• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avatar Community |OT| Live. Die. Repeat.

Veelk

Banned
You guys need to start reading books so I have more people to talk about Dresden Files, Gentleman Bastards, Kingkiller Chronicles, Cinder Spires, and about 200 other series with.

Veelk

Banned
Funny you mention that, I've been invited to make one with another poster on the board. I've accepted, though who knows when he'll get the thing up and running. I've also started writing a story for a fictional podcast series.

For all the shit Book 2 gets, it does have some gems. Eska's random one liners for instance.

Also the scenes with Tenzin, Bumi and Kya

Though Korra herself is beyond fucking annoying here

Korra is dumb in season 2 but I legit like this scene for the sheer ruthlessness

mGSTZ0v.png

Veelk

Banned
It was stupid, both in how it played out on its own, and how unnecessarily ruthless it was for a kids show. Someone clearly just marathoned 24 and had to get it out of their system.

Korra is dumb in season 2 but I legit like this scene for the sheer ruthlessness

mGSTZ0v.png
Tell me where the bomb is!! We're running out of time!!!
For all the shit Book 2 gets, it does have some gems. Eska's random one liners for instance.

Also the scenes with Tenzin, Bumi and Kya

Though Korra herself is beyond fucking annoying here
I love Kya, Bumi and Tenzin wondering around the sprit world. I miss Kya...shouldn't have been put on a boat. I hope she comes back home to Lin at some point.

Yeah. Tenzin probably told her he wanted some space, and she decided to give him some.
"You and that bitch can have all the space you want....in the after life." *Lin proceeds to tear the temple away from the continent and earth bends several deep holes to bury Tenzin and Pema in* "Say hello to your father for me you bald two timing cocksucker!!" *Toph sneaks up on Lin and chokes her out*

And the season 2 finale

Fuck Kaiju battles

*looks at Toa*
Bumi (and Kya) is probably the best part of season 2. Seeing his random bullshit come to life in that escape plan was hilarious. I kind of wish they fleshed out Eska and Desna some more or at least Eska, instead of just shelving her and giving her some growth would've been better in my opinion. The main cast? Nope. Bolin becomes a sex offender isn't really a good look, though I liked the retro aspect of the movers.

Now that just makes me even more glad that I joined at the last moment.
I honestly think the best avatar fight scenes are the scaled down, realistic one on one fights, once they move beyond that they seem a little boring, that was the worst choreographed one I can remember from Korra. It's not eclipsing any of the fight scenes from Book 3 I know that much or even the fight in Book 1 on top of the pro bending arena.

Top Bottom