• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avengers: Age of Ultron | Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah EMH Ultron is the perfect voice that I've always envisioned in my head. Everything about the way he speaks is spot-on. I hope Spader is directed in a similar manner, but I'm interested in seeing what he brings to the table.

StoopKid

Punisher, Blade and Ghostrider are back at Marvel.

Fantastic Four (when Fox manage it to start production until march) and X-Men are at at least until 2021 Fox.

Spider-Man including Miles Moralea is until 2021 at Sony.

Namor is at Universal, but licence should be soon back at Marvel.

Where did you hear this from ?

So does marvel get the rights back even if sony makes a film in 2020 ?

Platy

Not sure if anyonew saw ... but they turned the Avengers into Digimons

http://youtu.be/2hMcVAKPiX0

BK86ufC.png

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
Mutha fucking hulkbuster????

So ... is this because Ultron takes over tonys armor and they need hulk to stop it? Does he make hulk so angry Tony has to step in a talk him down and you don't do that shit unless you in a hulkbuster suit?? WHAT IS HAPPENING!!

Please please please please please let there be a Hulk/Widow weird relationship there. I wanna see her give him a hug on his forearm or something.

Git hype. could one of you wonderful human beings perhaps send me a PM with all the storyline/leak info ?

OldRoutes

welp marvel will never get the rights back ):

Unless Marvel pays a lot of money. Which might happen, depending on their strategy. Marvel is under Disney's umbrella, so IP and distribution exchanges could also be part of the deal (much in the way of the deal they did to get back some IPs from Fox).

Namikaze1

Winter Soldier spoilers:

While I am loving the new Cap suit they have for AoU, I wonder
if they'll explain how Cap got his shield back. He loses it in The Winter Soldier. Perhaps it's not the same one. Perhaps it is.
I'm just wondering you know.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Unless Marvel pays a lot of money. Which might happen, depending on their strategy. Marvel is under Disney's umbrella, so IP and distribution exchanges could also be part of the deal (much in the way of the deal they did to get back some IPs from Fox).
They should just give Sony like 750 million dollars and a percentage from the money they earn with Spidey Movies.

My big hope is Sony sells Their movie department, so Disney can buy this IP back.

dabig2

They should just give Sony like 750 million dollars and a percentage from the money they earn with Spidey Movies.

My big hope is Sony sells Their movie department, so Disney can buy this IP back.

Now this would be interesting. With all the good PS4 news, I forgot that the rest of Sony is still in massive deep waters, particularly their music, television, and movie sectors. Spiderman is literally Marve's flagship character (and fits the "Marvel tone" so perfectly that it still hurts he's not in their movies) so I really hope something in the nearish future can be worked out.

Kuroyume

Banned
New Cap suit looks like shit. Tie between First Avenger and Winter Soldier for best costume.

Btw, now that Marvel has the Blade rights back is there any reason Blade shouldn't join the Avengers? More interesting than pudgy midget Hawkeye they have running around right now.

New Cap suit looks like shit. Tie between First Avenger and Winter Soldier for best costume.

Btw, now that Marvel has the Blade rights back is there any reason Blade shouldn't join the Avengers? More interesting than pudgy midget Hawkeye they have running around right now.

Wow that's all sorts of terrible.

bananas

Banned
The Spiderman license is worth way over a billion,
Sony isn't going to let it go for the box-office take of a single movie, let alone the lowest performing one.

Sony gives Spider-Man creative control to Disney. Sony gets 30% of all box office returns and U.S. distribution rights for any solo Spider-Man film for the next 10 years.

Or something. I dunno.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
The Spiderman license is worth way over a billion,
Sony isn't going to let it go for the box-office take of a single movie, let alone the lowest performing one.

I really hope Disney acknowledge the worth of Spider-Man and just throws Money at Sony.

It makes me incredible sad, that I cant see my favorite superhero in this amazing universe Marvel has built :(

Dai101

Banned
Nah. Sony can go and fuck themselves. Disney can just let their bad decisions make them firesale everything and get the rights for peanuts. Or not. I don't really care since now that MAHVEL has gone to this lenghts they can put ANY comicbook movie and this will work.

StoopKid

Now this would be interesting. With all the good PS4 news, I forgot that the rest of Sony is still in massive deep waters, particularly their music, television, and movie sectors. Spiderman is literally Marve's flagship character (and fits the "Marvel tone" so perfectly that it still hurts he's not in their movies) so I really hope something in the nearish future can be worked out.

Eh I don't know about all that.

Sony would probably stop making electronics before selling the movie division.

I was thinking about this earlier! Punisher is one of my favorite characters. How could he fit in though?

Am I the only one that enjoyed War Zone?

Read the new Punisher series by Nathan Edmondson. Requires no baggage of previous issues. Pretty much tailor-made and can slot right into the MCU.

I liked War Zone.

Jibbed

How the hell is Avengers 3 even gonna work guys? By the time we eventually get there in I'm guessing... 2017/18(?), we'll have 15-20+ 'main characters' or something all teaming up against Thanos.

I'm not into comics myself but having wiki'd the shit out of both the MCU and the history The Avengers, my mind is kinda being blown here.

Anth1888

Sony Music Entertainment is doing well? I'm sure in Sony's recent earnings it was the insurance and music divisions that were very healthy and their main profit centres.

No way Sony have any plans in selling the Spiderman rights especially with the 'expanded universe' they have planned with the Venom and Sinister Six films.

OldRoutes

How the hell is Avengers 3 even gonna work guys? By the time we eventually get there in I'm guessing... 2017/18(?), we'll have 15-20+ 'main characters' or something all teaming up against Thanos.

I'm not into comics myself but having wiki'd the shit out of both the MCU and the history The Avengers, my mind is kinda being blown here.

It's obvious Avengers 3 is going to be split in 2 movies. If not 3.

odiin

My Apartment, or the 120 Screenings of Salo
I was thinking about this earlier! Punisher is one of my favorite characters. How could he fit in though?

Am I the only one that enjoyed War Zone?

There was a rumor way back when that the Punisher was supposed to have a role in the Winter Soldier. Then, in a recent interview the writers mentioned that they had written an alternate draft as a sort of back up plan with different character subbing for the Winter Soldier role. I think it's safe to put two and two together and surmise that that character was the Publisher.

They'll start to pick and choose which heroes get to be in the movie, while maybe making complementary comic book to show the heroes that doesn't get in the movie. Kinda like hawkeye is totally absent and not even mentioned in winter soldier, but hopefully we get to see what he's doing in marvel oneshot or something else.

That's what I think will happen.

Tobor

If the third movie is in fact Infinity Gauntlet, there's a very easy way to give all the introduced characters small parts then thin the herd for the rest of the movie.

Winter Soldier spoilers:

While I am loving the new Cap suit they have for AoU, I wonder
if they'll explain how Cap got his shield back. He loses it in The Winter Soldier. Perhaps it's not the same one. Perhaps it is.
I'm just wondering you know.

If they found it
under the arctic ice
then I'm sure they can find it
at the bottom of a river

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom