• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avengers: Age of Ultron | Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wazzy

Banned
If this is true, I'm hoping we'll see at least one of the Defenders on the team as well.

I would love that but I think the earliest we'll see Defenders in movie verse is Avengers 3. It will still be awsome but yeah. But hey, we could get cameo's!

I'm really hoping the studio character ends up being Spiderman. I think I would have to see Cap 3 way more than I would normally plan.

Pachimari

If he forms his own team, what will happen with the Avengers team?

Oh and still haven't watched The Winter Soldier. The bluray case is teasing me everyday on the shelve.

J10

Banned
If he forms his own team, what will happen with the Avengers team?

Oh and still haven't watched The Winter Soldier. The bluray case is teasing me everyday on the shelve.

Probably nothing will happen. There are multiple Avengers teams in the books.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Do we really need Captain Marvel?

No, but having a badass female hero other than Black Widow would be great. Plus, Carol Danvers would tie up very nicely with Marvel Cosmic.

And Anna Torv is absolutely totes amazeballs. Katee is my first choice because she oozes badassittude, but I wouldn't say a peep if the role went for Torv.

mreddie

Do we really need Captain Marvel?

Yes_yes_yes.gif

Gartooth

I love the idea of having multiple teams of Avengers around. Rather than just "Avengers" films we could also have Secret Avengers, New Avengers, etc.

Xamdou

I love the idea of having multiple teams of Avengers around. Rather than just "Avengers" films we could also have Secret Avengers, New Avengers, etc.

So Captain America will lead the plain human hero division and any one directly associated with him (Black Widow, Hawkeye, Falcon)

While Iron Man will lead the God-Mode heroes: (Thor, Hulk, Vision, Captain Marvel, Scarlet Witch)

No, but having a badass female hero other than Black Widow would be great. Plus, Carol Danvers would tie up very nicely with Marvel Cosmic.

And Anna Torv is absolutely totes amazeballs. Katee is my first choice because she oozes badassittude, but I wouldn't say a peep if the role went for Torv.

Emily Blunt please

Blader

(Tagged for speculation spoilers)

Personally, I see it less as
separate Avengers teams, and more like the original line-up breaks up and Cap forms this new one in its place.

If Tony is responsible for creating Ultron, then part of the ending of that movie is probably going to entail some sort of punishment for him. Prison? Expulsion from the team?

Then figure Thor is going to inevitably fuck back off to Asgard. And Banner gets shot into space, if that particular rumor holds true (Feige and Gunn shot down the Guardians/Hulk crossover, but I don't think it was ever debunked that Banner still doesn't go into space).

So with those three out of the picture, Cap puts together a new team to lead through Phase 3. Then they fight and fail against Thanos in Avengers 3, big 4 reunites, tables turned.

Rumors from last year had said
the team splits up at the end of the film due to Ultron's creation/actions causing a rift between them. Particularly, Thor going back to Asgard and no one wanting to work with Tony. Falcon, Witch, Quicksilver, Vision and Black widow are all with Cap in the end and are the new Avengers.

So the whole throwing in or not with Captain Marvel could easily be placed as the cameo in this scene.

Quick

Banned
Rumors from last year had said
the team splits up at the end of the film due to Ultron's creation/actions causing a rift between them. Particularly, Thor going back to Asgard and no one wanting to work with Tony. Falcon, Witch, Quicksilver, Vision and Black widow are all with Cap in the end and are the new Avengers.

So the whole throwing in or not with Captain Marvel could easily be placed as the cameo in this scene.

Everyone just gets the fuck away from Tony. Haha.

And then they have a big kiss-and-make-up in The Avengers 3, I'd assume, and get the whole gang back together.

separate Avengers teams, and more like the original line-up breaks up and Cap forms this new one in its place.

If Tony is responsible for creating Ultron, then part of the ending of that movie is probably going to entail some sort of punishment for him. Prison? Expulsion from the team?

Then figure Thor is going to inevitably fuck back off to Asgard. And Banner gets shot into space, if that particular rumor holds true (Feige and Gunn shot down the Guardians/Hulk crossover, but I don't think it was ever debunked that Banner still doesn't go into space).

So with those three out of the picture, Cap puts together a new team to lead through Phase 3. Then they fight and fail against Thanos in Avengers 3, big 4 reunites, tables turned.

There's no way
Tony would go to prison or be expelled for the Avengers for Ultron's creation. It'd probably be more like he'd punish himself or something, but how would he be responsible if he was trying to help the Avengers and the world?

This all sounds pretty good.

There's no way
Tony would go to prison or be expelled for the Avengers for Ultron's creation. It'd probably be more like he'd punish himself or something, but how would he be responsible if he was trying to help the Avengers and the world?

No one asked him to put his personality in a robot. They could hold that against him saying Ultron was basically a corrupt you.

No one asked him to put his personality in a robot. They could hold that against him saying Ultron was basically a corrupt you.

I don't think Captain America and co. are that dickish as to throw that in his face.

That's like some stalker trying to become me and then he kills six people and everyone's like "He was trying to be you!" and then throw me into jail.

There's no way

Based off of what the teaser at SDCC was described as, Ultron's effects will be a worldwide assault. So I could see it as a full on expulsion from the team.

Moppeh

Banned

That sounds pretty fucking good IMO. Sign me up.

I don't think Captain America and co. are that dickish as to throw that in his face.

That's like some stalker trying to become me and then he kills six people and everyone's like "He was trying to be you!" and then throw me into jail.

Except Ultron actually has a part of Tony's personality I'm pretty sure he'll be calling him Father throughout the movie plus if he kills a avenger or destroy a significant amount of people in the movie it could happen

D

Deleted member 102481

Unconfirmed Member
Since the guardians of the galaxy are the space avengers and when they meet up with our current avengers that movie is going to have too many people

fact Avengers 3 will have to be a 3 hour movie but look at that cast
Every super hero in avengers 2
the GOTG
Ant Man
Dr Strange

Moppeh

Banned
the GOTG
Ant Man
Dr Strange

I could see them cutting a few corners cast-wise if the accumulation of their pay checks are too ridiculous.

Let's pray that doesn't happen.

Jigorath

Banned
So at the end of the film a bunch of the Avengers will hate each other and go their separate ways I'm guessing. That gives a good in-universe excuse for why these guys don't help each other out in the solo movies. I know a lot of people have been complaining about that. Then they all team back up to fight Thanos in Avengers 3.

So at the end of the film a bunch of the Avengers will hate each other and go their separate ways I'm guessing. That gives a good in-universe excuse for why these guys don't help each other out in the solo movies. I know a lot of people have been complaining about that. Then they all team back up to fight Thanos in Avengers 3.

And would make the scenario I want to happen in Avengers 3 that much more awesome.
Tony dies saving Cap's life. Followed by Cap picking up Mjolnir and laying the smackdown to Thanos.

These are people who have never read comic books.

Since the guardians of the galaxy are the space avengers and when they meet up with our current avengers that movie is going to have too many people

the GOTG
Ant Man
Dr Strange

I don't think the Guardians will be in Avengers 3 (except for maybe a cameo or two), but I do believe a full-on crossover movie is coming.

https://twitter.com/devincf/statuses/505043190705963008
https://twitter.com/devincf/statuses/505046246587785216
https://twitter.com/devincf/statuses/505043520902533120

According to Devin Faraci, Marvel may be having second thoughts about including Captain Marvel in Age of Ultron.

Goddammit.

Dunno why everyone is mad, the implication I get from that is they'd rather set her up in her own movie than backdoor pilot her with Avengers.

That's what it sounded like to me... but if that's the case, they really should just take the next strategically opportune moment and announce it. Just to shut everyone up about it already.

Damn, dat Kerry Washington.

Anna Torv would be a great choice! Never thought about her. Emily Blunt is a great choice.

Man, I'm really thinking about it now.

Anna Torv's a damn good choice.

I was thinking the same thing when I first read that list earlier today.
she didn't even cross my mind, but as soon as I thought about it, I could see it working just fine.

Renekton

That's what it sounded like to me... but if that's the case, they really should just take the next strategically opportune moment and announce it. Just to shut everyone up about it already.
Miss/Captain Marvel isn't on the radar of casual fans, if I'm not mistaken. They don't have to do anything.

LaNaranja

I don't think the Guardians will be in Avengers 3 (except for maybe a cameo or two), but I do believe a full-on crossover movie is coming.

I can just about guarantee that the Guardians will be in Avengers 3. Avengers, Defenders, Guardians, Inhumans, Agents of Shield, hell everything but the kitchen sink should be trying to take down Thanos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom