• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avengers: Age of Ultron | Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
You don't just "invade" Wakanda. I would think something like this would be a fairly big scene requiring Black Panther to have a bigger role then Hawkeye in Thor.

The kid was a fine actor, and he will be at a similar age Dick was when he first got powers.

oh you know it wont be Richard....dont fool yourself.

LaNaranja

oh you know it wont be Richard....dont fool yourself.

It won't be Richard because he has a goofy name. Harley Keener could still take inspiration from Richard Rider though. I wouldn't write him off immediately just because his name wasn't right. His character got as much screen time as Don Cheadle in Iron Man 3. I find it very hard to believe we have seen the last of him.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I watched a short documentary-esque video on Thanos today, because I don't really follow the Marvel universe outside of the films.

Dude's fucked up.
I can't wait for Avengers 3

Mariolee

I look forward to a live action version of this:

AvengersEMHFinaleHeader.jpg

Holy moly I need to watch this show.

Chinner

Banned
i heard president obama will be in this film and in one scene he totures some terrorists so iron man comes and throws him into the sun.

is that true?

IHaveIce

Banned
Including wakanda and BP in the MCU is one of the worst stuff they xould do to it.

Every storyarc in the comics goes downhill as soon as captain asspull and the magic wondercountry wakanda is involved

kirblar

Wakanda's been handled rather obnoxiously over the recent comics history (Wedding, Annulment, the whole Namor thing no one cares about) so I can totally understand people being annoyed with it.

Including wakanda and BP in the MCU is one of the worst stuff they xould do to it.

Every storyarc in the comics goes downhill as soon as captain asspull and the magic wondercountry wakanda is involved

.... Well, seeing as I have no real connection or knowledge of either of their stories, instead of posting a meem gif thing I'm gonna ask "What makes you say this?" :]

Sadist

I can totally see a live news feed happening in Avengers AoU where a mysterious thief robbed the Wakandan mines of their rare Vibranium and we'll see T'Challa giving a press conference or something like that.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
Wakanda's been handled rather obnoxiously over the recent comics history (Wedding, Annulment, the whole Namor thing no one cares about) so I can totally understand people being annoyed with it.

*looks at comics* ...whaaa? wedding, annulment, Namor? dude you are talking about one issue in the middle of civil war from like 8 years ago a page post AvX, and a handful of panels from New Avengers. Thats the past few YEARS of BP and wakanda? Just no....

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I hope they don't go with Space God Thanos, TBH. Giant blue man floating around deep space and blasting fools with his bare hands is too damn stupid. I'd rather have a more grounded incarnation of him.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
I'd rather have a more grounded incarnation of him.

God I am so fucking sick of hearing shit like this. You have a giant green rage monster, a 94 year old super soldier with a indestructible frisbee shield, a billionaire alcoholic flying around in a super suit and the norse god of thunder.

There is *NOTHING* grounded about comic book movies. If you don't enjoy that, go watch something else.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
I hope they don't go with Space God Thanos, TBH. Giant blue man floating around deep space and blasting fools with his bare hands is too damn stupid. I'd rather have a more grounded incarnation of him.

....I dont even know if thats possible with the eternals and deviants....

inky

Never heard of him. Let me guess: gamma radiated hair?

Probably. I don't know either, I just know he is a psychiatrist that sometimes helps Hulk with his issues. I've only seen him on crossovers and stuff. Sounds like the dumbest character ever if I'm being honest.

odiin

My Apartment, or the 120 Screenings of Salo
Just Googled him.

...he was played by Ty Burrell in TIH?

...what?

That was the intention at least initially , but he was never named in the movie despite being called Samson in the script. Does anyone remember how he was credited in the movie?

Alright lesson time:

Gamma radiation in comics brings out what your inner self is.

Bruce had pent up rage and became the raging Hulk.

Jennifer Walters was a shy mousey girl who desired attention from guys and to be the it girl.

Samson was a normal psychiatrist who wanted to be a hero and help people thus gamma radiation turned him into his ideal superhero look.

Also, Doc Samson took all the data he could from Banner and Jennifer to make sure he got the perfect dose of radiation to turn him into a superhero and not a monster.

Also, fun fact, I think they were planning on introducing him in the MCU, because the non-radiation version of him shows up in TIH as Betty's new boyfriend.

OldRoutes

Also, Doc Samson took all the data he could from Banner and Jennifer to make sure he got the perfect dose of radiation to turn him into a superhero and not a monster.

Also, fun fact, I think they were planning on introducing him in the MCU, because the non-radiation version of him shows up in TIH as Betty's new boyfriend.

Wait wait... then why didn't everyone do that? I mean, get the perfect dose of radiation?

OldRoutes

Because Bruce and Jen didn't intend on getting hit with the radiation, both sort-of happened by accident and without control (Bruce's explosion and Jen's transfusion)

No I meant, if Doc Samson got the perfect dose, how come they can't reproduce it? Or is it a plot point?

No I meant, if Doc Samson got the perfect dose, how come they can't reproduce it? Or is it a plot point?

I'm not sure but I seem to remember that the machine Leonard used got destroyed afterwards. Either that or he refused to tell anyone what the dosage was because he didn't want it used as a weapon. He just really, really wanted to be a superhero.

I'm not sure but I seem to remember that the machine Leonard used got destroyed afterwards. Either that or he refused to tell anyone what the dosage was because he didn't want it used as a weapon. He just really, really wanted to be a superhero.

I would really love to see that. Psychiatrist/doctor/scientist sees all the cool heroes flying and punching things and the little kid inside wants desperately to join them. He decides to recreate the banner experiment and becomes a middle ground between Captain America and the Hulk. BUT! Can he learn what truly makes you a HERO?! Stay Tunes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom