• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avengers: Age of Ultron | Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So with Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch being in this that now means mutants are a part of the MCU. I guess they can't make them Magneto's children. Wonder how they will handle the whole mutant thing, I guess keep it very low scale.

So with Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch being in this that now means mutants are a part of the MCU. I guess they can't make them Magneto's children. Wonder how they will handle the whole mutant thing, I guess keep it very low scale.

I dont think they can even say mutant in any non fox film. They are all "gifted" or "miracles"

Tobor

They won't handle it at all. They can't be called mutants. Fox owns the term.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Now those are some good suit colors.

It also looks like the "A" on the shoulder pauldrons are the official Avengers team A. I wonder if this suggests the principle members decide to officially work together before the crisis with Ultron hits. Doesn't seem like anybody would be thinking about patch design if the first time they meet back up is in the middle of the attack.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Some more pics of Evans:

7pt1.png

9oyy.jpg

qf0f.jpg

Cap's new costume looks amazing aside from the red stuff that comes out of the star on his chest. But considering how perfect that rest of the suit looks I might end up getting use to it.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
So which characters does Fox own cause Quicksilver is in both Xmen and Avengers. I guess secondary characters are open to all.

Its specifically because Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch are also very entrenched Avengers characters. Basically Fox gets them for anything X-Men related and Marvel gets them for anything Avengers related

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
So which characters does Fox own cause Quicksilver is in both Xmen and Avengers. I guess secondary characters are open to all.

Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch were finessed by laywers - they've appeared in the Avengers so much they argued they are also Avengers.

Generally any characters associated with the X-Men and X-Men spin-offs, and described as Mutants, are wrapped up by Fox. (As is the word.) Same for villains, like Sentinels or Trask. Characters who are edge cases like Q and SW may require negotiations I guess.

Edit: beaten with Cerebro.

Tobor

Beast is a good example. He was a longtime Avenger but was an Xman far longer, including being a founding member. So he's completely owned by Fox.

just wondering, who own Spider-Woman?

edit: man I hope whedon got whoever made the action choreography from Winter Soldier to help with Captain America action scenes.

Since we are on the topic of Marvel rights, which properties are they set to get. Stuff like Ghost Rider, Punisher, Blade all should be coming back under marvel right?

Is there any out to the Sony and Fox deals? It seriously sucks that they keep the rights as long as they make movies.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Punisher, Blade and Ghostrider are back at Marvel.

Fantastic Four (when Fox manage it to start production until march) and X-Men are at at least until 2021 Fox.

Spider-Man including Miles Moralea is until 2021 at Sony.

Namor is at Universal, but licence should be soon back at Marvel.

I haven't read any of the Ultron stories (I will before A2 releases I'm sure) so I'm wondering something: how does Cap and Black Widow stand a chance against him? He's apparently as strong as Hulk sometimes so wouldn't one punch destroy Cap/BW? Wouldn't Ultron easily chase them down and kill them?

Any descriptions from the comic of those two fighting him or theories would be appreciated because I can't see someone like BW getting anywhere near Ultron in battle and surviving.

kurahador

I haven't read any of the Ultron stories (I will before A2 releases I'm sure) so I'm wondering something: how does Cap and Black Widow stand a chance against him? He's apparently as strong as Hulk sometimes so wouldn't one punch destroy Cap/BW? Wouldn't Ultron easily chase them down and kill them?

Any descriptions from the comic of those two fighting him would be appreciated :)

Cap managed to wield Thor's hammer in the comic I think.

Fantastic Four (when Fox manage it to start production until march) and X-Men are at at least until 2021 Fox.

So far away. Well I guess by then this whole avengers run will be done. Then Marvel probably starts thinking of doing a full scale marvel universe with all characters existing with major events bringing them all together. Though with Infinity Gauntlet kind of happening now they are losing one of those potential big storylines.

- J - D -

Something about the color distribution makes me think of the Iron Patriot suit from IM3, but it's certainly the best non-stealth Cap suit so far.

The only shared characters are Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch. Everyone else related to the Xmen is Fox.

There's also some crossover in cosmic Marvel between Avengers and Fantastic Four. The officially stated example is that both Marvel and Fox are allowed to use the Skrull race, but Marvel can't use Super-Skrull, because he's entrenched in Fantastic Four lore.

Lionsgate is apparently also holding on to Man-Thing, but I'd imagine that one would revert soon, as well.

The suit looks very good, as does the helmet, but he has this chubby cheeks look again from the front, like he did in Avengers. Back then i thought it just looks weird cause he didn't have the chinstrap, but he has the strap now and still looks that way:

I don't remember his face looking like that in CA:TFA (unless my memory is failing me), nor in what i've seen from CA:TWS. Did he gain a lot of weight quickly to bulk up for Avengers, did he already look like that in TWS, or is it just the way the helmet is shaped, making his face look chubbier than it really is?

kurahador

I don't remember his face looking like that in CA:TFA (unless my memory is failing me), nor in what i've seen from CA:TWS. Did he gain a lot of weight quickly to bulk up for Avengers, did he already look like that in TWS, or is it just the way the helmet is shaped, making his face look chubbier than it really is?

Maybe they trim his chubby cheek in post-production.
Anything's possible these days.

Replicant

The suit looks very good, as does the helmet, but he has this chubby cheeks look again from the front, like he did in Avengers. Back then i thought it just looks weird cause he didn't have the chinstrap, but he has the strap now and still looks that way:

It's one frame out of a scene. That's why you don't see it in the film. Even the most good-looking guys will have that one moment where they are captured at the wrong angle and they look kind of goofy.

dan2026

I'm probably one of the only guys in the world who really loved Cap's Avengers 1 costume.

It was bright, goofy and flamboyant. Everything a good superhero costume should be.

It's one frame out of a scene. That's why you don't see it in the film. Even the most good-looking guys will have that one moment where they are captured at the wrong angle and they look kind of goofy.

Sure, it might be the off-set lighting too. It doesn't spoil my enjoyment of a film, just trying to pinpoint why it looks the way it does, especially since he looked great in Avengers when he didn't have the helmet on.

So is that Black Widow Hairstyle Number Four but all mussed up from riding a motorcycle, or is she back to BWHS #2? I'm hoping it's a new one, because I don't think the Avengers style suited Scarlett.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom