• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avengers: Age of Ultron | Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Avengers suit is by far the best looking. It's the helmet that makes it look bad.

Yeah I think the suit itself is THE perfect modernization of Cap's classic costume. Bright colours and all, I think it's great. The helmet is definitely where it falls apart, had they kept the chin strap I think it would have looked sublime.

Avengers suit is by far the best looking. It's the helmet that makes it look bad.

Yeah I think the suit itself is THE perfect modernization of Cap's classic costume. Bright colours and all, I think it's great. The helmet is definitely where it falls apart, had they kept the chin strap I think it would have looked sublime.

This is what I'm saying. Glad I'm not crazy. The bright colors aren't a negative. It's a big positive, actually.

edit: Ha. I like how his Avengers costume kinda looks like his Captain America tour costume:

Uqr58U3.png

number11

As others said, the Avengers suit looks great without the helmet. It also has a weird effect that makes Chris look skinnier than normal. They just needed to pad it out a bit.

Guess I know which day I'll be phoning in sick.

Out of interest, has anyone done multiple viewings of the same movie in a single day? Is it weird? Do you buy the tickets for each viewing at the same time to avoid disappointment? I'm pretty tempted to do it for this and I know I can convince at least two friends to come along as well.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
This is what I'm saying. Glad I'm not crazy. The bright colors aren't a negative. It's a big positive, actually.

edit: Ha. I like how his Avengers costume kinda looks like his Captain America tour costume:

Uqr58U3.png
This stuff happens when a fanboy redesigns your uniform.

curb

Banned
I think Cap's Avengers suit looks too cartoony when it's clean. The roughed up pic a few posts up looks better much. I am loving the AoU suit though but I also really liked the strike suit.

Pachimari

Let's just agree to disagree, & agree that the Winter Soldier suit is a solid-ass suit.
Heh, all I asked was what FTFY standed for. But I found my answer through Google. I have no problem with people having other opinions than me. :)

When is the premiere in America anyway?

jmood88

Guess I know which day I'll be phoning in sick.

Out of interest, has anyone done multiple viewings of the same movie in a single day? Is it weird? Do you buy the tickets for each viewing at the same time to avoid disappointment? I'm pretty tempted to do it for this and I know I can convince at least two friends to come along as well.
Why would you buy tickets in advance to see the same movie multiple times on the same day to avoid disappointment?

scabro

avengers suit with or without helmet is too slender.

looks better without the helmet but its still the worst by far

Wazzy

Banned
The worst one is his First Avengers costume. Colours are too dark and muted and not bright enough to represent Captain America.
avengers suit with or without helmet is too slender.

looks better without the helmet but its still the worst by far

DdzzvkQ.jpg

Looks great to me.

Neoxon

Lining them all up, I think that without the helmet, the Avengers suit is maybe better than the Avengers 2 suit.

The Avengers 2 suits chest area doesn't look good. All that maroon detailing in the chest and arms combined with that dark navy blue is ugly. Whatever that material is around the star and extending out from it in raised maroon lines... Oof. It's yet to sit right with me.

Winter Soldier suit is undoubtedly the best though. They should have kept that upper body design for Avengers 2, added in the red / white striped section to the stomach area and brightened the blue a tad.

The Avengers helmet is really bad but once that was off, he looked pretty good:
Kinda like this?
2eNNJVI.jpg

Neoxon

I actually do really love this design. I wish they had kept the red boots and gloves, though.
That's just a mock-up of the AoU suit using the Winter Soldier stealth suit as a base. But yeah, it would have been nice to see red gloves & boots on the AoU suit.

Wazzy

Banned
That's just a mock-up of the AoU suit using the Winter Soldier stealth suit as a base. But yeah, it would have been nice to see red gloves & boots on the AoU suit.

Ah I thought it was the AoU design, heh.

I have to say, I do enjoy seeing what new outfits characters will get for each film. Sometimes I want ones to stick but they can always make an appearance while introducing new ones.

We can all agree that the Avengers helmet might be the worst bit of costume design in any superhero movie, certainly any Marvel movie.

I like the new costume, I mostly liked the old ones but I still want the scales and the wings and those ridiculous boots.

And this guy:

lTW5mfl.png

I hope whoever did the make-up on GotG is doing Vision. Rooker in particular looked amazing.

This. One of the reasons I loved it so much. Lots of CGI, but damn good makeup.
Guardians-of-the-Galaxy-Set-Interview-Karen-Gillan-Nebula.jpg

See, that's a fantastic make-up job but I don't like the eyes. It gives her this dead look that really didn't work when it came to her scenes with Saldana.

Also fucking with Zoe Saldana's bone structure should be a crime.

edit: They really work in that shot though. You can see why they did it.

Neoxon

This. One of the reasons I loved it so much. Lots of CGI, but damn good makeup.
Guardians-of-the-Galaxy-Set-Interview-Karen-Gillan-Nebula.jpg
James Gunn wanted to use as many practical effects as possible, & only use CGI where necessary (I.E. Rocket, Groot, the space shots, etc.). Because of this, we get masterpieces such as make-up used on Nebula & Yondu. I've been acting for years (& I even do my own make-up, as well as teach younger actors how to apply make-up), but the shit in GotG is the stuff that dreams are made of.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Loki's staff being an infinity stone is still just speculation:

...as a S.H.I.E.L.D. scientist in the early part of this one-shot comic remarks the crystal and the Tesseract are connected

"Connected" could just mean that the staff is powered by the Tesseract, like Hydra weapons.

guek

Banned
lmao
Thanos lending out an Infinity Stone so Loki can get him the other one, then losing it.

Also is that stuff about the staff a retcon?
I still think the staff is some kind of trap. At the very least, if it is an infinity stone, I'm hoping it was left on earth deliberately by Thanos for a hidden purpose

The Avengers 2 Prologue comic pretty much confirmed what we know about the origin of the twins.
They aren't Inhumans like many have predicted, but rather HYDRA experiments via the Mind Stone on Loki's Scepter.

Sorry to nitpick, but I'm kind of confused on one point.

The scepter hasn't really been explored in much detail, so I'm okay with it having some kind of mutagenic properties, but how exactly would HYDRA know that it has that potential? Nothing we saw it do in Avengers and nothing we see it do on-panel in this comic supports that conclusion, yet HYDRA already somehow knows that it can produce some potentially beneficial mutagenic effect in human subjects, as opposed to just hypnotizing them or blowing a hole through them.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician

The scepter hasn't really been explored in much detail, so I'm okay with it having some kind of mutagenic properties, but how exactly would HYDRA know that it has that potential? Nothing we saw it do in Avengers and nothing we see it do on-panel in this comic supports that conclusion, yet HYDRA already somehow knows that it can produce some potentially beneficial mutagenic effect in human subjects, as opposed to just hypnotizing them or blowing a hole through them.

I assume they're just zapping people with the energy in different ways and seeing what happens. Could be an experiment to see if they can imbue the scepters powers into someone. Who knows

rexor0717

They were in a hydra lab at the end of Cap 2, is not like they just sitting around. It seems pretty straight forward that they've been experimenting with it.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I still think the staff is some kind of trap. At the very least, if it is an infinity stone, I'm hoping it was left on earth deliberately by Thanos for a hidden purpose
This is perhaps the only way I can right now see that retconning/revealing Loki's Sceptre containing an infinity gem is a good idea, or it channelling energy from a stone. With how every stone has been made special and built up to, revealing something that hasn't particularly been well hidden as being a stone is kind of anticlimactic.

Yeah there's basically no way the scepter is an Infinity Stone given that we've already got a blue one and both GotG and the Infinity War teaser confirmed six different colors.

I realize that people want it to be one very badly because that would be cool, but nope.

The Captain America: The Winter Soldier stinger indicated that a whole bunch of people died in the experiments and that the twins are "the survivors."

And especially if it's somehow powered by the Tesseract, remember that Arnim Zola was both (1) the first scientist to experiment on the Tesseract and (2) present at SHIELD while *they* had the Tesseract and presumably able to continue his research. It's totally possible that HYDRA could be applying the knowledge from that experimentation.

Showaddy

Yeah there's basically no way the scepter is an Infinity Stone given that we've already got a blue one and both GotG and the Infinity War teaser confirmed six different colors.

I realize that people want it to be one very badly because that would be cool, but nope.

I don't think they meant it to be a gem/stone but I reckon they're going to retcon it to be one. If nothing else it gives Thanos a reason to come to Earth with the Tesseract up in Asgard and it means they only have to introduce 2 more mcguffins in phase 3 as well.

I don't think they meant it to be a gem/stone but I reckon they're going to retcon it to be one. If nothing else it gives Thanos a reason to come to Earth with the Tesseract up in Asgard and it means they only have to introduce 2 more mcguffins in phase 3 as well.

If anything it was supposed to be the Mind Gem in *earlier* versions of the Avengers screenplay.

Besides, of the Phase 3 films pre-Infinity War, only Thor 3 and GotG 2 aren't Earth-bound already, and those franchises have both already shouldered the burden of introducing Infinity Stones.

Dr. Strange is going to be set on Earth and is almost certainly going to result in the introduction of an Infinity Stone. There'll be at least one on Earth.

The Captain America: The Winter Soldier stinger indicated that a whole bunch of people died in the experiments and that the twins are "the survivors."

Comic is pretty explicit that they already knew it could potentially create superhumans before those experiments began.

I guess I'll just hope it's explained better in the film and leave it at that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom