that type of trauma again.

I couldn't even do that when I started my rewatch when I finished ATLA. Maybe it's just series overload?

I was the same way, Season 1 couldn't even hold my attention right after I finished ATLA. It just turned into background noise while I played on my phone then eventually fell asleep,

Start up Naruto and join me in the official thread.

I don't think I can do Naruto bruh. I stopping watching the anime right after Madara was resurrected and strictly read the manga since then (besides watching Guy vs Madara which I've been dying to see since I read it) After that finished I was done and I'm not really interested in these new kids.

Yes, I watched the OG series, most of Shippuden, and the Rock Lee spinoff gag anime.

I don't think I can do Naruto bruh. I stopping watching the anime right after Madara was resurrected and strictly read the manga since then (besides watching Guy vs Madara which I've been dying to see since I read it) After that finished I was done and I'm not really interested in these new kids.

Yes, I watched the OG series, most of Shippuden, and the Rock Lee spinoff gag anime.
Well shit bruh...no sense torturing yourself again then. Damn.

Jacob

Not like this, Jacob. We were brothers. :(

s4DtryK.png

Love ya, man. :D And even I have to admit that Korra is head and shoulders over most animated shows in a lot of respects, and we would be incredibly lucky to have more shows with that kind of ambition. And Book 3 as well as about half of Book 1 were really good. Still not feeling like rewatching it yet though. :p

s4DtryK.png

Love ya, man. :D And even I have to admit that Korra is head and shoulders over most animated shows in a lot of respects, and we would be incredibly lucky to have more shows with that kind of ambition. And Book 3 as well as about half of Book 1 were really good. Still not feeling like rewatching it yet though. :p
I don't think I've seen an ep since it ended. I just find other shit to watch. It's honestly not that hard to do.

Top Bottom