• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avengers: Age of Ultron | Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Cap's uniform looks alot better than the onset pics. The colors pop out more, but not as garish as his Avengers 1 costume.

J10

Banned
Yeah that was revealed a while ago.
Hulk gets tricked by Scarlet Witch into going berserk, Tony's gotta calm his ass down.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Liking Cap's costume. Definitely pops, could use a bit less silver on the arms.

Indifferent to Iron Man.

Ultron looks kind of odd, need a non-Empire picture to make a judgment since they're in the habit of making things look shitty.

There were also deleted scenes that would have given Cap more screen time than Iron Man.
Irrelevant since they were not in the movie proper.

NM5t3He.jpg

RCWfTRY.jpg

Couple more at the link:
http://www.ew.com/ew/gallery/0,,20399642_20834753,00.html

Blader

Interesting that
The Vision is supposed to appear earlier on in the movie. I'd have thought he wouldn't show up til the third act or something.

Party scene details. They spoilered if you want to go into the film clean. Rest of the details are here http://insidemovies.ew.com/2014/07/16/avengers-age-of-ultron-who-is-marvels-angry-metal-madman/

Stark sees the soiree as a chance for the Avengers to schmooze with the city’s powerbrokers in a post-S.H.I.E.L.D. environment, showing that they are not merely superpowered vigilantes. Half-filled glasses of wine, bottles of beer, and partially eaten plates of sushi and cookies litter the tables in this three-story marble and steel structure, constructed entirely within the soundstage—complete with a loading dock for the Quinjet and an upstairs laboratory for Stark and Banner (Mark Ruffalo) to blind themselves with science. Thor (Chris Hemsworth) has put aside the cape and chest plate for a t-shirt and slacks, while Scarlett Johansson’s Black Widow has swapped her leathery catsuit for an empire-waist cocktail dress with a billowing skirt — which helps hide the actress’s real-life pregnancy. Banner looks a little uptight in his purple button-down and tweedy jacket, while Jeremy Renner’s Hawkeye is in wallflower mode, lingering on the periphery by himself, ever the loner. Chris Evans’ Captain America is making small talk with former S.H.I.E.L.D. agent Maria Hill (Cobie Smulders). Most of the partygoers have left; now it’s just the old friends lingering.

And that's when Ultron chooses to strike. He and the Legionaries attack, and although the team manage to take care of business easily enough, Ultron promises this is just the beginning. “I know you’re ‘good’ people,” he tells the Avengers. “I know you mean well… but you just didn’t think it through…. There is only one path to peace… your extermination”.

Growing up Ultron was always my favorite villain. I'm not loving his head here. It doesn't look like him IMO. I'll still watch it a dozen times though.

J10

Banned
I bet Ultron has some amazing monologues in this.

I think Ultron's eyes are the thing they could have done better. Those triangular eyes.

Wazzy

Banned
I'm a little confused about
Vision
. Paul is officialy him right? Like, he's not just voicing or anything?

I think I'm still holding out hope Vin Diesel will play him since I want him to have a bigger role after Groot. :p

Joe

I haven't seen any comic book movies.

If I wanted to watch The Avengers then what movies should I watch first and should I watch them in any particular order?

I haven't seen any comic book movies.

If I wanted to watch The Avengers then what movies should I watch first and should I watch them in any particular order?

Marvel Cinematic Universe

Phase 1:

Iron Man
The Incredible Hulk
Iron Man 2
Marvel One-Shot: The Consultant
Thor
Marvel One-Shot: A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to Thor's Hammer
Captain America: The First Avenger
The Avengers
Marvel One-Shot: Item 47

Phase 2:

Iron Man 3
Marvel One-Shot: Agent Carter
Thor: The Dark World
Marvel One-Shot: All Hail the King
Agents of Shield ep 1-16
Captain America: The Winter Soldier
Agents of Shield ep 17-22
Guardians of the Galaxy
Avengers: Age of Ultron

farisr

When I know the release date for the Guardians of the Galaxy Bluray, I'm going to start rewatching all these about a week before (Except for Agents Of Shield, I can't rewatch that again, even though the later episodes were decent imo). Finish with Guardians Of The Galaxy Bluray. Then wait for Avengers Age Of Ultron (which is probably going to be anywhere from 4-6 months)

Joe

Phase 1:

Iron Man
The Incredible Hulk
Iron Man 2
Marvel One-Shot: The Consultant
Thor
Marvel One-Shot: A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to Thor's Hammer
Captain America: The First Avenger
The Avengers
Marvel One-Shot: Item 47