• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avengers: Age of Ultron | Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
The armor is a liquid metal armor based of the Symbiote.
Aoi01E6.png

Eh, this is not something that can only exist when there was a symbiote around.
Liquid metal is an ass old idea.

Also, Tony had a liquid Iron Man suit in his skeletton before. Spider-Man is really not necessary for this.

Avixph

Eh, this is not something that can only exist when there was a symbiote around.
Liquid metal is an ass old idea.
Yeah I know but the particular liquid metal of the Superior Iron Man armor is based on the symbiote.

Also, Tony had a liquid Iron Man suit in his skeletton before. Spider-Man is really not necessary for this.
This new armor is different from the Bleeding Edge Iron Man armor as demonstrated in the panel I posted above.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Yeah I know but the particular liquid metal of the Superior Iron Man armor is based on the symbiote.

Nothing that needs the introducion of a symbiote before. They can just say its liquid metal and thats it.
It doesnt even sound so stupid like in the comic when they go with liquid metal. It just says, "Bohoo, Tony is no so inverted, he even created a techno-syambiote".

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I felt that at least with the Silver Centurion we were going to start getting some steady specialty armors to keep things fresh but it kind of went 0-100, despite Extremis being a nice evolution aesthetically.

I'm quite fond of the Avengers armor as a sort of precursor to the nerve controlled stuff in IM3, but it was more or less the same look. Kind of wish Tony got blasted off into space like rumoured so we could at least get some screen time for Gemini :x

jph139

I'm a big fan of the Superior Armor, but honestly it always struck me as more of a Silicon Valley type aesthetic. It fits with the inverse Tony, but I don't think it's a good fit for the movie version. I find that the MCU Iron Man is more... automotive, I guess? Evocative of a luxury car - I mean, it was built in a garage after all. Superior Iron Man seems more like something Justin Hammer would wear.

Avixph

I'm a big fan of the Superior Armor, but honestly it always struck me as more of a Silicon Valley type aesthetic. It fits with the inverse Tony, but I don't think it's a good fit for the movie version. I find that the MCU Iron Man is more... automotive, I guess? Evocative of a luxury car - I mean, it was built in a garage after all. Superior Iron Man seems more like something Justin Hammer would wear.
Yeah that's true, but things could drastically change after the events of Age of Ultron.

yeah I see it that way too. tony calls himself an "mechanic" in the MCU but the superior armor looks like something he designed with steve jobs' help.

It would not surprise me at all to see Stark use the black armor in Civil War for reasons (filmmaking reason being it's a Captain America movie, so making the "bad guy" wear black is obvious) and then in Infinity War he comes out with the white armor to contrast his dark little shindig earlier and that now he is good again.

Best of both worlds.

MechDX

Robert Downey Jr ‏@RobertDowneyJr · 45s45 seconds ago
You've been good so here's a new @IronMan poster from @Avengers #AgeOfUltron. And on the DL, big announcement in 8 days… #getexcited

EDIT: Beaten!
HEIL HYDRA~

I think that turnaround is too tight -- and if Spidey is just a cameo in Civil War, there's probably not a lot of urgency in having the casting done ASAP anyway.

announcement is probably the next trailer.

If Spidey is just a cameo, technically they could wait all the way till December to film it, if they wished.

Ah, the powers and benefits of non-linear editing.

Still thinking about the poster. I wish they had done something like in the X-Men animated series from the 90s where they would have multiple-layered battles instead of the team just standing there all disjointed looking at nothing in particular.

I don't think we're getting a Spidey announcement so soon either.

Avixph

It would not surprise me at all to see Stark use the black armor in Civil War for reasons (filmmaking reason being it's a Captain America movie, so making the "bad guy" wear black is obvious) and then in Infinity War he comes out with the white armor to contrast his dark little shindig earlier and that now he is good again.

Best of both worlds.
It would be much better if the colors were switched.

Lord Fagan

I wonder if vision will even get his own poster

I think he's that last little cherry on top of the marketing of this whole campaign. They've been taunting people with these little background shots of him, but I'm guessing he'll be part of that last blitz in the final week leading to release, along with the half dozen or so 60 second clips they'll undoubtedly release, as per routine, Marvel buildup.

I can't wait for his Hot Toys figure.

flkraven

not that it would, but in the event an iron man 4 is announced, I would barf

There's no way. Where do they put it?

The only thing I could see is maybe a cameo in the Spider-man. I could see Sony blowing their load at the prospect of an Iron Man endorsed Spidey flick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom