• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avengers: Age of Ultron | Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Honestly I don't see that happening and all. If Marvel has decided to finish off this whole arc using two films instead of one, I honestly don't see it being a problem for most if not all of their actors and contracts. Call me crazy but I don't think these guys are THAT eager to jump ship, and I think they can work out an agreeable rate at which to extend the contract or come back for one last film.

Yeah they're actors and all, but none of them seem like they hate making these movies THAT much, and they're not having to commit that much more time if both films will be shot within a reasonable time frame of one another.
There's also the fact that any time an actor threatens to leave in order to up their pay, these outlets think the MCU is on the brink of collapse or something.

Plus if they are planning on using Avengers 3 as a vehicle to introduce/set up a New Avengers team, then it's going to be packed enough as it is and a lot of the current team members would likely only appear for supporting/cameo parts, especially if they would play a role in the larger universe cross-over event (let's just call it INFINITY for now).

The rumours of Cap forming a new team at the end of Age of Ultron makes sense if it's going to work this way. Maybe they get Evans back for both of the new movies and he leads the New Avengers team with Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, Panther, Captain Marvel, Ant-Man/Wasp and Doctor Strange. Then for Thanos, they need to get the core team back together along with the New Avengers, The Guardians of the Galaxy, and The Defenders. It'd be massive.

Dalek

I'm of the opinion thay the Marvel Studios brand is so strong that WHEN (not if) they recast these characters-it won't affect the box office returns. People want to see Thor, not necessarily Chris Hemsworth. RDJ obviously is the big one, but I think the Iron Man franchise can survive with the right casting-and Marvel is great at casting.

jmood88

I'm of the opinion thay the Marvel Studios brand is so strong that WHEN (not if) they recast these characters-it won't affect the box office returns. People want to see Thor, not necessarily Chris Hemsworth. RDJ obviously is the big one, but I think the Iron Man franchise can survive with the right casting-and Marvel is great at casting.

I don't see why they need to recast any of the roles. They should just keep introducing new characters, like they've started doing.

I don't see why they need to recast any of the roles. They should just keep introducing new characters, like they've started doing.

Well obviously at some point in the future they're going to want to use characters like Captain America and Iron Man in their stories again.

But I agree, it's better to give new characters the spotlight (which will be good both for their movies and comics) and give the current core Avengers roster a rest, until they can actually build some hype by announcing new castings instead of doing it RIGHT after the old guys/gals step out of the roles.

anaron

Maybe. I mean, it would be jarring for in the same continuity that these actors to suddenly wildly change in age.

I think what makes a shared universe special is that the actors are mostly all the same. Take that away they're no longer illustrating the appearance of a consistent, living breathing world.

Hard to deny that Chris Hemsworth and Chris Evans are a big part of why people went to watch these movies in the first place.

They are as important to the role as the character they play, but I do agree that there probably won't be too big of a box office drop when they are inevitably recast.

Dysun

These movies are making stupid amounts of money. They should throw huge paydays at everyone involved as long as possible

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Age of Ultron toys @ NYCC:

oJKaoTV.jpg

gypHbvE.jpg

irTZPls.jpg

ukVZqRJ.jpg

Yj7O7VI.jpg

Sxp4jY3.jpg

s7eHWkl.jpg

eh40b8e.jpg

source:

http://marvelousnews.com/index.php?itemid=18143

Robert Downey jr is both not getting any younger or cheaper. Plus, he seems like he is starting to lose interest in the role. Wouldn't be surprised if an iron man 5 is a reboot/relaunch with a new actor.

They have to plan for these things.

the hulk toys look pretty good, how pose-able is this toys? and how's the build quality

also, how much are they? I assume this is cheaper more mainstream toys and not the expensive collector hot toys?

jmood88

Robert Downey jr is both not getting any younger or cheaper. Plus, he seems like he is starting to lose interest in the role. Wouldn't be surprised if an iron man 5 is a reboot/relaunch with a new actor.

They have to plan for these things.

Like I said, I don't know why they would have to recast the roles. Of course I know it's likely that they'll end up being recast but with all the characters that Marvel has and with Guardians of the Galaxy doing so well, there's no reason for them to just move on from characters once the contracts run out and continue with new series'.

LaNaranja

That Hulk toy looks darker than what was in Avengers. I wonder if that is just the toy or if they are going to change up the look of Hulk a bit. It looks like a cross between Norton and Ruffalo Hulk.

Anyway I can't wait to see what Lego(s) they come up with.

That Hulk toy looks darker than what was in Avengers. I wonder if that is just the toy or if they are going to change up the look of Hulk a bit. It looks like a cross between Norton and Ruffalo Hulk.

Anyway I can't wait to see what Lego(s) they come up with.

It would be such an interesting twist to make this version of the Marvel universe the first where human characters actually age. No recasting, just new generations of heroes borrowed from the vast repertory of characters at their disposal.

Then eventually... many years later... maybe reboot the universe again to reintroduce Iron Man and whatnot.

I can't see Disney doing this though.

It would be such an interesting twist to make this version of the Marvel universe the first where human characters actually age. No recasting, just new generations of heroes borrowed from the vast repertory of characters at their disposal.

Then eventually... many years later... maybe reboot the universe again to reintroduce Iron Man and whatnot.

I can't see Disney doing this though.

Feige once said he'd be totally okay with letting the characters age with the actors, but that there were various other factors involved that could prevent this (do the actors want to keep doing it until they're older? RDJ seems to not be on that boat).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom