• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avatar Community |OT| Live. Die. Repeat.

Wait hold up,

i might need to read this again LOLOLOLOL

you know what i take back what i said about Ehasz here (even if it was said jokingly) because this sounds like a lot of assumptions being made there.

Is there any official interviews with this guy?

That would've character assassinated his entire character arc. How the hell Zuko going to be a shit dad when he had all of that time to learn from Iroh and witness what having a shit dad did to him and Azula. That's Naruto tier bad writing.

Well they did make the guy who thought everyone (family especially) was precious and the vocal mother of the group be shells of themselves so *shrug*

although there is still the thought its just the kids being assholes lol

I worked as an assistant writer for Book 2 and interned for Book 3. If you check out the I.P. Bible then you’ll see a Kataang endgame was never planned from the start, it was supposed to remain a one-sided crush throughout the whole show. It had some teasing moments to balance out the action (a lot of kids shows do the same thing). The actual decision to make them a couple came about much later at Bryke’s request, largely because they were frustrated at the popularity of Zutara. Some of the crew liked Kataang, I know Joaquim was a big Kataang supporter but more of them were neutral about it, Ehasz was not fond of Kataang but he didn’t mind too much since he’s a mature adult and all that. No one was having full-on ship wars in the writer’s room but we did joke about it, and we toyed with the idea of Zuko and Katara falling in love a couple of times.
Bryke wrote the last episode and it addressed none of Katara’s thoughts so it was pretty shocking to a lot of us when she suddenly initiated the kiss. We thought she was going to gently reject Aang or tell him that romance was not something she wanted in life yet because she acted so confused about it beforehand. We weren’t expecting Zutara to happen or anything because there wouldn’t be enough screen time but it most likely would have happened if we still had Book 4/5.

giphy.gif

The Zutara persecution complex runs deep.

Is there any official interviews with this guy?

Not that I've ever found. Believe me, I've looked. Honestly this class that he spoke at was the closest thing I've ever seen to him discussing the inner workings of the show but unfortunately the message has been diluted by a bunch of delusional shippers on Tumblr.

Well, I know theres a heavy shipper bias in those blogs, but I dont think they're all lying or anything. I have no doubts that Ehasz said those things about Book 4 and stuff. Im not a shipper, I know Avatar had insane shipping wars back in the day. Im not some rabid fangirl or anything, I just found it interesting.

But I do think Ehasz is a really good writer and I think he brought a lot of the philosophical and spiritual elements to ATLA that feel missing in Korra and the comics.

Well, I know theres a heavy shipper bias in those blogs, but I dont think they're all lying or anything. I have no doubts that Ehasz said those things about Book 4 and stuff. Im not a shipper, I know Avatar had insane shipping wars back in the day. Im not some rabid fangirl or anything, I just found it interesting.

But I do think Ehasz is a really good writer and I think he brought a lot of the philosophical and spiritual elements to ATLA that feel missing in Korra and the comics.

They most certainly are lying, stretching the truth, misunderstanding each other, and making HEAVY assumptions based on a few choice quotes by Ehasz.

I apologize if it sounded like I was calling you a fan girl, I definitely didn't mean to sound like I was. Ehasz was most certainly the glue that held a lot of Avatar together but the blogs you posted have such a heavy bias that it's hard to deduce any truth from them at all.

They most certainly are lying, stretching the truth, misunderstanding each other, and making HEAVY assumptions based on a few choice quotes by Ehasz.

I apologize if it sounded like I was calling you a fan girl, I definitely didn't mean to sound like I was. Ehasz was most certainly the glue that held a lot of Avatar together but the blogs you posted have such a heavy bias that it's hard to deduce any truth from them at all.
Its cool. I still think the Iroh and Toph stuff sounded awesome, as well as the surviving airbenders. There may be exaggeration in those blogs, the shipping community can be very...insane. I think if Ehasz was in charge of a Zutara romance, it could have been cool. I never even thought about it seriously until I read those Ehasz ideas, though.

Its cool. I still think the Iroh and Toph stuff sounded awesome, as well as the surviving airbenders. There may be exaggeration in those blogs, the shipping community can be very...insane. I think if Ehasz was in charge of a Zutara romance, it could have been cool. I never even thought about it seriously until I read those Ehasz ideas, though.

Oh, most certainly. I think the Iroh and Toph stuff hurts the most because those are the only two things that I felt was missing from the show: a satisfying end to Toph's character arc and an elaboration on what the fuck happened earlier in Iroh's life and the Spirit World.

I really hope that it's true.

What's Mr. Ehasz even doing these days? IMDB's last listing was from 2011.

Trey

the way the entirety of AtLA was written, only Aang and Katara made sense. That other shit would have been so out of left field that the series would have ended on a very sour note.

You know what had a great book 4?

The legend of Korrra

talk to em

Goddamn, almost got fooled by salty Zutara shippers. Still, the Ehasz element was amissing in LOK... and a lot of things actually(flashbacks to yesteryear).

Toa TAK

Banned
Pharah is the best. Ended up getting both her achievements. There's so much fun in her mobility and fight for JUSTICE. She's a damn super soldier.

This game is ridiculously fun. It helps that the characters have been given such wonderful personalities to go with it all. My friend kept telling me about it but I just never gave it a go.

Once the weekend is up that'll be it, though. Gotta save that cash and I already got the BioShock Remaster.

Veelk

Banned
Pharah is the best. Ended up getting both her achievements. There's so much fun in her mobility and fight for JUSTICE. She's a damn super soldier.

This game is ridiculously fun. It helps that the characters have been given such wonderful personalities to go with it all. My friend kept telling me about it but I just never gave it a go.

Once the weekend is up that'll be it, though. Gotta save that cash and I already got the BioShock Remaster.

Really Toa? Bioshock remaster?

I'm highly disappointed in you.

Veelk

Banned
I fucking love the BioShock series, dude. I'll take whatever excuse I can to replay them again.

You're not gonna write a huge essay on why they're bad right?

The bioshock games are great, it's just that they are available on PC for way cheaper and can basically run on a potato. Because they add nothing actually new to the games, Bioshock Remaster collection is one of the most superfluous remasters in the market. I think I paid 10 bucks total for Bioshocks 1, 2 and Infinite, plus whatever DLC cost at the time. It's money that could have been better spent elsewhere is all I'm saying.

If only you were this evangelical about the light that is Legend of Korra.

LoK is a flashlight compared to the ever-radiant glow of the sun that is overwatch.

Veelk

Banned
D.Va. I was good with her before the buff made her popular with everyone.

Genji is pretty fun too, but I'm not all that great with him. I'm okay.

My next best character is probably reaper.

Decent with Hanzo, and Pharah, and I can be a vicious Symmetra if I have a decent team backing me up.

I'm currently working on getting better with Winston and Reinhardt.

Toa TAK

Banned
I'm currently running Mercy and trying to revive 4 people at once is hard.

Then after that is Reaper. Did a 10 kill streak in my first game because of him.

Those Korra comics need to come out. Soundtrack too.
Yep, still waiting for that comic hoping that maybe the thread got bumped because of new info but nope :(
But by all means keep talking about Overwatch since there is nothing Avatar related and this thread would be dead otherwise.

Toa TAK

Banned
Symmetra, Zen, Zarya, Rein, Soldier, Mccree, Lucio. Only archetype I don't really play is defense, but I can play a little Hanzo.

Those Korra comics need to come out. Soundtrack too.

We haven't heard anything for months. When is supposed to be the next Korra-esque event that they can announce this stuff?

You got Bioshock Remaster instead of something more practical, like Overwatch, so I'm not coming out of this too bad.

Naw.

As a singleplayer bro it'll keep me entertained far longer.

Top Bottom