• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avengers: Age of Ultron | Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wazzy

Banned
just no, that team is so weak they'd be killed by screen transitions, they have their place its not in an avengers vs thanos fight

I'm not saying they should be involved completely but I definitely think they should appear and there's no reason they can't be fit in. We'll be dealing with where the entire world is being threatened, not having them involved in some capacity would be odd.

Quick question.

Seeing that Thanos is/will be MCU's main villain, do you guys think we could see Death appear in fase 3 to give Thanos more depth and explain his motivations?

I Flippin hope so, and if they dont cast Tilda Swinton im gunna be pissed.
She has the perfect look and is also a awesome actress.

tumblr_mejcyeZ1Qs1r3z723o2_500.gif

tumblr_mogc63tes81rd11tco1_400.gif

Feige has said Pym and Ultron are not related in the MCU so that is what we will have to believe for now.

Well, not saying that anything has changed, buy he did say that before all the Ant-Man rewrites. Maybe they found a way to fix that considering that schematic...

Maybe Tony found the design in SHIELD systems, since Pym likely works with SHIELD back in the day, borrowed some brain patterns from Banner w/o his knowledge and mixed in some Jarvis A.I. 2.0 for good measure, and BAM!!! We have Ultron - the MCU Mix.

I wouldn't be surprised if Tony develops ultron as an extra terrestrial defense force since he was legit shook about that in IM3.

The twist of course being that ultron attacks us because we're actually aliens.

Shymalan.jpg

Maybe from the public, but I don't expect the rest of the team to blame Tony for what he's doing, maybe one or two of them like Banner or Thor. I can imagine Steve offering Tony a spot on the new team and Tony refusing.

If Banner and Thor are pissed off by Tony's actions, no way Steve isn't. Especially MCU Steve, who was already pissed off when Tony was just sitting around making dumb jokes. I mean, Ultron as some sort of super defense sounds an awful lot like Project Insight (even if it's not based on it) and Steve had some rather strong feelings about that project.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
I'm not saying they should be involved completely but I definitely think they should appear and there's no reason they can't be fit in. We'll be dealing with where the entire world is being threatened, not having them involved in some capacity would be odd.

they could do a post film episode or something like they did for Thor 2 and Cap TWS. I thought Agent Tripplet was going to be in the film.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
First Tony gets his character dragged in the mud during Civil War.

Now it looks like he's going to become persona non grata in the MCU.

Poor guy just can't get a break.

First Tony gets his character dragged in the mud during Civil War.

Now it looks like he's going to become persona non grata in the MCU.

Poor guy just can't get a break.

Well, it's hardly unsurprising, considering that the main idea behind the creation of his character was to create a character that people would love to hate.

Also, it's not looking so good for him in the current Avengers run either...

Pachimari

All of this talk makes me wanna watch The Winter Soldier. I even have a big poster of that movie hanging here.

But I haven't even watched Captain America: The First Avenger yet.

I'll definitely watch The Incredible Hulk tomorrow so I can continue my run.

Tobor

Quick question.

Seeing that Thanos is/will be MCU's main villain, do you guys think we could see Death appear in fase 3 to give Thanos more depth and explain his motivations?

Of course. Whedon didn't include that line at the end of Avengers for nothing.

All of this talk makes me wanna watch The Winter Soldier. I even have a big poster of that movie hanging here.

But I haven't even watched Captain America: The First Avenger yet.

I'll definitely watch The Incredible Hulk tomorrow so I can continue my run.

people hate on TFA but it is amazing IMO

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I've seen ring girls that look bigger and stronger than her.

Well, she's not a ring girl. She's an actress and thus she has to keep a certain shape. The thing is, she's no bonefish. With some actual trainig she could look pretty damn good, if we are that concerned about her body.

Not every actress can look like Jessica Biel (although I wouldn't mind...).

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Guys I am watching Winter Soldier and its pretty cool. Is IM3 as good or better? What about thr Thor movies?
Captain America is the best Solomovie in Phase II.

Thor 2 is not quiet as good as the first one and Iron Man 3 is the worst Marvel Studios movie.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I prefer Thor 2 to Thor 1, warts and all.

I also happen to think that Avengers is a more satisfying movie than Cap 2 just because of the massive nerd pandering around the third act, but goddamn, Cap 2 is a really accomplished film, probably Marvel's best. Dat elevator scene, dat Bucky...

kurahador

Guys I am watching Winter Soldier and its pretty cool. Is IM3 as good or better? What about thr Thor movies?

Thor movies is pretty basic, but still a fun watch.

I thought IM3 is really good. And the ballsy move they did by trolling the viewers was great and made me love it even more.
Watch the trailer, then the movie. You'll see what I mean.

Denzar

Of course. Whedon didn't include that line at the end of Avengers for nothing.

And what was that line? I ask because I genuinely can't seem to remember.

Also: In Guardians they made Drax out be searching for
vengeance against Ronan The Accuser instead of Thanos like in the comics, right?

And, correct me if I'm wrong but did I see Ronan kill off
The Other like it was nothing
in GotG?

Slayven

And what was that line? I ask because I genuinely can't seem to remember.

vengeance against Ronan The Accuser instead of Thanos like in the comics, right?

And, correct me if I'm wrong but did I see Ronan kill off
The Other like it was nothing
in GotG?

To challenge them is to court death

I'm calling it right now...

The movies ending montage will be accompanied by 'Marvin Gaye - What's going on'

Well, we already know from this year that Marvin Gaye was one of the ingredients that made the Winter Soldier and GotG so awesome. Why not continue the trend of using his music?

Marvin Gaye is Marvel's secret sauce.

Imagine the scene between either Scarlet Witch and Vision, or Widow and Banner set to "Let's Get it On"

and thinking of that, now I'm picturing Marvel trolling Arrow fans with a Scarlet Witch and Vision scene with Quicksilver looking on set to "Radioactive".

This is considered meaty now?

Let's just say that if Gal Gadot had that frame and size, we wouldn't have ever been calling for her to bulk up.

Yes, but if I recall correctly, after the whole conflict he also said something like
Maybe Thanos is the one I should kill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom