• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avengers: Age of Ultron | Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read thaf Avengers 3 might be broken out into two movies with part 2 being released a year later. That way they could work in Drax and the Guardians and other heroes for Thanks.

The rules of Hollywood would make this impossible, at least without re-negotiating Chris Evans and Robert Downey Jr's contracts. You're not allowed to pay an actor for one movie and then sell it as two. For a more detailed breakdown, read here:

http://badassdigest.com/2014/09/27/...ade-it-unlikely-that-avengers-3-will-be-made/

What they could do, however, is make a two part Infinity Gauntlet Saga out of Guardians 2 and Avengers 3.

They could just make two. Yeah they'd have to pay out some $$$ but turning out two billion+ movies in six months is probably worth it. Hell, just have Thanos kill Tony at the end of the first. Despite he earlier reports Evans said he's up for more Cap especially if they're shot back to back and he get a decent wage for at least one of em.

Mariolee

What they could do, however, is make a two part Infinity Gauntlet Saga out of Guardians 2 and Avengers 3.

Didn't Gunn say that Thanos really wasn't a big part of Guardians 2 at all to the point where they could exclude him entirely and it would relatively remain the same story? I don't think they're going to do that. Hopefully they give Gunn the freedom he deserves unlike what they did with Favreau with Iron Man Dos.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
http://www.stitchkingdom.com/disney-guardians-galaxy-bluray-72869/

Guardians of the Galaxy Blu-ray will include an exclusive preview of Avengers: Age of Ultron.

BONUS FEATURES (DIGITAL HD*, DISNEY MOVIES ANYWHERE, 3D BLU-RAY, BLU-RAY)

Never-Before-Seen Deleted Scenes
Making-of Featurettes
Exclusive Look at Marvel’s The Avengers: Age of Ultron
Gag Reel
Audio Commentary

Read more: 'Guardians of the Galaxy' on Blu-Ray 12/9 with Deleted Scenes, Audio Commentary and More; Digital HD in November | Stitch Kingdom
StitchKingdom.com - The #1 unofficial source for news on Disney

CKJlETi.gif

JustinBB7

Do you think they'll not show anything to the public before the blu-ray? They'll show something right.. soon..:(

Also that Ruffalo thing, what ever happened to that, is he on Valve time or was it something else.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Are you guys sure they would leave after their contract is up, cause they're making bank now(assumedly) and their faces are associated with these marvel characters, I wouldnt be quick to leave something so successful

Are you guys sure they would leave after their contract is up, cause they're making bank now(assumedly) and their faces are associated with these marvel characters, I wouldnt be quick to leave something so successful

Are you talking about Evans and RDJ? The rumors of them leaving are exaggerated. Evans has already said his comments about quitting acting to direct have been exaggerated out of context and that he's likely to keep doing Cap. RDJ has also said he's likely down for more even if it's just for Avengers sequels as opposed to dedicated Iron Man sequels. That doesn't mean something could go horribly wrong in negotiations, but I think it's likely they'll both return.

HeySeuss

I'm going to go with the reasoning that if the exclusive preview is on the blu ray, that we're getting a trailer well before that. Seems like the November rumor might be true.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Are we not going to get any more Marvel One-Shots? Those were starting to be the best thing about the home releases.
Apparently. I guess Agents of SHIELD and Agent Carter have a similar purpose as the One Shots had.

The thing I miss are the proper extras though, Phase 2 releases have been pretty barebones on that front, especially when compared to IM1 & 2 multiple disc ones which had feature-length behind the scenes :(

Watch, Whedon will flip the rumors of Hawkeye dying on their head when the true ending comes out...and all the Avengers die

...except Hawkeye #WhatATwist

GOTG probably will not come out on dvd and bluray combo pack will it?

I would assume it will, or at the very least a 3D combo pack. Disney/Marvel does do them.

Interesting interview with Robert Downey Jr.:

http://deadline.com/2014/10/robert-downey-jr-qa-the-judge-iron-man-4-mel-gibson-845359/

He'd be down with doing Iron Man 4, if Mel Gibson directs.

Makes sense. Mel had his back for ages when RDJ was down, so he probably wants to help him.

I would assume it will, or at the very least a 3D combo pack. Disney/Marvel does do them.

I thought they had stopped doing them? Because when I bought Thor 2, it wasn't released as a dvd/bluray combo. I know they do te 3D bluray combo, but that does not include the dvd.

I thought they had stopped doing them? Because when I bought Thor 2, it wasn't released as a dvd/bluray combo. I know they do te 3D bluray combo, but that does not include the dvd.
Disney only does two releases for the Marvel films nowadays:
  • A single-disc Blu-ray.
  • A Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray + Digital Copy combo.

Considering Marvel's running theme of inclusion and diversity do you really think they'd really hire anyone with that kind of history? It would just be a distraction from the film itself which would be disastrous.

Quick

Banned
But what do his views have to do with his ability to direct?

It's not just the matter of his ability, but reputation. That can harm a production.

You can say that RDJ had a shit reputation before Marvel took him in, but it's a whole different story when it's the director, the head of the movie, that will attract the attention.

It's not just the matter of his ability, but reputation. That can harm a production.

You can say that RDJ had a shit reputation before Marvel took him in, but it's a whole different story when it's the director, the head of the movie, that will attract the attention.

Also no one was accusing RDJ of being a racist either, that's different than just drugs.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Mel Gibson on Iron Man 4?

Yup, just kill Downey off in Avengers 2. Maybe even in a one-shot on the GotG Blu-Ray if they can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom