• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Awesome Games Done Quick 2015: Speedrunning For Charity - January 4th - 10th

BigAT

This run has been amazing. Seems like every runner has basically hit their goal, no matter how absolutely absurd it was.

KarmaCow

They way they talk up the Japanese pros, I can't even imagine that level of play that just outclasses what we saw. I hope they can get someone to come for SGDQ.

Cody_D165

Banned
That Tetris block was in-fucking-credible.

I've been wanting to see Shovel Knight all day but tbh I don't think I would be angry if they let KevinDDR stream Tetris for the entire remainder of the GDQ stream.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
They way they talk up the Japanese pros, I can't even imagine that level of play that just outclasses what we saw. I hope they can get someone to come for SGDQ.

There is a video on youtube of some japanese player playing where the placement is basically instant and the pieces are invisible until placed.

Sorry, the pieces aren't invisible until placed, they are visible until placed. So the board is invisible.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jwC544Z37qo

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
That was even more fantastic than I expected. Good show, you crazy fucks.

Shovel Knight HYPE! Good luck Capndrake!

purg3

slept with Malkin
That entire block was phenomenal.

My first reaction was, "Tetris? How can that be interesting?" -- but that was an absolute classic.

Right up there with blindfolded Punch-Out.

Was just thinking the same. That punchout segment last year was unreal, and still tops for me.

Kumubou

Oh man those runs were beyond good; I'm really glad that many people got to see that level of play live.

And they finish with a doubles mode clear because why not.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: I am so very very very happy they're expanding into stuff that isn't strictly speedruns. So much awesome stuff out there.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
That entire block was phenomenal.

My first reaction was, "Tetris? How can that be interesting?" -- but that was an absolute classic.

Right up there with blindfolded Punch-Out.
This and 2guys1controller Contra III. Still some of my favourite runs ever, bummer that Mr. K isn't attending this year.

One handed Vanquish this year has that kinda potential too.

Man, why they gotta tease us with this la mulana music? Did they ever run that game in GDQ?

They did it at SGDQ 2014, actually.

They did a Star Fox 64 score attack last year (at AGDQ or SGDQ, I don't remember) that was really good, too.

Yeah, Zallard did it at AGDQ 2014. I was sad I wasn't able to watch it live after watching him practice it a bunch, but at least I caught his Super Punch-Out! run

Top Bottom