• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avengers: Age of Ultron | Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

curb

Banned
B-yR-iBUAAATdwD.jpg

Me like.

"Announcement in 8 days"...now 7 days... Think we'll get one poster each day until then?

Iron Man - Got one
Hulk - Got one
Captain America
Thor
Black Widow
Hawkeye
Scarlet Witch
Quicksilver

Ithil

yep there are certainly exceptions. namely, scarlet witch and her awful fucking costume. so glad they didn't even try to attempt it because her movie look is infinitely superior.

Scarlet Witch will almost certainly get an actual "costume" at some point rather than the clothes she's wearing in the film, even if it's in a future film. But I doubt it will much resemble the comic's version, beyond being red and probably long.

Ithil

50-50, probably. Depends on how good Elizabeth Olsen looks with a tiara or whatever. I know it's iconic and all, but it kind of looks stupid even in the comics so I don't know how they'd do it in live action.

50-50, probably. Depends on how good Elizabeth Olsen looks with a tiara or whatever. I know it's iconic and all, but it kind of looks stupid even in the comics so I don't know how they'd do it in live action.

hairband or headscarf could look cool. but yeah the thing she wears in the comics is the kind of thing that should stay in comics.

number11

Looks like the character posters will be the same as what they did for the promo art.. in that they will all join together to form a long horizontal image.

curb

Banned
I hope they make her look cool instead of making her look stupid in an attempt to make things closer to the comics. Her headwear in the comics is stupid.

It seems to me that despite the colorful nature of the MCU her costuming, it's mostly grounded in some practicality. Scarlet Witch's headgear comes across to me as purely cosmetic. Cap wears a helmet because it makes sense that he would. Witch's head-thing isn't really even a situation like the visual representation of Catwoman's ears in Dark Knight Rises.

curb

Banned
What have you all against her head-thing :/

I'm not against it per se - it just seems unnecessary to me. The outfit we've seen her in harkens back to the classic outfit enough for me. Adding the headgear seems kinda hokey to me. Not that it couldn't be implemented in some manner that makes sense.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I'm not against it per se - it just seems unnecessary to me. The outfit we've seen her in harkens back to the classic outfit enough for me. Adding the headgear seems kinda hokey to me. Not that it couldn't be implemented in some manner that makes sense.
They need the long dress to make it work.

My post was more because a couple of you said that it looks silly in the comics

I could see them doing a kind of red and black version of Black Widows outfit, crossed with Mockingbirds outfit from AoS. Maybe with a short sleeves too.

curb

Banned
They need the long dress to make it work.

My post was more because a couple of you said that it looks silly in the comics

I think it definitely works as a very comic book-y costume. Translating that classic Scarlet Witch outfit in it's entirety to film would/will not be an easy task. I'm interested to see what she's in for subsequent appearances.

Tacitus_

I could see them doing a kind of red and black version of Black Widows outfit, crossed with Mockingbirds outfit from AoS. Maybe with a short sleeves too.

I'd see a coat like hawkguy being more probable. It's a nice mixture of being clearly a costume, but not one you'd wear while performing in a circus.

When do you guys think we'll see Wanda next? I was wondering if the twins would appear in civil war, but I can definitely see her having a role to play in Doctor Strange.

Pachimari

When do you guys think we'll see Wanda next? I was wondering if the twins would appear in civil war, but I can definitely see her having a role to play in Doctor Strange.

I really don't think we'll see the twins in Civil War. I'm not sure if they would even care about the government, but I hope to see them pop up in Dr. Strange, and then again in Infinity War. I just can't but feel they will be underutilized. I just hope they get a lot of minutes in Age of Ultron.

I also made a few new avatars up for grabs:

iK4twqY.png
g8SPP6H.png
j5tQ3Jp.png

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I cant believe it... It arent two months until we will see earths mightiest heroes assembled again in the cinema... It feels like Avengers 1 came out last year, but its three years now and 4 Marvel movies :D
And its still hype like day one :D

Pachimari

I cant believe it... It arent two months until we will see earths mightiest heroes assembled again in the cinema... It feels like Avengers 1 came out last year, but its three years now and 4 Marvel movies :D
And its still hype like day one :D

To me, this is totally different. Back when The Avengers premiered, I didn't even care. And I couldn't see the interesting thing about an assemble film. I went to watch it eventually with my buddy in a smaller cinema on row 1, which ruined it a little for us, and it's surely not one of my favorite Marvel movies, but this time I am hyped beyond belief.

Not to see the Avengers assemble, but more so seeing the plots develop, and see were it all ends up. Seeing all of the smaller sub-plots like what kind of role Wakanda plays in all of this, how much trouble Ultron will create, and what all becomes of the twins and Vision.

Super exciting!

I just don't see how they are going to fit all the characters in a 2 hour movie in Infinity War part 1 and make it work. It just seems like a clusterfluck to me waiting to happen.

Nick Fury
Iron Man
Cap
Spiderman
Thor
Hulk
Black Widow
Hawkeye
Scarlette Witch
Quicksilver
Antman
Falcon
Iron Patriot
Pepper
Starlord
Gamora
Drax
Rocket Raccoon
Groot

and that's just part 1.

Then you gotta add

Black Panther
Captain Marvel

for part 2.

jmood88

I just don't see how they are going to fit all the characters in a 2 hour movie in Infinity War part 1 and make it work. It just seems like a clusterfluck to me waiting to happen.

Nick Fury
Iron Man
Cap
Spiderman
Thor
Hulk
Black Widow
Hawkeye
Scarlette Witch
Quicksilver
Antman
Falcon
Iron Patriot
Pepper
Starlord
Gamora
Drax
Rocket Raccoon
Groot

and that's just part 1.

Then you gotta add

Black Panther
Captain Marvel

for part 2.

Well, it's a good thing you aren't writing the movie, then. Also, the movie is going to be well over 2 hours.

Nick Fury
Iron Man
Cap
Spiderman
Thor
Hulk
Black Widow
Hawkeye
Scarlette Witch
Quicksilver
Antman
Falcon
Iron Patriot
Pepper
Starlord
Gamora
Drax
Rocket Raccoon
Groot

and that's just part 1.

Then you gotta add

Black Panther
Captain Marvel

for part 2.
Why would all those characters appear in Part 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom