• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avengers: Age of Ultron | Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Winter Soldier spoilers:

Bucky Barnes better be in this movie, and not as an antagonist.

Toadette

Banned
Not sure if anyonew saw ... but they turned the Avengers into Digimons

http://youtu.be/2hMcVAKPiX0

BK86ufC.png

what the hell i need thisssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

will it be dubbed

Pop

Winter Soldier spoilers:

Bucky Barnes better be in this movie, and not as an antagonist.

Since he signed that 9 deal movie, I can't see why not.
Bucky/WS joins the Avengers anyway and you could tell that's what they wanted to portray towards the end. He's not bad anymore.

Gartooth

How the hell is Avengers 3 even gonna work guys? By the time we eventually get there in I'm guessing... 2017/18(?), we'll have 15-20+ 'main characters' or something all teaming up against Thanos.

I'm not into comics myself but having wiki'd the shit out of both the MCU and the history The Avengers, my mind is kinda being blown here.

Seeing this roster stand against Thanos:

Iron Man, War Machine, Captain America, Falcon, The Winter Soldier, Thor, Hulk,
Black Widow, Hawkeye, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, Vision, Ant-Man, Dr. Strange,
Starlord, Drax, Gamora, Groot, Rocket Raccoon, and maybe a few others (Sif, Nova, Wasp)

would be absolutely amazing. Over half those characters would definitely be more like cameos that are irrelevant to the plot until the very end, and that is ignoring the possibility that some of those characters may be dead by Avengers 3 or unable to partake in it for plot reasons, among others. (Assembling the actors, putting together such an event)

is Falcon in this?

Starlord, Drax, Gamora, Groot, Rocket Raccoon, and maybe a few others (Sif, Nova, Wasp)

if there's a scene in Avengers 3 where all of these characters fight Thanos i'll probably faint.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER

would be absolutely amazing. Over half those characters would definitely be more like cameos that are irrelevant to the plot until the very end, and that is ignoring the possibility that some of those characters may be dead by Avengers 3 or unable to partake in it for plot reasons, among others. (Assembling the actors, putting together such an event)

Do we think they'll attempt to do this without Adam Warlock?

charsace

Hopefully Scarlett Johansson's role is not diminished due to her pregnancy, she was great in The Winter Soldier.

I used to think she was a poor actress. She isn't, she just isn't charismatic and is better served in a role that doesn't rely on charisma. In Winter Soldier she wasn't trying to be charismatic that's why she works here.

Astorgh

I'm absolutely fine with some characters dying. But actually dying not
Coulson or Fury
kind of dying.

injurai

Banned
I used to think she was a poor actress. She isn't, she just isn't charismatic and is better served in a role that doesn't rely on charisma. In Winter Soldier she wasn't trying to be charismatic that's why she works here.

I really liked her in We Bought a Zoo for this. She's leveraged for her sex appeal but really she has a lot more potential in that sort of down to earth character. I really found myself liking her in Winter's Soldier. Alongside Cap and Nick as well. A lot of great character interactions and development going on their. For Natasha in particular they really developed her interactions with others.

I hope there's a scene where Black Widow tries to shoot Thanos with her glocks.

Her disproves this theory. She's only did voice-work in that film and yet still made for a hugely charismatic presence.

Half of them would be cannon fodder. It hurts to say, but they need cannon fodder for Thanos

charsace

Her disproves this theory. She's only did voice-work in that film and yet still made for a hugely charismatic presence.

I saw her and thought she was great in it and should have been a contender for an Oscar. How she didn't get a any recognition when Julia Roberts, Meryl Streep, Amy Adams, Sandra Bullock, and Jennifer Lawerence all got nominations is puzzling.

To me Her is an anomaly. For me Scarlett usually excels in roles where she is more of an everyday type of character or depressed and/or dark.

odiin

My Apartment, or the 120 Screenings of Salo
Consider it a 2-part PSA

1) Mark your Winter Soldier spoilers, guys.

2) Tread lightly if you're not caught up.

I get kind of nervous personally since both this and the Cap spoiler thread are active and sometimes I have to look up and remind myself which one I'm in so I don't spoil everything accidentally.

Blader

I saw her and thought she was great in it and should have been a contender for an Oscar. How she didn't get a any recognition when Julia Roberts, Meryl Streep, Amy Adams, Sandra Bullock, and Jennifer Lawerence all got nominations is puzzling.

To me Her is an anomaly. For me Scarlett usually excels in roles where she is more of an everyday type of character or depressed and/or dark.

The Academy didn't consider her performance eligible because she was never on screen. :lol

LaNaranja

And Daredevil, Luke Cage, Jessica Jones, and Iron Fist.

This.

She's fucking great ... they just never gave her room to do much with BW. Now we have TWS and what do we get? Scar getting some damn room to pump some life into a character.

This.

She's fucking great ... they just never gave her room to do much with BW. Now we have TWS and what do we get? Scar getting some damn room to pump some life into a character.

She didn't have anything to work with? What?

Her screen time to fucking awesome ratio is the highest of any other character in the MCU. Virtually every time she is on screen she does or says something amazing.

eastx

She didn't have anything to work with? What?

Her screen time to fucking awesome ratio is the highest of any other character in the MCU. Virtually every time she is on screen she does or says something amazing.

Except for Iron Man 2, in which her character didn't fit the narrative at all and bogged down an already problematic movie. She's fine in Avengers and great in Winter Soldier though.

Except for Iron Man 2, in which her character didn't fit the narrative at all and bogged down an already problematic movie. She's fine in Avengers and great in Winter Soldier though.

And yet she still managed to do something funny and/or amazing during every moment of her screen time.

Tobor

Mickey Rourke bogged down IM2. Everyone complains about the Shield stuff in IM2, but it's the best part of the movie.

eastx

Mickey Rourke bogged down IM2. Everyone complains about the Shield stuff in IM2, but it's the best part of the movie.

Not that the SHIELD stuff is bad (except for Black Widow - her character is just plain under-written and her action scenes are much phonier than in subsequent films), it just doesn't fit the movie it's in. Compare how well those scenes fit the A story of Tony dealing with Whiplash and Justin to how well Black Widow's scenes (or anybody's scenes) fit into the narrative of Winter Soldier.

I agree that Whiplash didn't work well in Iron Man 2 either... Under-motivated villain who can miraculously do all kinds of crazy crap and goes out like a chump in an anti-clamactic boss battle. So disappointing.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Not that the SHIELD stuff is bad (except for Black Widow - her character is just plain under-written and her action scenes are much phonier than in subsequent films), it just doesn't fit the movie it's in. Compare how well those scenes fit the A story of Tony dealing with Whiplash and Justin to how well Black Widow's scenes (or anybody's scenes) fit into the narrative of Winter Soldier.

I agree that Whiplash didn't work well in Iron Man 2 either... Under-motivated villain who can miraculously do all kinds of crazy crap and goes out like a chump in an anti-clamactic boss battle. So disappointing.

Yeah, I never understood that whole revenge-story. His dad was failed to be recognized for his part in the Arc-reactor? Wat? Okay, I can get with this, but then he constructs his own Arc-reactor and instead of building an empire to match Stark Industries with it, he develops some half-assed exoskeleton to attack Stark in Monaco directly. And when that fails, he goes on to work for Hammer Industries.

Avengers without Wolverine or Spiderman is depressing. Disney spend whatever you need to bring these back into the fold

I can really do without them. They were never important to The Avengers until recently anyways.

It's Fantastic Four and their villains that Disney should be spending their cash on.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Yeah, I never understood that whole revenge-story. His dad was failed to be recognized for his part in the Arc-reactor? Wat? Okay, I can get with this, but then he constructs his own Arc-reactor and instead of building an empire to match Stark Industries with it, he develops some half-assed exoskeleton to attack Stark in Monaco directly. And when that fails, he goes on to work for Hammer Industries.

His father died drunk and alone and he's a pretty angry dude

*shrug*

injurai

Banned
Avengers without Wolverine or Spiderman is depressing. Disney spend whatever you need to bring these back into the fold

I've honestly never been a fan of Spider-Man in the Avengers for whatever reason. However it's really depressing to me to thing X-Men is locked away by 20th Century Fox.

The casting is perfect for Logan, Charles and Eric. The movies while having some great scenes are still pretty marred. MCU is just a new calibre of treatment that I would love to see them get in on.

From what I gathered, it's not that he didn’t get credit for helping with the Arc reactor, it's that he was straight up written out of any of it, basically screwing him. Also, I would assume that the fact he then contracted Palladium poisoning, either during the initial building aspect with Stark or through his own experiments after being screwed, would be a pretty big reason for Ivan to be pissed at Tony's father. Then of course you take into consideration that Tony is the world's golden boy and worlds first, legit super hero and yet you have Ivan who clearly hasn’t had the best of upbringings and is worlds apart from Tony when he could have been working side by side with him if things had happened differently.

As for the empire building etc I really don’t think Ivan had the resources to go for that, let alone trust anyone to treat him fairly and give him the credit he deserves without ripping him off. Oh, and of course his dad just died at the hands of Tony's father (In Ivan's eyes). He has also had lots of trouble with the law and lives in Russia, add all those facts up and I think there isn't much chance of Ivan making it a go in the business world.

I liked IM2, I never understood all the hate it got online (But I suppose most popular things do here).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom