• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avengers: Age of Ultron | Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeySeuss

I think he's that last little cherry on top of the marketing of this whole campaign. They've been taunting people with these little background shots of him, but I'm guessing he'll be part of that last blitz in the final week leading to release, along with the half dozen or so 60 second clips they'll undoubtedly release, as per routine, Marvel buildup.

I can't wait for his Hot Toys figure.

I really don't think they're going to put him in any mainstream marketing or trailers. I think he's being saved as a surprise for casual fans that don't know who he is. That way people aren't overwhelmed and it will happen organically.

He's still there for the die-hards as little teases that would be overlooked by mainstream, case in point would be the new poster. He's there, but only if you know it's him. Otherwise people would just see all Ultron drones and not think twice.

Wazzy

Banned
avengers_3__infinity_gauntlet_fan_made_poster_by_darthdestruktor-d7p67tf.png

That looks great but we need Daredevil, Jessican Jones, Iron Fist, Luke Cage, Agents Of Shield and Spiderman in there too(and a group shot of GOTG) to be perfect. Of course IF and LC are harder since no official images are out.

Wazzy

Banned
Whatever announcement he makes can hardly live up to Spidey being in the goddamn MCU. I don't think any announcement will for a while.

No but a casting announcement could come close.

There's probably no chance of him actually announcing the choice

jmood88

Hey guys, dont get your hopes up to high regarding this Downey Jr. Stuff. The last time we were utterly disappointed.
There was no reason for people to get excited last time as he was actively promoting another movie. People do need to calm down about the Spider-Man announcement stuff but it is going to be about Avengers, at the very least.

AMUSIX

I hope they have each actor tweet their character's poster. Tomorrow Chris Evans, then Hemsworth, and Ruffalo, and so on. Also, I hope the twins each get a poster.

So, I think I missed something, but Is Pepper Potts in Age of Ultron? I have not seen her mention in the promo material. With her being superpowered now, shouldn't she be part of the action?

flkraven

So, I think I missed something, but Is Pepper Potts in Age of Ultron? I have not seen her mention in the promo material. With her being superpowered now, shouldn't she be part of the action?

5 seconds into AoU..
mid conversation

Tony: "...so it turns out the powers were temporary and..."

or

Tony: "...so I was able to cure her..."

Dai101

Banned
Tony: "...so I was able to cure her..."

At the end of Iron-Man 3 Tony says he was able to "fix her". Don't really know what that meas. If he removed sucessfully the Extremis virus or made it fully controllable to her and completely safe and stable.

Didn't she get "cured" at the end of IM3? Also, she's not credited in IMDB either.

Ah, beaten.

Lord Fagan

I really don't think they're going to put him in any mainstream marketing or trailers.

How does that explain the marketing materials that are on GAF? They played the same game with Hulk slowly showing a little of him by the final few weeks. I don't disagree that they'll show any of his coolest footage at all until after release, but he's clearly going to be a part of their push, methinks.

inky

Yeah. That's just what they could throw together on short notice though. They filmed for like a week and a half with like six minutes of preproduction.

I don't know. I'm sure even in that situation if you want to stick to the source material you can do better.

But that would require them understanding the tone first. They are going straight DOFP on this movie, and the costumes there sucked ass as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom