• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avengers: Age of Ultron | Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dai101

Banned
Cap;TWS still #1 at the box office

HW1i9Rx.gif

shield

This is true.

I hope, they release soon a collection with all the Movie Tie-Ins in one single Paperback, would love to read them, but they not that cheap. Would be even ok for me, if the decide to make two Collections, with each one book per Movie Phase.

Oh man that's a great idea. I have them all digitally but a big paperback with everything would be fantastic.

Paul Bettany on Vision:

"Oh, [he] can do all sorts of things," said Paul Bettany on Jimmy Kimmel Live! of the Vision's powers in Avengers: Age of Ultron. "But I'm not allowed to really talk about them and what we're going to do because there might be a Marvel agent in the room who will actually wrestle me to the ground and fire me." After commenting that Marvel "pick and choose" powers and abilities from the comics, Bettany went on to discuss going from to just lending his voice to J.A.R.V.I.S. to now physically playing a character. "It's very exciting for me, but everything's a double-edged sword because I was playing JARVIS for years," he said. "My job was I would turn up at a recording studio for 45 minutes, do all my stuff, they would give me a huge bag of cash, and then I would go home. Now, it turns out they've found me out and they want me to actually, ya know, do something. It's not right," joked the actor.

J10

Banned
I bet they nix Vision's density shifting ability. He's probably just gonna be boring laser beams and flight abilities like Iron Man.

Paul Bettany on Vision:

"Oh, [he] can do all sorts of things," said Paul Bettany on Jimmy Kimmel Live! of the Vision's powers in Avengers: Age of Ultron. "But I'm not allowed to really talk about them and what we're going to do because there might be a Marvel agent in the room who will actually wrestle me to the ground and fire me." After commenting that Marvel "pick and choose" powers and abilities from the comics, Bettany went on to discuss going from to just lending his voice to J.A.R.V.I.S. to now physically playing a character. "It's very exciting for me, but everything's a double-edged sword because I was playing JARVIS for years," he said. "My job was I would turn up at a recording studio for 45 minutes, do all my stuff, they would give me a huge bag of cash, and then I would go home. Now, it turns out they've found me out and they want me to actually, ya know, do something. It's not right," joked the actor.

Honestly, I cannot wait for Bettany actually acting.

PsychBat!

Banned
Paul Bettany Confirms Vision Role in ‘The Avengers: Age of Ultron’

Bettany said he’s excited to have a more active role in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, even if it comes at the expense of his very cushy Iron Man gig.

“Everything’s a double-edged sword, because I was playing J.A.R.V.I.S. for years,” he said. “My job was I would turn up at a recording studio for 45 minutes, do all my stuff, they would give me a huge bag of cash and then I’d go home. Now, it turns out they’ve found me out and they want me to actually, you know, do something!”

But I'm not allowed to really talk about them and what we're going to do because there might be a Marvel agent in the room who will actually wrestle me to the ground and fire me.

It's like the actors are actual superheroes and Marvel employees are the SHIELD agents keeping tabs on them :p

Dai101

Banned
Is anyone else worried they'll have a hard time juggling all these characters?

Nope. If anything Whedon knows how to balance large ensembles. And as above, it's most the actors ego but they seem to be in good tems, everyone of them.

When Flaunt magazine spoke with Elizabeth Olsen last month, the actress was in Italy filming Avengers: Age of Ultron, which several set photos captured as she portrayed Wanda Maximoff aka the Scarlet Witch. Despite being in town for the Marvel sequel, Olsen kept mum on plot details, but she did address the completely new experience. “Any time they give us a call sheet or any time there’s a new draft, they have to shred our old papers," said Elizabeth of the secrecy surrounding Age of Ultron. “I don’t think I’m allowed to say anything! And I’m too terrified. I really just feel like I’m doing something that’s top secret and somehow has a lot more importance than anything else I’ve been around, so that alone is hilarious. I want to take a photo and send to my friends, not that I want to tweet or Instagram it, just for personal reasons—and I feel like I’m going to get in trouble if I take a photo on set!”

Elizabeth Olsen then went on to discuss her approach to playing a character while indicating that playing the Scarlet Witch as made herself confident physically. “I don’t approach things like ‘I am the character,’” she started. “I don’t think that would be healthy for me. I do think, doing things like The Avengers, I’ve noticed I’ve felt really confident recently. And I think it’s because I get to be very confident physically all day. I get to be a kind of grounded badass. And if that’s rubbing off on me, then that’s fun. But then when you’re playing someone who is weak, then you kind of walk around feeling weak without even realizing it. Anyone can bring that into their lives. It’s in our control to be positive or to be powerful or confident, even though people don’t think it is.”

6nw3.png

In other Avengers: Age of Ultron news, an anonymous Twitter source has revealed that both Scarlett Johansson and Samuel L. Jackson were filming scenes recently in the basement of a private UK school, which was transformed into an old Russian hospital. Some other intriguing Age of Ultron nuggets come from Badass Digest, whose owner, Devin Faracii, has teased the Black Panther's presence in the Marvel sequel as well as the Vision's powers and appearance. While covering Paul Bettany’s confirmation that he’ll play The Vision, Faracii declares that the character will definitely fly in the movie and that, according to his sources, The Vision will look very similar to this:
“Yes, they've gone colorful and caped,” he wrote. As for the Black Panther presence, Devin Faracii teased with the following: “What if I told you that Age of Ultron invokes Wakanda as Ultron gets his comic book famous vibranium shell?”

Interview of Olsen Superior - http://www.flaunt.com/people/elizabeth-olsen/

Faracii article of The Vision - http://badassdigest.com/2014/04/14/paul-bettany-confirms-hes-playing-the-vision-in-age-of-ultron/

Faracii article that mentions Black Panther - http://badassdigest.com/2014/04/03/i-think-disneys-bob-iger-is-teasing-a-ms.-marvel-movie/

Hex

Banned
When Flaunt magazine spoke with Elizabeth Olsen last month, the actress was in Italy filming Avengers: Age of Ultron, which several set photos captured as she portrayed Wanda Maximoff aka the Scarlet Witch. Despite being in town for the Marvel sequel, Olsen kept mum on plot details, but she did address the completely new experience. “Any time they give us a call sheet or any time there’s a new draft, they have to shred our old papers," said Elizabeth of the secrecy surrounding Age of Ultron. “I don’t think I’m allowed to say anything! And I’m too terrified. I really just feel like I’m doing something that’s top secret and somehow has a lot more importance than anything else I’ve been around, so that alone is hilarious. I want to take a photo and send to my friends, not that I want to tweet or Instagram it, just for personal reasons—and I feel like I’m going to get in trouble if I take a photo on set!”

Elizabeth Olsen then went on to discuss her approach to playing a character while indicating that playing the Scarlet Witch as made herself confident physically. “I don’t approach things like ‘I am the character,’” she started. “I don’t think that would be healthy for me. I do think, doing things like The Avengers, I’ve noticed I’ve felt really confident recently. And I think it’s because I get to be very confident physically all day. I get to be a kind of grounded badass. And if that’s rubbing off on me, then that’s fun. But then when you’re playing someone who is weak, then you kind of walk around feeling weak without even realizing it. Anyone can bring that into their lives. It’s in our control to be positive or to be powerful or confident, even though people don’t think it is.”

6nw3.png

hOUng2l.gif

J10

Banned

6nw3.png

In other Avengers: Age of Ultron news, an anonymous Twitter source has revealed that both Scarlett Johansson and Samuel L. Jackson were filming scenes recently in the basement of a private UK school, which was transformed into an old Russian hospital. Some other intriguing Age of Ultron nuggets come from Badass Digest, whose owner, Devin Faracii, has teased the Black Panther's presence in the Marvel sequel as well as the Vision's powers and appearance. While covering Paul Bettany’s confirmation that he’ll play The Vision, Faracii declares that the character will definitely fly in the movie and that, according to his sources, The Vision will look very similar to this:

“Yes, they've gone colorful and caped,” he wrote. As for the Black Panther presence, Devin Faracii teased with the following: “What if I told you that Age of Ultron invokes Wakanda as Ultron gets his comic book famous vibranium shell?”

Would you mind linking an article?

Wilbur

Banned
I've never heard of the Vision before. Is he cool? What can he do? What's his backstory? Why is Jarvis playing him? Why is his face red? Who will answer all these questions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom