• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avengers: Age of Ultron | Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Miss/Captain Marvel isn't on the radar of casual fans, if I'm not mistaken. They don't have to do anything.

I know they don't. that comment was more a slight at those begging for the announcement than it was towards marvel to actually appease them.
I'm fully in the corner of Marvel announcing when it suits them best. I can wait.

I can just about guarantee that the Guardians will be in Avengers 3. Avengers, Defenders, Guardians, Inhumans, Agents of Shield, hell everything but the kitchen sink should be trying to take down Thanos.

I know everyone thinks Thanos will be the main baddie in Avengers 3, but if the entire universe teams up is it really an Avengers movie anymore? That's why I think the final Thanos showdown where he fights everyone and their mothers might happen during an event movie outside of the mainline Avengers series. Similar to how event comics get their own book.

Or not.

I know everyone thinks Thanos will be the main baddie in Avengers 3, but if the entire universe teams up is it really an Avengers movie anymore? That's why I think the final Thanos showdown where he fights everyone and their mothers might happen during an event movie outside of the mainline Avengers series. Similar to how event comics get their own book.

Or not.

I've previously speculated that The Avengers 3 will be a 2 part movie.

Thanos Imperative: The Avengers 3 pt 1
Avengers 3 part 2: Infinity Guantlet

Or not.

I agree. If they do something that big and include all the teams plus the TV guys aswell, it should be called something else entirely (Infinity Gauntlet?). But marketing-wise they might want to stick the name Avengers on the title somewhere though.

JdFoX187

Banned

That's the best idea I've seen bandied about. And with Hollywood's obsession with splitting final movies, I could see it happening. I just hope the MCU continues on from that point and doesn't reset itself.

Mariolee

I'm down for this. Marvel's earned enough good will for me to trust that they could pull something like this off. How would this fit into the dates they've set up however?

I was thinking the same thing when I first read that list earlier today.
she didn't even cross my mind, but as soon as I thought about it, I could see it working just fine.

See, I could believe that Anna Torv could not only kick your ass, but bring the serious emotion and shit. She was so good on Fringe. And she's so pretty.

Anna+Torv+2012+Summer+TCA+Tour+Day+3+AovVzhfHhxGl.jpg

I'm down for this. Marvel's earned enough good will for me to trust that they could pull something like this off. How would this fit into the dates they've set up however?

well, i've speculated on that previously as well ;)

*Assuming all dates are Phase 3*

Jul 17th, 2015 - Ant-man

May 6th, 2016 - Captain America 3

July 8th, 2016 - (Doctor Strange - TBA)

May 5th, 2017 - (Black Panther)

July 28th, 2017 - Guardians of the Galaxy 2

Nov. 3rd, 2017 - (Inhumans)

May 4th, 2018 - (Thor 3 - TBA)

July 6th, 2018 - (Captain Marvel)

November 2nd, 2018 - (Thanos Imperative: Avengers 3 pt1)

May 3rd, 2019 (Avengers 3 pt2: Infinity Gauntlet)

AMUSIX

*Assuming all dates are Phase 3*

Jul 17th, 2015 - Ant-man

May 6th, 2016 - Captain America 3

July 8th, 2016 - (Doctor Strange - TBA)

May 5th, 2017 - (Black Panther)

July 28th, 2017 - Guardians of the Galaxy 2

Nov. 3rd, 2017 - (Inhumans)

May 4th, 2018 - (Thor 3 - TBA)

July 6th, 2018 - (Captain Marvel)

November 2nd, 2018 - (Thanos Imperative: Avengers 3 pt1)

May 3rd, 2019 (Avengers 3 pt2: Infinity Guantlet)
Problem with this is that GotG2 is your only Marvel Cosmic movie (unless Captain Marvel is one). I could see them adding one more Cosmic to Phase 3 to more heavily connect Thanos to the Avengers story.

That said, Phase 1 movies brought stuff to Avengers. Iron Man movies brought SHIELD, Thor brought Loki, Captain America brought the Tesseract, Incredible Hulk...well...ok, so nothing there....

What do you think Phase 2 movies are bringing to Avengers 2?

Iron Man 3: The autonomous suits/what will eventually become Ultron
Thor 2: ???
Captain America TWS: Dissolution of SHIELD
Guardians of the Galaxy: ???

Wazzy

Banned
Problem with this is that GotG2 is your only Marvel Cosmic movie (unless Captain Marvel is one). I could see them adding one more Cosmic to Phase 3 to more heavily connect Thanos to the Avengers story.

That said, Phase 1 movies brought stuff to Avengers. Iron Man movies brought SHIELD, Thor brought Loki, Captain America brought the Tesseract, Incredible Hulk...well...ok, so nothing there....

I thought Inhumans and Captain Marvel would be cosmic?

Thor 3 could be connective to not only an Avenger, but the Cosmic side as well.
Thanos still has to go get the Tesseract from Asgard. And possibly even the Gauntlet, if they consider that more than a teaser.

Capt. Marvel could also be partially Cosmic, but mostly Earth based.

If Cap 1 brought The Tesseract, then:
Thor 2 brought The Aether, and
GotG brought the Purple Orb, all of the Cosmic MCU including the Nova Corp and The Collector* (*was also in Thor 2)
and Donald Duck

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
I always forget about the Inhumans being on the table. Please please pleeeeeaaaaaase let BBs "i'm the fucking king" shout moment be screen worthy. pleeeeeeaaaase please.

All the talk about more hulk in Avengers 2 and more moving forward has me itching for more banner time. Not nearly enough of the in and out of hero mode dynamic between him and tony. The blurbs about some initial fighting happening because they disagree on some core shit sounds like it could make for an awesome connection between the two. Like two PHD having brothers who also occasionally get hammered drunk and beat the shit out of each other in the back yard to settle disputes on sciencey shit.

The idea of Tony dieing somewhere in Avengers3 to spark the team to greatness or whatever would probably the best way to sing RDJ out of the franchise if he wants out. Have Thanos pretty much bossing everyone into the floor - kill Tony while giving a Thanos style speach - enter Hulk in insane rage mode. Tide turns.

I could dig it i suppose. Will be a sad day when we watch RDJ hang up the character tho. If Marvel ever gets into reboots or what not they are gonna have a fucking monster of a time on their hands finding a suitable replacement.

Its been rumored
the Avengers lineup will be significantly altered by the end of Avengers 2. It will end with Cap putting an almost entirely new team. Marvel was reconsidering removing carol danvers cameo in favor of starting her in her own solo film.

(Tagged for speculation spoilers)

Personally, I see it less as
separate Avengers teams, and more like the original line-up breaks up and Cap forms this new one in its place.

If Tony is responsible for creating Ultron, then part of the ending of that movie is probably going to entail some sort of punishment for him. Prison? Expulsion from the team?

Then figure Thor is going to inevitably fuck back off to Asgard. *And Banner gets shot into space*, if that particular rumor holds true (Feige and Gunn shot down the Guardians/Hulk crossover, but I don't think it was ever debunked that Banner still doesn't go into space).

So with those three out of the picture, Cap puts together a new team to lead through Phase 3. Then they fight and fail against Thanos in Avengers 3, big 4 reunites, tables turned.

I was just thinking about
that Hulk getting shot into space part,
and the timeline of movies I posted and realized that if Hulk doesn't get his own movie,
and he doesn't pop up in GotG 2,
then where will he turn up next
to make his eventual return to Earth
?

What if he shows up in the Inhumans? Aren't they on the moon?
would it be possible for Hulk to be the "villian" against the Inhumans on the moon, and then he kinda gets his "Planet Hulk" before making his way back to Earth in Ultimate Rage mode? He can be the reason they come to Earth and the Terrigen mist gets released world wide.
I've never read the comics, but it was just a thought... no idea if that would even work based on the comic lore.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
I can just about guarantee that the Guardians will be in Avengers 3. Avengers, Defenders, Guardians, Inhumans, Agents of Shield, hell everything but the kitchen sink should be trying to take down Thanos.

As much as I love to see Chloe Bennet, the agents of SHIELD have no business in a fight with Thanos. Keep it an Avengers / Guardians affair, preferably spread over 2 seperate movies.

and have Squirrel Girl kill Thanos off screen

Wazzy

Banned
As much as I love to see Chloe Bennet, the agents of SHIELD have no business in a fight with Thanos. Keep it an Avengers / Guardians affair, preferably spread over 2 seperate movies.

and have Squirrel Girl kill Thanos off screen

They could easily be support and not actually physically fighting him.

(Tagged for speculation spoilers)

Personally, I see it less as
separate Avengers teams, and more like the original line-up breaks up and Cap forms this new one in its place.

If Tony is responsible for creating Ultron, then part of the ending of that movie is probably going to entail some sort of punishment for him. Prison? Expulsion from the team?

Then figure Thor is going to inevitably fuck back off to Asgard. And Banner gets shot into space, if that particular rumor holds true (Feige and Gunn shot down the Guardians/Hulk crossover, but I don't think it was ever debunked that Banner still doesn't go into space).

So with those three out of the picture, Cap puts together a new team to lead through Phase 3. Then they fight and fail against Thanos in Avengers 3, big 4 reunites, tables turned.

I'd be very surprised if
Tony went to jail for Ultron and I can't even see them expelling Tony from the avengers. Seems more likely that Tony would quit because he brought Ultron down on everyone. He falls into a depressive cycle and withdraws from everything.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
They could easily be support and not actually physically fighting him.

They would be restricted to rolling out the yellow "do not cross" ribbon and enforcing people not to cross. They didn't stand a chance against Deathlok, and he's small fry compared to Thanos.

I'd be very surprised if
Tony went to jail for Ultron and I can't even see them expelling Tony from the avengers. Seems more likely that Tony would quit because he brought Ultron down on everyone. He falls into a depressive cycle and withdraws from everything.

Or
Cap splits off from Stark and forms his own team, while Stark keeps the tower and whoever stayed behind.

Team Stark:
Ironman
War Machine
Hawkeye
Quicksilver
Scarlet Witch
The Vision

Team Rogers:
Captain America
Bucky
Falcon
Black Panther
Black Widow
Capt. Marvel

SHIELD supports both teams, and they keep tabs through Widow and Hawkeye, who still secretly report to Fury.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Or
Cap splits off from Stark and forms his own team, while Stark keeps the tower and whoever stayed behind.

Team Stark:
Ironman
War Machine
Hawkeye
Quicksilver
Scarlet Witch
The Vision

Team Rogers:
Captain America
Bucky
Falcon
Black Panther
Black Widow
Capt. Marvel

SHIELD supports both teams, and they keep tabs through Widow and Hawkeye, who still secretly report to Fury.
I really like this idea of
two teams.

I'm not really rocking with the notion that
Tony gets reprimanded or something by the others for a mistake. Doesn't make sense.

However, what we do know from the little PR that we've seen from the movie is that the actors constantly mention that there is growing tension between the characters. Not only that, but there is another rumour that Marvel wants to replace all of their properties once Cap 3 and Thor 3 are out with new ones, which supports the idea that Cap or TWS will put together a new team by the end of AoU.

FeD.nL

I'd be very surprised if

This is what I expect happens at the end:

Pepper gets killed by Ultron, JARVIS is obviously becoming Vision so he's gone too and Tony is being blamed for the creation of Ultron by the rest of the Avengers. Overcome with guilt and grief he decides to leave earth and head into space to see whats out there. This will make sure Disney wont have to re-negotiate a new contract for a new IM film and you can have him show up at the end of GotG 2 without any lines setting up the Avengers 3 and the ultimate redemption for Tony.

I think Tony, Bruce and Natasha will all choose to leave the team. Cap will take on leadership and will form the new team himself.

Does all this need to be spoilered? >.>

I'd only like that if they released close together. Film the whole thing at once, then drop the first in the beginning of the summer and the second at the end.

Blader

I'd be very surprised if

Yeah, could be that too. However it plays out, I'm just thinking there's no way Tony doesn't get some kind of flak and even punishment in the end for creating Ultron.

Yeah, could be that too. However it plays out, I'm just thinking there's no way Tony doesn't get some kind of flak and even punishment in the end for creating Ultron.

Maybe from the public, but I don't expect the rest of the team to blame Tony for what he's doing, maybe one or two of them like Banner or Thor. I can imagine Steve offering Tony a spot on the new team and Tony refusing.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Maybe from the public, but I don't expect the rest of the team to blame Tony for what he's doing, maybe one or two of them like Banner or Thor. I can imagine Steve offering Tony a spot on the new team and Tony refusing.

In the ComicCon footage,
Thor grabs Tony by the throat.

do we know for sure Pym/Ant-Man is not involved with Ultron? ever since I saw this pic, I keep thinking he's still related with Ultron somehow, the alternate schematic is basically Ultron isn't it?
4cnvCoW.jpg

do we know for sure Pym/Ant-Man is not involved with Ultron? ever since I saw this pic, I keep thinking he's still related with Ultron somehow, the alternate schematic is basically Ultron isn't it?
4cnvCoW.jpg

Feige has said Pym and Ultron are not related in the MCU so that is what we will have to believe for now.

Denzar

Quick question.

Seeing that Thanos is/will be MCU's main villain, do you guys think we could see Death appear in fase 3 to give Thanos more depth and explain his motivations?

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Quick question.

Seeing that Thanos is/will be MCU's main villain, do you guys think we could see Death appear in fase 3 to give Thanos more depth and explain his motivations?

Maybe. Plop her in Dr Strange.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom