• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avengers: Age of Ultron | Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That "rumour" came about because Marvel shoehorned Iron Man into the new Guardians comic to boost sales and a load of journalists swore blind that Stark would be flying off into space at the end of IM3.

I thought it was because someone supposedly saw an early end-credits scene where Tony supposedly went to inspect the source of a beacon somewhere in space. and I don't remember if he specifically met the GotG, but the signal or message implied that it was from one of the Guardians sending an S.O.S.

then it was rumored that since the scene leaked, Marvel replaced it with the therapy session between Stark & Banner.

TDLink

I thought it was because someone supposedly saw an early end-credits scene where Tony supposedly went to inspect the source of a beacon somewhere in space. and I don't remember if he specifically met the GotG, but the signal or message implied that it was from one of the Guardians sending an S.O.S.

then it was rumored that since the scene leaked, Marvel replaced it with the therapy session between Stark & Banner.

The scene never leaked. There was a bullshit 4chan post alleging to leak major scenes from the entire movie. That one, as well as most of them (as they involved The Mandarin not turning out the way he did) were completely fake. It was "believable" because Marvel had been promoting his "Deep Space Armor" (among others) prior to the film in marketing and he was part of the GotG in the comic reboot.

"Does Andy Serkis Really Have A Role In Marvel's AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON?"

Back in April, we spotted a Twitter response from Mark Ruffalo that revealed he was working with motion-capture performance master Andy Serkis to "perfect" the Incredible Hulk in his next outing, Avengers: Age of Ultron. Last week, we finally heard from the Dawn of the Planet of the Apes actor about his involvement, and during that interview, Serkis said that his London-based digital studio, The Imaginarium, is serving as the performance capture consultant on the 2015 Marvel sequel.

"And I'm playing a role... I've been working closely with Mark Ruffalo," he added, insinuating that his role was just consultanting the Hulk actor. However, given the complicated wording of the interview, HitFix's Drew McWeeny has reached to his sources for confirmation: "...They clarified that he is only playing one character in the film, and that the nature of that role is still meant to be a secret." McWeeny's sources also confirmed that Andy Serkis' role is not one that has already been announced, adding "James Spader handled his own performance capture duties as Ultron." So, what character do you think would require Gollum of Lord of the Rings to work closely with Mark Ruffalo in Avengers: Age of Ultron?

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=102944

Motion-captured CGI version of Rick Jones.

I always thought young Micheal J. Fox would make the perfect Rick Jones. With CGI... this can happen.

I mean, look at him:

WD6TuVr.jpg

He's perfect.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...t-of-the-apes-and-revolutionizing-cinema.html

Andy Serkis discusses helping Mark Ruffalo and his role in Age of Ultron:

You’re also apparently playing a character in Avengers: Age of Ultron…is it Thanos?

Um…I’d have to deny that character at this point. But I am playing a character. I was really thrilled that Joss Whedon asked me to be involved. It’s fantastic. I’ve had a ball working with them, both as performance capture consultant through the Imaginarium, but also being asked to be in it. But I can’t say anything more!

All this Planet Hulk talk what about the freaking Braniac at the end of Norton's Hulk?? Or whatever he's called.

The Leader.

He has maybe one good story in him and that's the one Peter David did. I'd love it, but it would really work better with a more talkative Hulk.

He's on screen for all of 2 seconds.

and the entire theatre goes OMG THAT'S STAN LEE, and guys start explaining it to their friends or girlfriends. Does this not happen to you? Every Marvel movie there's like a 1 minute conversation going on in the entire theatre about it.

It's like how Hitchcock stopped appearing in his movies since the audiences were occupied looking for him.

His appearances became so popular that he began to make them earlier in his films so as not to distract the audience from the plot.

obviously it's not that bad but it's still annoying and takes me away from the movie.

Aaron

and the entire theatre goes OMG THAT'S STAN LEE, and guys start explaining it to their friends or girlfriends. Does this not happen to you? Every Marvel movie there's like a 1 minute conversation going on in the entire theatre about it.

It's like how Hitchcock stopped appearing in his movies since the audiences were occupied looking for him.
Then their girlfriends and friends have the memory of hummingbirds because he does it all the time. Also his cameo in Winter Soldier was one of the highlights of the movie.

Blader

So what? It's just a fun little thing. Your complaint boils down to everyone else around you is having fun.

Also, Hitch never stopped making cameos in his movies, unless it was in one of those post-Psycho films I haven't seen yet.

RangerX

Banned

obviously it's not that bad but it's still annoying and takes me away from the movie.

People don't have any conversations in the cinema where I am. They watch the bloody film. No cheering or applauding either thank fuck. I was in an american cinema once and it was fucking horrible, people never shut the fuck up talking or screaming or clapping. Any on point Stan Lee is an absolute legend and I hope to see him in every Marvel film until he can no longer do it.

I'm not bothered by Stan Lees cameos, but it also wouldn't bother me if he never had another cameo. The only one that really ever sticks out at me is his cameo in Amazing Spider. It's the only one that I really remember. All the others I have to think which cameo goes to which movie, none of them stick out at me.

Then their girlfriends and friends have the memory of hummingbirds because he does it all the time. Also his cameo in Winter Soldier was one of the highlights of the movie.

Refresh me. I'm think back to his cameos and I just cannot remember his cameos from either Captain America, Thor Dark World, or First Class.

Or was Winter Soldier the one where he is being interviewed in a park playing chess? Or was that Avengers?

Refresh me. I'm think back to his cameos and I just cannot remember his cameos from either Captain America, Thor Dark World, or First Class.

Or was Winter Soldier the one where he is being interviewed in a park playing chess? Or was that Avengers?

In Cap 1 he was the military guy at the presentation of Cap's award, when the guy showed up to say Cap wasn't coming, Stan was in the audience and said "I thought he'd be taller!"

In Thor: The Dark World he was in the hospital with Erik Selvig, Erik used his shoe to explain harmonic convergence and when he asked if anyone had any questions, Stan said "Yeah, can I have my shoe back?"

In Avengers it was him in the park saying "Superheroes in New York? Yeah right!"

In The Winter Soldier he was the janitor in the museum exhibit where Cap stole his WW2 costume from.

In Thor 2, he was in the hospital that Selvig was sent to and had his shoe stolen by Selvig for a demonstration to the other patients.

richiek

In Cap 1 he was the military guy at the presentation of Cap's award, when the guy showed up to say Cap wasn't coming, Stan was in the audience and said "I thought he'd be taller!"

In Thor: The Dark World he was in the hospital with Erik Selvig, Erik used his shoe to explain harmonic convergence and when he asked if anyone had any questions, Stan said "Yeah, can I have my shoe back?"

In Avengers it was him in the park saying "Superheroes in New York? Yeah right!"

In The Winter Soldier he was the janitor in the museum exhibit where Cap stole his WW2 costume from.

He was a security guard in Winter Soldier.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
I thought he wasn't going to be in Guardians? When did that change?

He didn't want to do it initially because he wasn't involved in any of the characters, then someone reminded him that he actually created Groot way back in the day as a villain for the Hulk.

Probably when someone reminded Stan he created Groot 50 odd years ago. He originally said he wasn't in it but then said he was about a month later.

He didn't want to do it initially because he wasn't involved in any of the characters, then someone reminded him that he actually created Groot way back in the day as a villain for the Hulk.

I thought that might be the reason, but I didn't want to assume.
I wonder if maybe he will be in make-up for that cameo and play some sort of Alien.

or maybe have him having a drink with Howard the Duck in the background at some bar on Nowhere.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ

He probably told kirby "hey why not make a giant...plant.tree monster for the hulk to fight" And then Kirby did the rest.

I thought Groot was actually in the anthology book like ant man was before hulk and the other heroes. I guess he was kinda introduced twice though.

richiek

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2014...r-revealed-in-rare-avengers-2-preview-footage

Description of new Avengers 2 footage.

Known as the ‘Hulkbuster’ in the comics, it looks like Stark’s normal red and gold armour after hitting the gym, and is almost the size of the Hulk himself. Where his normal suit is sleek as a missile, this is bruising like a tank. It’s the iPad to the original’s iPhone, Frasier to the original’s Niles. There’s no word on why the two heroes are fighting, but the Hulk doesn’t need much reason to get in a scrap. You can see some concept art of the fight above: it actually looks better here than the very unfinished footage we saw.

Also sighted were new brother sister duo Scarlet Witch (Elizabeth Olsen) and Quicksilver (Aaron Taylor-Johnson). Scarlet has mysterious reality warping powers (in the footage this mostly involved making some blocks float around) while Quicksilver can run really, really fast (although without the special effects, it was more of a light jog). The Quicksilver character also featured in the recent X-Men: Days of Future Past, played by Evan Peters. Although both have a shock of white hair, there is otherwise no link between the two. Due to the complicated film rights to the character, the Quicksilver in Avengers will not be a mutant, and there will be no connection between the two franchises.

Scarlet Witch was shown fighting alongside Hawkeye (Jeremy Renner, the guy with the bow and arrow from the first film) on a ruined Italian street, but earlier in the reel both she and her brother were locked in fancy Perspex prison cells. Could this be a case of bad guys turning good? Hawkeye knows something about that.

But where are all these new heroes and their toys going to live? Why in Avengers Towers of course. Designed by Tony Stark out of the ruins of his New York penthouse, this has all mod cons: floor to ceiling windows, twin laboratories for Stark and Bruce Banner, and parking for supersonic jets. It’s reminiscent of the SHIELD helicarrier in terms of construction, with lots of shiny metal pillars, but that much real estate in downtown Manhattan must cost even more than the apartment in Friends. Maybe Tony rents his spare room to the Fantastic Four.

Not that the heroes will be spending much time at home. Whereas the first film mostly took place in New York, the Avengers will be fighting the villainous robot Ultron and his army of drones in countries as far apart as Italy, South Korea and South Africa.

richiek

Kevin Feige talks about Avengers Tower and the Hulkbuster

“Last time we saw Stark Tower, from The Avengers, it had gotten beat up a little bit thanks to Hulk and thanks to Loki and the Chituari, and Pepper and Tony were standing over a table looking at plans” he explained. “That’s where we pulled out and all the letters had fallen away except the ‘A’ in Stark. So what they were doing was retro-fitting for The Avengers. And that’s what we see in this next film.

“S.H.I.E.L.D. is gone – for people who are following along. S.H.I.E.L.D. was disbanded and brought down at the end of The Winter Soldier because it turned out to not be the best organisation ever. So Tony’s bank-rolling The Avengers now. And he’s bank-rolling their headquarters. So it’s now Avengers Tower.

“Tony designed it so in addition to a hanger for a brand-new Quinjet, laboratories, places where he can build and store his Iron Man suits, there are I believe two bars. Beautiful multiple space living rooms which are perfect for parties and social gatherings. But it’s a primary location in the film this time around.”

We also saw a brief pre-visualisation of Tony Stark in his Hulkbuster armour, going toe-to-toe with The Green Goliath. It very much played like a moving version of the above sketch, but we followed up with Feige to find out if this scene would be the movie’s money shot.

“There are a lot of scenes that you should be getting excited about” he explained. “That is certainly one of them. I think I said a long time ago when Joss [Whedon] first did his six-page or 10-page outline for Avengers, there was a lot of work and the movie’s adapted quite a bit since then, but there were like six or seven signature things just in that. I said ‘Joss, even if we don’t do anything else. Just do these seven things, that’s enough for the movie. Now let’s get to work and put it all together.’ Those things are in the movie and are amazing, of which that sequence is one.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom