• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avengers: Age of Ultron | Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Replicant

Nope. If anything Whedon knows how to balance large ensembles. And as above, it's most the actors ego but they seem to be in good tems, everyone of them.

Yeah, I was afraid about characters' screen time but then I remember Whedon tends to group characters in groups of 3 or 4 per scene so usually he manages to get everyone equal amount of time.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
If the Black Panther stuff isn't true...

Phantom-the-phantom-of-the-opera-31818729-500-281.gif

In the future there will only be war........

I've never heard of the Vision before. Is he cool? What can he do? What's his backstory? Why is Jarvis playing him? Why is his face red? Who will answer all these questions?

Vision is a Synthezoid, which means he's a robot made with artificial human anatomy (plastic veins, etc. - all systems based on human organs) He was built by Ultron, but who eventually joined the Avengers. He has the power to change his density (float, walk through walls, become super dense for increased strength) and shoots lasers from his forehead. He was at one point married to Scarlet Witch.

Wilbur

Banned
Cheers man.

Shit's gonna be packed.

Iron Man
Cap
Hulk
Thor
Ultron
Hawkeye
Black Widow
Fury
Quicksilver
Scarlet Witch
Vision
Hill
Rhodes
Von Strucker

Black Panther?
Ms Marvel?

that's a lotta superheroesssssss

odiin

My Apartment, or the 120 Screenings of Salo
Vision is a Synthezoid, which means he's a robot made with artificial human anatomy (plastic veins, etc. - all systems based on human organs) He was built by Ultron, but who eventually joined the Avengers. He has the power to change his density (float, walk through walls, become super dense for increased strength) and shoots lasers from his forehead. He was at one point married to Scarlet Witch.

So he's basically the Avengers' Martian Manhunter mixed in with a little bit of Red Tornado?

Cheers man.

Shit's gonna be packed.

Iron Man
Cap
Hulk
Thor
Ultron
Hawkeye
Black Widow
Fury
Quicksilver
Scarlet Witch
Vision
Hill
Rhodes
Von Strucker

Black Panther?
Ms Marvel?

There was an interview a while back about Joss talking about how the Avengers have a changing roster in their history. I'm betting some of these characters may only stick around for part of the film before exiting however that depends on whether or not this film is incredibly long or about the same length to the original.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs

LaNaranja

Cheers man.

Shit's gonna be packed.

Iron Man
Cap
Hulk
Thor
Ultron
Hawkeye
Black Widow
Fury
Quicksilver
Scarlet Witch
Vision
Hill
Rhodes
Von Strucker

Black Panther?
Ms Marvel?

Falcon?
Coulson and his Agents of SHIELD?
lol

Lebron

Cheers man.

Shit's gonna be packed.

Iron Man
Cap
Hulk
Thor
Ultron
Hawkeye
Black Widow
Fury
Quicksilver
Scarlet Witch
Vision
Hill
Rhodes
Von Strucker

Black Panther?
Ms Marvel?

Most of them have already been introduced to us so they don't have to waste time with that introduction nonsense on them and it won't get all X3/DoFP with new mofos running around without any info at all. We already know the main characters will be the focus, with the side characters being "around". Not like it's a hard formula, JLU manged to pull it off in 30 min eps.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
With who? They got shit outside of Spidey and his villains.

Agreed. Sony's whole aping of the MCU and their Sinister Six movie is gonna fall flat on its face. They just don't have enough characters to pull it off compared to Marvel/Disney.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Black Panther secret casting?

Would be huge.

EDIT: The Ms. Marvel article is so dumb. Literally nothing in there points towards Ms. Marvel.

Most of them have already been introduced to us so they don't have to waste time with that introduction nonsense on them and it won't get all X3/DoFP with new mofos running around without any info at all. We already know the main characters will be the focus, with the side characters being "around". Not like it's a hard formula, JLU manged to pull it off in 30 min eps.

And these are characters that will likely be tied to the main story beats. The Twins are used by Hydra to attack the Avengers and keep them busy while they complete their Ultron Imperative. Ultron goes rogue, builds The Vision, and sends him to Wakanda to obtain Vibranium for his upgrade. Fury sends The Avengers to Wakanda to assist The Black Panther and his troops.

I don't think Ms. Marvel will be introduced, but a Carol Danvers cameo appearance could happen, similar to Hawkeye in Thor and
Agent 13
in The Winter Soldier.

It's really not hard to juggle this many characters when they're tied to the story for very specific reasons. Unlike when other studios try to pack in a bunch of villains or something that have minimal ties to each other.

Mariolee

Cheers man.

Shit's gonna be packed.

Iron Man
Cap
Hulk
Thor
Ultron
Hawkeye
Black Widow
Fury
Quicksilver
Scarlet Witch
Vision
Hill
Rhodes
Von Strucker

Black Panther?
Ms Marvel?

I'm just imagining a scene like from the Anchorman movies where everyone shows up and just mauls each other outrageously.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Wait, Black Panther, where are you guys hearing this from?
The source is super flimsy and its hard to track down the actual quote. It actually doesn't refer to Black Panther, only Wakanda (which has already been referenced in the MCU).

The Ms. Marvel source is actually BS conjecture.

LaNaranja

The source is super flimsy and its hard to track down the actual quote. It actually doesn't refer to Black Panther, only Wakanda (which has already been referenced in the MCU).

Which ones are they? Off the top of my head only the one in Iron Man 2 comes to mind.

Lebron

And these are characters that will likely be tied to the main story beats. The Twins are used by Hydra to attack the Avengers and keep them busy while they complete their Ultron Imperative. Ultron goes rogue, builds The Vision, and sends him to Wakanda to obtain Vibranium for his upgrade. Fury sends The Avengers to Wakanda to assist The Black Panther and his troops.

I don't think Ms. Marvel will be introduced, but a Carol Danvers cameo appearance could happen, similar to Hawkeye in Thor and
Agent 13
in The Winter Soldier.

It's really not hard to juggle this many characters when they're tied to the story for very specific reasons. Unlike when other studios try to pack in a bunch of villains or something that have minimal ties to each other.
Yeah, they've gone a good job of keeping characters connected with the story so you never get the shoehorned feel. Everyone else should take note.

Fox has X-Men and Fantastic Four, both of which are pretty wide-reaching. They could do it easily. Sony with just Spider-Man? Not a chance.
I'm sure Fox would collide with Marvel with some of the overlap in characters if they tried to really expand with FF since I know the film rights are all weird. Sony's just being stubborn and dumb. I know Spidey brings them money, but they're going to dry that well eventually with all the spamming they doing so they can hold the rights.

anaron

I don't think the film is going to be that crowded. The Avengers have been established and the group dynamic will function differently, the characters that have had solo films don't need the same sort of embellishment anymore considering the audience is very accustomed to them.

Sorry to burst the bubble, but I think the most Black Panther that will show in this film will probably be someone mentioning Wakanda in a throwaway line. Like, when they reveal Ultron has a vibranium chasis it will be all:

"Ho shit, isn't vibranium all sorts of rare?"
"Nah, we totally just got it from Wakanda. Turns out they've got buckets of the stuff."
"Oh, guess that makes sense."

And then they'll move on without another mention. Of course, this might prelude a BP movie further down the line...

Wakanda's Vibranium supply is probably a closely guarded secret. Then Ultron will invade Wakanda to get his hands on some, revealing it to the world. This will draw in international attention and interlopers - setting up a Black Panther solo movie.

In this context, I could probably see a cameo by T'Chaka.

LaNaranja

Wakanda's Vibranium supply is probably a closely guarded secret. Then Ultron will invade Wakanda to get his hands on some, revealing it to the world. This will draw in international attention and interlopers - setting up a Black Panther solo movie.

In this context, I could probably see a cameo by T'Chaka.

You don't just "invade" Wakanda. I would think something like this would be a fairly big scene requiring Black Panther to have a bigger role then Hawkeye in Thor.

that is not funny, loeb can only taint tv .....dont even think like that

The kid was a fine actor, and he will be at a similar age Dick was when he first got powers.

J10

Banned
I agree. Trying to invade Wakanda would be an entire movie and it would go very, very badly for the invading force.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom