• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avengers: Age of Ultron | Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I bet its going to be Lokis staff. They are going to recover it during the raid of the Hydra facility in the beginning, see what it has done with Wanda and Pietro and try it on a drone.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Small, I had to leave for work sorry!

aqXZIBo.png

Hahaha

Thanks for my new facebook cover photo :D

Keen

Aliens ate my babysitter
Getting real excited for this! How did I miss the UK Extended trailer, was awesome.

Soon. Soooon.

Slayven

it's interesting that Vision body looks very human, looks like he had proper muscle anatomy and even wear clothes and not robot suit like Iron-Man, I kinda assume Vision is gonna be all CG character like Ultron, but from the concept art, Paul Bettany can probably wear a costume and some holywood makeup and be just like the concept art. don't even need motion capture like IronMan and Ultron
1526822_1054810877868817_5892445513064222387_n.jpg

Well Vision is a synthiod. He is suppose to be the step beyond androids and robots.

inky

Wait, wtf! Vision is in this!?

I'm so out of the loop, what else have I missed?

Bucky is now Cap. Clint and Natasha got married, then divorced. There's a dog in costume running around, I don't know who that is.

Oh, and Tony died. Was that supposed to be a spoiler? I forget.

Pachimari

I tried my best in Photoshop guys:

Left to right:
The First Avengers, The Avengers, The Winter Soldier, Age of Ultron.

To me, I would rate them as so:

1. The Winter Soldier stealth suit
2. The First Avenger suit
3. Age of Ultron suit
4. Avengers suit

I only now realize how terrible the Avengers suit is. Wow.

Neoxon

Nah, I tried my best guys:

Left to right:

1. Age of Ultron suit
2. The Winter Soldier stealth suit
3. The First Avenger suit
4. Avengers suit

FTFY

scabro

Nah, I tried my best guys:

Left to right:

3. Age of Ultron suit
4. Avengers suit

it looks fucking awful

the first avenger suit looks alot better than i remembered. I think its probably my favorite suit seeing them all together like that.

edit: nah, the avengers 2 and stealth cap are better

Gartooth

Such a tease that the "classic" look is reserved for just the Ultron drones. I don't really mind the look of Ultron prime from a distance, but once you start to see some of the details (teeth) it begins to look a bit ridiculous.

Dave_6

I don't understand this fascination that producers/directors/whoever have with putting teeth (human looking teeth) on robots. Like in the Transformers films. In Terminator it makes sense in the fact that it's a robot with 'skin' over to look 100% like a human. The drone's faces look so much better IMO. Ultron does look great on the Empire cover with his mouth shut though.

I don't understand this fascination that producers/directors/whoever have with putting teeth (human looking teeth) on robots. Like in the Transformers films. In Terminator it makes sense in the fact that it's a robot with 'skin' over to look 100% like a human. The drone's faces look so much better IMO. Ultron does look great on the Empire cover with his mouth shut though.
I mean, it's obvious they want to capture Spader's facial performance with Ultron. Maybe there'll be a moment where Hulk or Thor wreck Ultron's face and we'll get a homage to the gaping mouth design

jmood88

Left to right:

3. Age of Ultron suit
4. Avengers suit

God, that Avengers costume is awful. He looks like he stepped inside an American flag-themed muppet.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member

Left to right:

3. Age of Ultron suit
4. Avengers suit

Wow the Avengers costume really sucks when you put them all next to each other lol. Cap must have thought "things sure have gone downhill" when he received the new costume.

Hawkeye looks great too. So much better than what he was wearing in The Avengers.

Left to right:

3. Age of Ultron suit
4. Avengers suit

Lining them all up, I think that without the helmet, the Avengers suit is maybe better than the Avengers 2 suit.

The Avengers 2 suits chest area doesn't look good. All that maroon detailing in the chest and arms combined with that dark navy blue is ugly. Whatever that material is around the star and extending out from it in raised maroon lines... Oof. It's yet to sit right with me.

Winter Soldier suit is undoubtedly the best though. They should have kept that upper body design for Avengers 2, added in the red / white striped section to the stomach area and brightened the blue a tad.

The Avengers helmet is really bad but once that was off, he looked pretty good:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom