• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avengers: Age of Ultron | Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So is that Black Widow Hairstyle Number Four but all mussed up from riding a motorcycle, or is she back to BWHS #2? I'm hoping it's a new one, because I don't think the Avengers style suited Scarlett.

I bet they will go with a new hairstyle, it's pretty common in subsequent entries in any franchise, not even limited to just the actresses. Just a few examples rom the MCU: Tony Stark gets a new haircut and facial hair in each movie, Cap's hair changes slightly from movie to movie, as does Thor's. Makes the character look fresh, while adding a sense of time passed since the previous film. Same reason they keep tinkering on the costumes from film to film, it's been done for ages.

Caps shield looks far less detailed.
Captain-America-Shield.jpg

Cap looks great. Suit is perfection. Still hoping that Ultron leak isn't his final look. That smiley face looking thing isn't Ultron. Just go with his classic look. It's menacing.

They probably have multiple shields, and that one is made of rubber or soft material to allow him to wear it comfortably. Plus, they'll probably make it look metallic in post-production.

I figured they'd be for wider shots. It can't be rubber though as that'd be a bit heavy.

Avengers suit wasn't just bad because of the helmet, but how skinny it made Chris look. In these shots and winter soldier the suits have pads that give him some bulk at least

You know in Cap TFA when he and Howard Stark are staring at Peggy after she shoots the shield and Cap says "I've got some ideas for the uniform"? I kinda want that scene to happen again in AoU but with Cap and Tony.

glaurung

Yea, that new Captain suit is excellent. Not as sinister as that black sneaking ops suit from Winter Soldier, but with plenty of WWII armor padding. Helm looks proper too.

shield

The suit looks little overdesigned with the splashes of red all over but it's a big step up from the Avengers.

Agreed, there really is a lot of extra red all over the costume. Looks great though, the helmet looks exactly the same as the Winter Soldier stealth suit.

The suit looks little overdesigned with the splashes of red all over but it's a big step up from the Avengers.

Tummy stripes are a little too busy-looking for my liking, too, but I think once we see it on screen, when Cap's busy wrecking fools, it'll look great. All the colours are in the right spots, helmet looks awesome, the Shoulders of America look super-broad. I love it.

farisr

So is Ultron made of Vibranium? I wonder if maybe Ultron would drag Wakanda into the fray.

That would be a great way to introduce wakanda and lead to a black panther movie. Like for instance, Ultron starts looking for the best materials for his new and improved body, and detects the vibranium energy signature in wakanda.

And whatever Ultron did to get the vibranium out of wakanda, is the catalyst that starts the plot of the Black Panther movie, maybe something to cause an uprising against the current Black Panther.

But yeah, I'm not too knowledgable about his stories,I just know he was awesome in EMH. So there could be plenty of other stories that could be told that I'm not aware about. Just sharing thoughts on a possibility.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Wasn't that partly because he really was skinnier though? Iirc he said that he didn't bulk up as much for Avengers, because it was too hard to maintain.

Here's Evans talking about his workout regimen:

http://entertainment.inquirer.net/138877/chris-evans-on-starting-avengers-2-retiring

Asked how he kept in shape to get into Captain America’s spandex suit and brandish the star-spangled shield again, Chris replied: “I wish it was some clever thing.”

With a grin that also lit up his blue eyes, Chris made it sound simple, with a touch of humor: “I pick up heavy stuff and put it back down—that’s pretty much it. Everyone’s like, ‘What does it consist of?’ I am like, ‘You lift stuff that’s heavy till you can’t lift it anymore.’ That’s it.”

Looking very buff, Chris claimed that all it took was 30 minutes to an hour each day at the gym. “Everyone’s like, ‘That’s it?’ Honestly, if you give yourself a good 30 minutes or an hour, that’s all you need. You get what you put in. You bust your ass for 30 minutes. You just have to break your muscles down so that when you sleep at night, they just rebuild stronger. So you just have to ‘destroy’ yourself while you are in there and then get out of there. No one likes to be in the gym. I try to make my time in there limited but effective.”

He quipped: “Then I go eat pizza and donuts and drink milkshakes.”

The Massachusetts native said he intensified the workout about two months before shooting begins. “Then you pull the plug about two to three weeks before you wrap. When you see the finish line coming, you are so glad to not have to think about the gym. But we are starting ‘Avengers 2,’ so over the past month, I have been hitting it pretty hard.”

His emphatic answer when asked about the main rule in keeping fit, “It’s not the diet. I wish.”

He continued: “There really is muscle memory. I have worked out my whole life, since playing sports in high school. I have a relatively fast metabolism; with [that] and muscle memory combined, I gain weight fast but lose it just as fast. It’s a fast swing. My body does [adjust] well. I’m getting a little older, though. This time around, more than in the past, I noticed joints hurting and things clicking. I guess that comes with age. That’s [how I know that] Hugh Jackman isn’t human. I don’t know how he does it.”

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
I love the fact that the costume improved ever since Coulson "died". We can just assume his little inputs into the uniform for Avengers were horrendous and that the SHIELD designers felt more free after he kicked the bucket.

Wasn't that partly because he really was skinnier though? Iirc he said that he didn't bulk up as much for Avengers, because it was too hard to maintain.

I think he got back to Captain America 1 size in The Winter Soldier. a couple scene where you see him with just tshirt and man he is buff.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
I recall reading for Avengers 1 production, there is in fact a rubber version of the shield. So that when Evans gets slammed around with the shield on his back, or in long shots where it is on his arm, he is not accidentally injured by spine or limb forced into the negative curve of the shield.

And yeah they do make it look metallic in post, same with Thor's impossibly close-knit metallic sleeves. Those are soft material given a metallic edge overlay.

Partially that, but also the Avengers suit didn't have extra padding, it was almost form fitting. Even in First Avenger and Winter Soldier, his suit has extra pads around the shoulders, chest, and legs that add a bit of bulk to the look.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
lol right, 30-60 minutes will do it..........

30 minutes of injections, maybe.

Evans was already ripped before Caps. And you *can* get massive results just from 30 minutes. I know plenty of bodybuilders who rarely train more than one hour per day, specially when bulking out. They go nuts with those weights, though - I'm talking about just 5 reps per series with almost all the kg you can pull from the very start.

Of course, HGH and Hollywood friendly doctors also help.

He certainly makes it sound easy in this. :)

I'm not even sure right now whether i read that aforementioned quote on why he was smaller in Avengers myself or if i've just seen other people throwing it around so much that it stuck in my mind. Anyway, he doesn't always sound as upbeat about his training regimen as in your text:

On beginning prep for Captain America: The Winter Soldier-
CE: I'm dreading it (the physical transformation), this is what I keep thinking. We start Cap 2 in March so come January I have to get back into that routine. All I'm thinking about is the future movies, like 'god, how am I going to keep getting big', it's such a chore. I hate to admit it but it's not easy (laughs). It's months and months of lifting heavy stuff and...not looking forward to it. But, it's worth it because I am happy with the movies and I do love the character so come January, my life is going to be different. It's such a commitment, top-to-bottom, its not just lifting, sleep is important, your diet is important. It's a complete commitment but what am I saying, it's good problems to have. "Ugh, it's just so difficult, I'd much rather be in the coal mines" (laughs) .

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/GraphicCity/news/?a=67101

On regaining that hot bod: “I’ve lost it all right now. It’s gonna be at least two months of training. I am not looking forward to it. I mean, I like going to the gym, but these are not gym sessions buddy. You don’t even know dude. I’m puking at these gym sessions. It’s two hours every day and it’s brutal man. I don’t do a lot of cardio because I’m not trying to lose weight, but gain weight. But, it’s big weights and you’re just so long. You’ll be working out and you’ll be, ‘How long have I been here? Only 35 min? I still have another hour here.’ And you just leave the gym unable to move. You just know you have to do it tomorrow. It’s a chore.” At just 31, Evans is realizing all that lifting isn’t as easy as it used to be. Evans laughs noting, “Things are [already] clicking and I’m sore. ‘How am I gonna do this?’ How does Hugh Jackman? How does he do it? How does a guy in 40′s get that big?” When I suggest perhaps its Jackman’s Aussie genes Evans retorts, “Talk to Hemsworth he’s a creation.”

http://www.celebitchy.com/252373/ch...ing_up_for_cap_2_how_does_hugh_jackman_do_it/

I wouldn't be surprised if there was some form of Spider-Man cameo or Easter egg.

They were trying to get an oscorp logo in the first Avengers weren't they?

I think the only thing Caps costume needs are the little wings on the cap. His head is... Too round?

Yeah, the problem is the helmets are bulky yet semi skull shaped.
without wings can work in a cartoon or comic because the mask doesn't take up space like it does in real life.
So you end up with normal sized chin/jaw/mouth and eyes yet this huge chrome dome.
Wings break up that shape, same goes for Flash without the big lightning bolts the cowl looks awful.

The visible ears are already helping alot.

Damn that new costume is looking good though.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
If by some miracle we got Spider Man in the movie I'd die that instant. Just by a miracle. And we aren't spoiled

Will never happen :(

He certainly makes it sound easy in this. :)

I'm not even sure right now whether i read that aforementioned quote on why he was smaller in Avengers myself or if i've just seen other people throwing it around so much that it stuck in my mind. Anyway, he doesn't always sound as upbeat about his training regimen as in your text:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/GraphicCity/news/?a=67101

http://www.celebitchy.com/252373/ch...ing_up_for_cap_2_how_does_hugh_jackman_do_it/
Does Evans sounds like he got a crush with Hemsworth? There's also that other interview when the winter soldier cast is asked who's the best looking hero and Evans instantly says Hemsworth. Lol

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
I wouldn't be surprised if there was some form of Spider-Man cameo or Easter egg.

They were trying to get an oscorp logo in the first Avengers weren't they?
They were trying to add the Oscorp building to the NY skyline but couldn't get the details worked out in time.

I used to be really against including Spider-Man in the Avengers, but seeing as how Marvel is never gonna get that property back, they might as well go ahead and address it if they want.

"Hey, guys, just got done beating the Winter Soldier and bought myself this cool new suit. See, it has lines here that outlines my muscles so you know I have a shoulder here, traps here, I have abs here...Takes me 30 minutes a day to work on these babies. I have the stripes extend to my biceps now in case the ladies are more of a biceps person than an ab person, still need to make sure they know I'm American. Speaking of which, I have red spewing from my star to draw attention to it. Again: American and all that. With Lines. My colors are hella brooding now because I may have lost someone dear to me recently plus epic scope of our new conflict"

I'm more or less guessing it's Tony this time who upgrades/changes his suit for this round and adding his own flair (hence the Avenger's "A" on the shoulders).

Dennis

Banned
The hype for Avengers 2 is going to go through the roof when America starts seeing Winter Soldier.

Winter Soldier is some next-level superhero movie shit.

kirblar

The 30-60 minute thing is his normal routine, not the crazy one he references having to do in order to put on all the extra weight before a movie.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
(hence the Avenger's "A" on the shoulders).
I doubt the "A" will stand for Avengers.

This comes always into my mind when I read this posted here:
2968306-5368827775-tumbl.jpg

I think it stands for America ;)

Edit: Ah, shit forget it, I was wrong. Sorry, should look closer to the pics. I am sorry, it was my fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom