• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avengers: Age of Ultron | Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would be stupid not to have it in front of hungry games or hobbit

Those two gonna be the biggest international films this year

I like when event movies have big trailers

It is so interesting seeing the original trailers again and seeing just how much FX work was missing during the battle in NYC. It looks so low key compared to how it actually wound up.

dankir

do we know if Ant-Man and Guardians of the Galaxy be referenced or made known to the characters in Age of Utron?

Ant-man I'm not sure but I doubt any Avengers / Guardians connection is brought to light until Guardians 2.

Unless Thanos appears in Age of Ultron? Are there going to be any more gems appearing in Ultron?

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
http://www.stitchkingdom.com/disney...synopsis-spells-big-trouble-tony-stark-72694/

Official synopsis:

Marvel Studios presents Avengers: Age of Ultron, the epic follow-up to the biggest Super Hero movie of all time. When Tony Stark tries to jumpstart a dormant peacekeeping program, things go awry and Earth’s Mightiest Heroes, including Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, The Incredible Hulk, Black Widow and Hawkeye, are put to the ultimate test as the fate of the planet hangs in the balance. As the villainous Ultron emerges, it is up to The Avengers to stop him from enacting his terrible plans, and soon uneasy alliances and unexpected action pave the way for an epic and unique global adventure.

LaNaranja

Sounds like
they are still letting Hank Pym have a part in the creation of Ultron.

Also do we really need to be spoiler tagging these guesses?

so no war machine :(

iLU2uQdR4VOTR.gif

Edit: Wait it says including. There could still be more. Believe!

Mariolee

I kept reading dormant as dominant and was confused at what you guys were talking about with Pym. This is crazy awesome if true.

richiek

Also, the official synopsis officially confirms the twins names as Wanda and Pietro Maximoff for the first time.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Probably the main cause of the Marvel/Edgar Wright split.

Wish it had happened 5 years ago. Edgar Wright kept both Ant Man and Wasp out of the Avengers for a decade with his non-committal dance of time wasting.

Blader

Wasn't sure whether or not post it since the only source I could find was "the Stitch Kingdom," whatever the hell that is. Has anyone else confirmed it?

Wish it had happened 5 years ago. Edgar Wright kept both Ant Man and Wasp out of the Avengers for a decade with his non-committal dance of time wasting.

Jesus, no.

richiek

Wasn't sure whether or not post it since the only source I could find was "the Stitch Kingdom," whatever the hell that is. Has anyone else confirmed it?

Stitch Kingdom has been pretty reliable about their MCU info in the past.

Do we really have Vision being Vision in a major studio film?

As in, green costume, yellow cape, red face Vision?

Is this real life? Thank you based Marvel

edit: fucking fox and their black leather x-men costumes, see, it could have been done damn it!

I'm glad the post-90s/00s "realistic take on super heroes" is dead. For that whole while people were all, "But dude, super heroes in colorful spandex... that's so STUPID and UNREALISTIC!!". Then Marvel swoops in and says, "Here, super heroes in colorful super hero costumes!" and everybody does a double take, seemingly saying in unison, "Yeah, I think that can actually work after all!!". Glad we've moved past that era of limited imagination(really hate it when imaginative progression is stunted by popular consensus, but love when people are perception of their "only way" is shattered to show that maybe what they thought was impossible is, in fact, possible). I really LOVE what Marvel Studios is doing with their movies, and their presentation of "super heroes" through cinema.

That being said, I LOVE Vision's look. Saw the pic of the poster(where he's in the background) and I had a fanboygasm. Him and the Ant Man artwork really has me applauding Marvel Studios. THESE are what super heroes look like!

JdFoX187

Banned
I'm glad the post-90s/00s "realistic take on super heroes" is dead. For that whole while people were all, "But dude, super heroes in colorful spandex... that's so STUPID and UNREALISTIC!!". Then Marvel swoops in and says, "Here, super heroes in colorful super hero costumes!" and everybody does a double take, seemingly saying in unison, "Yeah, I think that can actually work after all!!". Glad we've moved past that era of limited imagination(really hate it when imaginative progression is stunted by popular consensus, but love when people are perception of their "only way" is shattered to show that maybe what they thought was impossible is, in fact, possible). I really LOVE what Marvel Studios is doing with their movies, and their presentation of "super heroes" through cinema.

That being said, I LOVE Vision's look. Saw the pic of the poster(where he's in the background) and I had a fanboygasm. Him and the Ant Man artwork really has me applauding Marvel Studios. THESE are what super heroes look like!

I think a lot of that has to do with how bad Batman and Robin shit the bed. That movie polluted the waters of superhero films for a long time. And then when Blade and X-Men struck gold back-to-back with more grounded takes on the characters, that seemed to be the way to go, especially since it was in the complete opposite direction of Schumacker's shit.

That audio post - I can't fucking take it. Just gimme that trailer Marvel.

Brighter, more comic book friendly versions of super heroes were presented long before Marvel Studios, even in that 90s/2000s period (or did we forget three Spider-Man flicks and Superman Returns - red booties be damned, fuck we had Daredevil in a red leather suit).

so is there ever going to be a plot line in one of these coming films were Iron Patriot ditches the government gig and turns back into war machine and does the whole avengers or lone wolf thing? seems like Marvel is really underutilizing that character aside from the Iron Man films.

so is there ever going to be a plot line in one of these coming films were Iron Patriot ditches the government gig and turns back into war machine and does the whole avengers or lone wolf thing? seems like Marvel is really underutilizing that character aside from the Iron Man films.

Hes an Iron Man supporting character. Theres not much he can do that Iron Man can't so theres not much reason for him to be there while Tony is.

Hes an Iron Man supporting character. Theres not much he can do that Iron Man can't so theres not much reason for him to be there while Tony is.

true, but he's a hell of lot more fun to watch in action sequences than Black Widow or Hawkeye. id rather him show up as a supporting character in other films like they do.

I think a lot of that has to do with how bad Batman and Robin shit the bed. That movie polluted the waters of superhero films for a long time. And then when Blade and X-Men struck gold back-to-back with more grounded takes on the characters, that seemed to be the way to go, especially since it was in the complete opposite direction of Schumacker's shit.
I tend to dislike the whole "don't like something, do the exact opposite" way of thinking. It doesn't make things better, IMO. Though, as far as Blade was concerned, wasn't he already wearing a black leather suit in the comics? Despite being more "grounded"(maybe moreso with the villains, though Del Toro did wind up adding a little imagination withi the Reapers), the Blade movies(sans Trinity, which was crap), did fine capturing the dark occult/horror aspects of the Marvel universe(better than Nicky Cage's Ghost Rider movies).

The X-Men were just plain awkward. Didn't Joss Whedon make fun of the "black leather suits" in one of his X-Men runs?

Brighter, more comic book friendly versions of super heroes were presented long before Marvel Studios, even in that 90s/2000s period (or did we forget three Spider-Man flicks and Superman Returns - red booties be damned, fuck we had Daredevil in a red leather suit).
Prior to that, I think it's cheese turned off people(as JdFoX187 said). Prior to even that, the old Fantastic Four and Captain America movies were kind as low budget as you can get. The Reeve Superman flicks were still iconic and came during a time(late 70s-80s) when people didn't mind "outlandish fashion". And I think the Raimi Spider-Man movies were an exception to the "grounded" thing, considering they seemed more family aimed(and kids, frankly, aren't as judgmental regarding super heroes as teenagers and adults are). That being said, didn't Superman Returns bomb(or at least, not do good)? I recall it getting bad reviews. I never watched the whole thing(only made it halfway through), though I admit, I've never been much of a Superman fan.

LaNaranja

true, but he's a hell of lot more fun to watch in action sequences than Black Widow or Hawkeye. id rather him show up as a supporting character in other films like they do.

Hell yeah. I really hope we see some more of Cheadle in Phase 3. I honestly don't care if he does so as Iron Patriot, War Machine, or fucking Captain Planet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom